[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /fit/ here. I tried making pancakes with just egg and banana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hi, /fit/ here.

I tried making pancakes with just egg and banana this morning. Tried. One of you guys mind letting me know where I went wrong? Thanks.
>>
>>8933672
You tried making pancakes with just egg and banana
>>
you forgot the flour and the milk and to add some leavening agent and also you put banana in there
>>
pan was not nice and hot
i've made them before and they actually came out shaped like pancakes. didn't taste like them tho
idk mash the bananas to a fine paste
>>
>>8933684
I blended it and used kind of high heat, but I got scared that it was going to burn my pan. I also don't cook with oil, I just flip my things quickly and very often

>>8933679
b-but muh cut
>>
File: 1487360481539.png (120KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1487360481539.png
120KB, 306x306px
>>8933688
>I also don't cook with oil, I just flip my things quickly and very often
>>
>>8933692
what's wrong with that? I don't usually destroy frying pans, you get used ti it
>>
Wouldn't egg and instant oats make more sense?

I actually want to try that now.
>>
>>8933672
hey anon, if you actually want to make this again, here's some advice

make a normal plain ol pancake batter mix, from scratch, premade ones are shit always

dice 1 or 2 bananas and put into a bowl, add some chopped walnuts if you like for a banana nut pancake, cover with a little brown sugar and mix it all up and let it sit a bit

pour your pancake batter into the pan, put the banana all up on top of it and just cook it normally
>>
>>8933702

Oil serves many purposes beyond "non stick".

1) It adds flavor.
2) it fills the gaps between the food and the flat pan which provides better heat transfer between the pan and the food. This cooks the food more evenly and also does a better job of browning the food. (Browning = malliard reaction = tastes good).
>>
>>8933704
>instant oats

>>8933707
Thanks, but the whole point it they're meant to be low cal pancakes. I did put some cinnamon and vanilla extract in there, so it was a little bit nicer than what it looks like.

>>8933710
Oh I didn't know that, especially the second point. What kind of oil is good? My parents used to always have vegetable oil, because apparently olive oil is bad for you when you heat it?
>>
>>8933735
>doesn't know about fucking cooking oil
>thinks instant oats are useless

Kill yourself
>>
>>8933740
Instant oats are garbage. Steel cut is much better
>>
>>8933735
>What kind of oil is good?

For general purpose use? Vegetable Oil. Soybean. Peanut. Most kinds of olive oil.

>>My parents used to always have vegetable oil, because apparently olive oil is bad for you when you heat it?

That's only extra-virgin olive oil. Most olive oil is refined and is perfectly safe to heat up.
>>
>>8933747
Not far all things, you mentally retarded child.
>>
>>8933747
This isn't whole wheat vs white flour, or brown vs white rice. All oats are exactly the same nutritionally.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.