[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>being vegan >ever Why ? I can understand someone is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 44

File: reversesub.jpg (80KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
reversesub.jpg
80KB, 540x532px
>being vegan
>ever

Why ? I can understand someone is vegetarian but I can't understand why would somebody could fall for the vegan meme

Not bait, I am legitimately asking
>>
The milk and egg industry and environmental nightmares.
>>
>>8924831
being vegan isn't all shit, kenji has some awesome recipes that are amazing, but the real reason people are vegen op has nothing to do with the environment or industry, its about sex. people would rather give up meat and eggs and milk than stop fucking and having so many children, thus requiring so much destructive industry
>>
>>8924840
fuck off you childless homo
>>
>>8924835
Yeah this is correct. Being vegan is better for everyone
>>
They believe that humans aren’t better than other animals.
>>
>>8924840
That sounds way more retarded than just being vegan for the animals.
>>
>>8924847
we objectively are
>>
animal agriculture industry is a plague. we're ruining the planet and our future so some amerishart can have 1 dollar hamburgers.
>>
>>8924835
>Refusing to eat quality egg/milk based product

And please don't bring vegan "cheese" and "cake"

Those Will never taste as good

Also you need protein supplements
>>
vegans are all virtue-signalling faggots who have purity-spiraled themselves retarded

all of their rationale is so much bullshit to make themselves feel like they're better than other people
>uhh you're an evil animal torturer
>uhhh muh environment, you're killing the world and I'm jesus
>uhhhhhh i'm so morally evolved compared to me u are a brutish animal but animals aren't brutes tho :^))

vegans are assholes
>>
File: 1375937574108.gif (548KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
1375937574108.gif
548KB, 245x176px
>>8924858
little tiny bird brains
>>
File: vegans can do anything.jpg (40KB, 325x219px) Image search: [Google]
vegans can do anything.jpg
40KB, 325x219px
>>
>>8924852
Cry harder, faggot
>>
It's all a fucking meme. Just don't eat red meat like a pig and you will reduce the impact on your health and on the environment. Aneridumbs just can't into moderation. And no, you are bit a fucking vegan if you eat fish and chicken, you are an attention whore.
>>
>>8924866

Not a vegan myself (not even vegetarian), but in that trip, 2 non vegan men also died. There was a storm or something.
>>
>>8924831
Animal industries have a really bad impact on the environment, not to mention how fucked most of it is.

Animal products also tend to be bad for your health, so a lot of people do it for health reasons.

I try to limit how much I eat meat and dairy and eat mostly vegan but sometimes you have to enjoy simple pleasures in life
>>
>>8925014
But no one cares if there's no irony.
>>
>>8925066
>Animal products also tend to be bad for your health
People actually believe this, way to fall into big soy.
>>
>>8925100
I don't eat soy either.

Cholesterol and saturated fat straight up cause heart issues, you can deny it, but it is fact
>>
It's for that sense of superiority. "I'm above all those dirty humans, my imaginary superior friend", thought the vegan. "Take me in", he finishes.

Anyway, I can see myself going vegetarian, because I eat less and less meat every year (I still like it, but I don't actively seek it), but never vegan.
>>
>>8924831

Fact: If a person or behavior seems really strange to vast the majority of the world population, 99% of the time it is due to a cataloged and recognized mental illness or inadequacy. Veganism defies common sense and human nature. Chances are every vegan has some form of mental illness or learning retardation, whether it's diagnosed or not.
>>
>>8925360
I think in the vast majority of cases of vegan mental illness it stems from the fact they were never accepted when they were young. They grew up longing for a welcoming group of people they could bond with. They meet an evangelizing vegan who beckons them to join their cult and suddenly they've found their place in a tribe.
>>
>>8924852
Truth
>>
>>8925110
>inb4 100 posts of saturatedfat vs. sugar shilling
>>
I don't particularly care if someone wants to be a vegan. Honestly, the meat industry IS pretty fucked up.

