[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best way to prepare trout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Raw-trout.jpg (34KB, 534x356px) Image search: [Google]
Raw-trout.jpg
34KB, 534x356px
whats the best way to prepare trout?
>>
By throwing it in the trash
>>
>>8933612
Grilled whole over a wood fire

dat crispy skin, man....
>>
>>8933612
"All right you trout, you get out there and you do your damn best, you hear me? I want one hudnred and ten percent from you out there today! I want you to eat all the bugs and worms you can, but watch out for the ones with hooks in them! I'm talking to you McTrout, watch out for the hooks! Okay, let's get out there and be the best damn trout in the whole lake!"
>>
Salmonids are the worst fish

Throw it out and get something that lives in salt water
>>
>>8933625
THIR YESTHIR!
>>
File: Graavilohi_1.jpg (351KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Graavilohi_1.jpg
351KB, 1600x1067px
>>8933612
gravlax
>>
>>8933625
You beautiful bastard

>>8933612
If it's a whole fish either (ez mode) lightly flour and fry in butter, or (hard mode) smoke it. For the latter, start your coals, move them over to one side of the grill when they've ashed over, either place soaked wood chunks in the coals or a disposable baking tin filled with wood chips and covered with foil with holes poked in it. Put the fish on the cool side, place the lid on with the vents over the meat.

>>8933660
Trout are generally not large enough for this, but it's delicious.
>>
Would putting them into salt also work?
Not sure about the term in english, but you mix egg foam with loads (~1kg per fish) of coarse salt and put some of that "dough" on an oven tray, put the fish on it (maybe some spice in its stomach cavity) and cover it in the salt dough and put it in the oven.
did it with some seafish, and it was absolutely amazing!
>>
à la meunière
>>
>>8933709
>Not sure about the term in english

"salt crust grill" or "salt crust bake"
>>
>>8933629
lmao. Coastcuck detected
>>
I always encrust with cajun seasoning and broil
>>
>>8933612

smoked over hickory or pecan, then candied

t. WNC anon
>>
Fry some cubetti until the fat runs, toss in some chopped garlic and whole trout, 4 or 5 mins per side. Splash of shallot vinegar and parsley to finish.
>>
>>8933709
Yes it definitely would. Put some herbs and some citrus in there in you like.
>>
>>8933625
>>8933645
Love it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.