[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ feel about escargots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: escargots.jpg (720KB, 1688x1125px) Image search: [Google]
escargots.jpg
720KB, 1688x1125px
How does /ck/ feel about escargots?
>>
>>8933724
I've never had it, but always wanted to try. If I find someone I can actually buy them I might take a crack at making it but I have no fucking idea where to come across snail
>>
Nice entree or a snack. The whole extraction is what makes the dish. Snails themselves are okay.
>>
The consistency is disgusting as shit and I would not advise eating it. It's a meme food that tastes like whatever you season em with.
>>
>>8933738
They're a vehicle for garlic and butter.

git rekt snail racist
>>
I had some before and it was pretty good. That was on a cruise though. And it was swimming in what I vaguely remember as garlic butter, so it was pretty tasty.
>>
>>8933724
I'd like to taste them but I can only find frozen ones where I live. I doubt they'd be very good.
>>
>>8933724

it's been awhile, but it's pretty gud.
>>
>>8933780
at least where i am the live ones are illegal (they're invasive) so they're hard to get fresh
>>
>>8933755
Beef is a better vehicle for garlic and butter desu
>>
>>8933724
Delicious.
>>8933727
You can get them canned here in the States, along with shells at virtually any chain super market; they're usually in the isle with canned fish etc. I've never tried them so caveat emptor, they may suck. I imagine they'd need some tlc in the warming up, basting in butter and such
>>8933802
Are you in the UK? Last time I was there (Guildford) there were fucking massive snails everywhere, I thought to myself, why aren't y'all eating these things? Later on I obliquely learned somewhere that some are poisonous and there's a specific process to purge them or something. Anyone have Eurodata on this?
>>
garlic butter is god tier but I like it better with mussels
>>
>>8934086
I didn't know some of them were poisonous but in any case you're supposed to make them fast before killing them, otherwise they're really bitter
>>
>>8934086
To make snails edible (tasty), they need purging and that takes a few days and a little effort. Us Brits are generally very lazy and reserved so we'll fuck off to the pizza place instead. Heaven forbid we know what we're actually eating.
>>
Can you get this in the UK?
>>
File: based.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8933724
One of the few things I would call a delicacy. Local restaurant makes an escargot dish served on a pastry that's like a layered biscuit with some kind of herb butter sauce. Fuck that shit is hella good...

pic related
>>
I've only ever had them in a highly recommended restaurant in France, so I think they're amazing, but I'm sure if I had them somewhere less acclaimed, they might not be as good.

I'm not trying to be hoity toity, I just haven't had them anywhere else.
>>
>>8933724
Fancy name for eating snails, you degenerate frog fucker
>>
>>8933724

You can get them at almost any proper town in Europe.

I almost always order them as most of the time they are the best thing on the menu.
>>
>>8933727
Go look in your backyard.
>>
>>8935756
No. They'll taste like grass.
There's a reason they put them in sawdust to "clean" themselves.
>>
>>8935875
You feed them flour for a week until their poop turns completely white. That is how you purify them, so you don't get botulism or some other shit.
>>
File: IMG_1127.jpg (54KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1127.jpg
54KB, 225x350px
>>8933724
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.