My problem is, nearly all of the vegans I've ever known are such shit at eating that it boggles my mind. "We are going to opt out of this terrible industrial system!" they cry, and then they spend too much money on frozen, prepared Amy's dinners and terrible meat replacements. They criminally overcook and underseason veggies, make awkward attempts to replace meat, and make garbage tasting baked goods that are no more healthy for their omission of butter and eggs.

I had one vegan roommate who wasn't a proselytizing asshole about it, who was really, really proud of her cooking, and apparently went to some form of culinary school. In fact, her food was underseasoned, she put curry powder on EVERYTHING "because vegans like spice," and every single dish was essentially stir fried veggies.

I can, and on several occasions have, cooked delicious vegan meals. It is doable, and doesn't rely on expensive replacement ingredients (the most I've ever used was nutritional yeast, which i actually like as a condiment), and isn't any harder that normal cookery. It's fucking sad that vegans seem to refuse to teach themselves even basic cooking skills.
>>
>>8924856
>Also you need protein supplements
You don't. If you eat a wide variety of plant foods you'll be getting all the amino acids you need in large enough amounts.
If you aren't eating poop or drinking dirty river water you're definitely going to need a b12 supplement though.
>>
>>8925014
>but what about all the nonvegans who darwin'd themselves on everest???

They didn't go there with the express purpose of making nonveganism look cool and healthy. The news article isn't being circulated because she was vegan, but because she fucked up while having something to prove.
>>
>>8924831
It is an eating disorder. people can calorie restrict and refuse to eat what others around them do but justify it with cute cuddly animals rather than dark medical pathology.

https://youtu.be/pSPU4fCfyzc
>>
> I can understand someone is vegetarian but I can't understand why would somebody could fall for the vegan meme

It's the other way around. There's a logic to veganism; you don't want to kill brown-eyed cows and fuzzy baby chicks, so you disengage from animal products. Vegetarians, though, they're okay with chick slurry and calf theft as long as they can't TASTE the bodies. And that's weird, you know? That's denial.
>>
The honey bee industry is an environmental disaster

We need to stop raping bees for honey, and let them die off so a major pollinator can disappear and make my all vegan food an even more expensive luxury item
>>
>>8924852
Global warming isn't anthropogenic
>>
>>8924831
There are some ethical, economical and environmental arguments that are respectable, like animal suffering, the meat industry being a fucking nightmare that does way more harm than good to everyone and all that entails supporting such a thing, you might not agree with those for a lot of reasons, and that's your own business, but they're not all fairy tales.

Careful and well planned veganism, if you can afford it, is not really a bad diet, granted that you go balls to the wall with it and again, you can afford it, both in the money and health sense, people with food or digestive deficiencies can ill afford a vegan diet for instance.

The problem with vegans, much like vegetarians, is that 90% of the times they're posers and hypocrites, they bitch about the meat and animal industry but at the same time they chug all those garbage soy products, like soy milks or "steaks" which are full of shit and do just as much harm to the environment as the meat industry, they usually force their diet on their children and newborns who can not afford a Vegan diet, and again, most of them do it because it's cool and trendy and because they're dumb fucking idiots who fall for whatever "health" trend garbage they read on the internet.

I met a few cool Vegans, but they're ascetic tier Vegans with their own farm who are completely self dependant and know just how much of a scam is the Vegan food industry, I can respect them even though I don't agree with some(most) of their stances, but unfortunately, the vast majority of Vegans are brainwashed morons that aren't any different from the average eater.

