[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cookies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 0428171922.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
0428171922.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
I really fucking love baking but I'm still pretty bad. What mid level recipes should I make to get good? Picture related some cookies I made a while back
>>
>>8934660
in what 3rd world shithole do those abominations pass as cookies
>>
File: 281.jpg (28KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
28KB, 500x281px
no bake cookies. jk. peanut butter can be easy to make. there's a 3 ingredient pb cookie recipe. pb, sugar, and eggs.
>>
don't eat cookies
>>
Hey op, search "cookies recipe" on google, and follow the most simple one you find, did you just make shit up as you went along with those ones? Start basic, after several different recipes you will get the gist of how shit works. /ck/ overcomplicate shit unless you tell them you are poor and have a budget then youl just be eating rice.
>>
>>8934660
>>8934705

this, baking is the only form of cooking where there is no room for alterations, you dont "spice it up"

there's no such thing as "a pinch" or "a scoop" or "eye ball it"

you cook the fucking shit to the t. and preheat and bake to the t. thats it

baking should result in 100% results each time

you can experiment with non-cakes/pastries based food a bit, but never the other way around
>>
>>8934775
My girlfriend says you are full of shit.
>>
>>8935629
i'm sure she's quite a catch
>>
File: 1493297654608.jpg (5KB, 238x195px)
1493297654608.jpg
5KB, 238x195px
>>8935629
>A 4chin user being full of shit
I would have never imagined such a thing
>>
>>8934775
this anon is full of shit.

I was gonna make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and didn't have enough butter. so I substituted some bananas that were about to turn. fucking banana chocolate chip cookies are so good.
they baked right the consistency was right and I got tons of mmmms from other anons from them

try them OP. just add half the butter to the recipe and substitute bananas for the other half
>>
Op what recipe did you use for those cookies? I don't bake much but I've never seen cookies that turned out like that.
>>
>>8935652
Yeah it happens sometimes, gotta be wary.
>>
>>8935654
Sounds great anon can't argue with tons of mmmms.
>>
File: my nice cookies.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
my nice cookies.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
what up /cookies/ i just made these oatmeal raisins. they coolin
>>
File: 1491971910074s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px)
1491971910074s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>8935804
best kind of cookies
>>
>>8934660
Buy a 3rd party silpat, amazon makes one that works well.
>>
>>8934775
>>8935629
>>8935654
He's right, in a way
If you want a specific texture and shape you have to follow your recipe exactly

But if you don't really care too much and don't mind experimenting you can get some unique results, by experimenting and going off from the recipe you might not get the perfectly chewy brownies you wanted but instead get a nice light airy brownie instead for example. Both are good

It's just usually when people bake something, they want something specific and if you want that specific thing like what you expect, you can't just make alterations.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.