[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you start cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 0cwCrP3.png (74KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
0cwCrP3.png
74KB, 450x450px
At what age did you cu/ck/s start cooking, and how old are you right now?

Started at 16, now 18.
>>
>>8941266
My parents taught me some things when I was a kid but I rarely cooked until I went to college.

At that point I realized I was spending a ton of money eating out (fast food and local places) and for the most part the food honestly sucked. I couldn't abide the combination of high cost and shitty food so I started teaching myself more.

I started with basic shit like premade mixes and soon found that I liked to cook so I took it on as a hobby. Now I'm pretty seriously into it.
>>
WE'RE CO/CK/S YOU FUCKING NEWFAG
>>
I started a little earlier than that.

Food's a really open-ended and forgiving art, so don't stress because your parents didn't force you into learning violin at six.
Rote memorization early on isn't anywhere near as important as expermenting as much as possible. That becomes easier after you mature a little.
>>
the rule at my house was if you cooked you didn't have to wash dishes and i fucking hated washing dishes so i'd cook nearly every night

when i was old enough to go out by myself my mom would give me her credit card and i'd do all the grocery shopping too
>>
>>8941304
WE'RE BOTH KEKS AND COCKS YOU FUCKING KEK
>>
File: spurdo.png (20KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
20KB, 800x750px
>>8941266
sbennidy snibs :DDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>8941332
true, but i cook as a hobby since i still live with my parents.
>>
Around 17 or 18. Dad left around 13, was the good cook in the house.

Finally got tired of eating out at fast food or elsewhere, finally got tired of eating my drunken mothers cooking (if you even want to call it that considering it was almost always undercooked or overcooked or just awful in general). Finally decided to make my own basic meals like pasta and sauce or pan fired chicken with black pepper and salt.

Eventually Ive just kept cooking things, am mostly self taught outside of some cooking shows or videos online, and Im still an amateur but better than before.

Id probably be dead if I kept eating her nasty fucking food
>>
File: 1493495103424.jpg (43KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1493495103424.jpg
43KB, 720x537px
>>8941266

Didn't get into cooking until I left the military, initially it was Macaroni Grill mixes with chicken then I got into making my own gourmet sammiches.

32 now, I'm no chef but I'm competent in the kitchen.
>>
My dad did most of the cooking, and I started helping him out as soon as I got tall enough to reach the stove. Maybe that was when I was 10 or so? So more than half my life
>>
>>8941266
Really early in life, around 4 or 5: both my mom and dad love to cook, though my dad was always better (and always trying new recipes).

30 now, and cooking is a favorite hobby of mine: I'd spend all day most days doing it if i could.
>>
>12
>brother almost burnt house down making frozen pizza

learned how to make actual pizza though. girls love to see you make pizza
>>
>>8941266
16 as well, 21 now. Only been living on my own for a year so I've only been actively cooking since 20 I guess.
>>
>tfw 24 and don't know how to cook
I never had an interest in cooking until recently but now it's too late for me if I wanted to make a career out of it
>>
>>8941266

14, now 33.

First "cooking" job was prep work at a restaurant called "Grandma's", which is still open.
>>
>>8941874
Maybe too late to make a career out of it yeah, but cooking is still a very precious skill that you should hone in your free time tbqh especially if you like it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.