That said, there's worse shit around, like the whole Soylent Green affaire, now that is something we should worry about.
>>
>>8924831
>I'm an aspy fuck up that is really bothered by the food choices of other people

plus you already know that people do it because its fucking scientifically proven to be healthy and its better for the environment

fuck off meat heads. no one cares about your self centered obsession with trying to force your diet on other people.
>>
>>8926969
>I don't particularly care if someone wants to be a vegan
>my problem is that i obsess over what other people eat in these half dozen specific ways

what a fucking fag
>>
>>8927050
>i'm an ass hat

Please read the following link, hosted by Donald Trump's NASA:

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/
>>
>>8924831
There was some bitch in my philosophy class arguing for insect rights.
>>
>>8927101
even if it's anthropogenic we're still doomed
you should be proselytizing to chinese coal factories instead of wasting your time parading your high-horse here
>>
>>8927101
https://youtu.be/OwqIy8Ikv-c
>>
>>8927106
that sounds like a great idea to take the piss out of vegans actually
I'll have to remember that
>>
File: 2017-05-12-17-22-23-196657361.jpg (3KB, 201x144px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-12-17-22-23-196657361.jpg
3KB, 201x144px
>>8927154
Yay, our orange emperor! MACH - Make America China
>>
Imagine how many small insects vegans kill by simply walking or driving places. Hypocrites.
>>
>>8927192
You're not very bright.
>>
>>8924847
It's the other way round, actually. Insisting that Humans shouldn't act as other omnivores and eat as they please is a claim that humans are inherently superior to animals and should be held to higher standards.
>>
>>8924831
I'm a vegetarian and even I think vegans are fucking nuts.
>>
>>8924831
most of my vegan friends just didn't really like meat in the first place, and wouldn't be able to kill an animal themselves, so feel like it's wrong to pay someone else to do it, especially with how shitty meat farming treats animals. a LOT of vegans were just vegetarians, but most people get sick eating a vegetarian diet and are told by their doctors to go vegan. i don't remember why though.

so most of my friends are cool about it, would eat eggs from my chickens, cheese from my cows, etc, but are mostly in it for health or ethical reasons. none of my friends think it's morally wrong for humans to eat animals, just they personally feel bad about it and don't really miss them in their diet.
>>
File: lindy.jpg (26KB, 359x222px) Image search: [Google]
lindy.jpg
26KB, 359x222px
>>
File: 1489106613476.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1489106613476.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>8927268
>vegan apologists
>>
>>8924831
>healthiest diet on a population scale
>MEME!!!!!
Sure thing and I don't even give a fuck about that sentient beings shit and only tangentially care about the environmental factors. They're great and undeniable but if you truly care about that you have to drastically change your life. Vegan is a good start but there's way more if you actually want to use that argument.
>>
>>8927260
They are. Vegetarian isn't even close to batshit insane, like vegans. It's like comparing a Catholic that goes to church on holidays and Ash Wednesday with an Evangelical christian. One is reasonable, the other is an off the edge lunatic hypocrite.
>>
>>8927365
There are reasonable people everywhere. The 2 vegans I know are perfectly fine. That word has a really negative connotation though, lots of arrogant, pushy and straight up obnoxious vegans, especially online.
>>
>>8924852
Yeah but I don't care what happens to the earth. I'm treating this planet like a rental car. I didn't ask to be here any way.

Why do vegans not understand that some people just don't give a fuck about the environment or this planet's future?
>>
>>8927410
That's because you're a selfish faggot who has never ventured outside of your neighbourhood

kys
>>
>>8927444
Nah. I've lived in multiple states and traveled to other countries.

Nice name calling, child. You vegans have juvenile mentalities
>>
File: EdnaK_20thCentFox.jpg (50KB, 974x545px) Image search: [Google]
EdnaK_20thCentFox.jpg
50KB, 974x545px
>>8924831
>4chan
>not bait

Pic related
>>
>>8927410
>Why do vegans not understand that some people just don't give a fuck about the environment

Plenty of vegans understand, and do not give a fuck, either! That's why they don't flinch when land is clear-cut for soybeans.
>>
>>8927006
>enslavement to the supplement industry is better than enslavement to the egg industry

Eggs are healthier for man than your moral cause should allow.

and the economic fact of the matter is: it's cheaper to spend $1.35 on a carton of eggs than $5.30 on the hipster 1lb organic meme quinoa bag or $4.40 on the heritage buckwheat or even $2.50 on the pound of tofu or $2 for the pack of spinach or broccoli much less all these fucking things vegans need in combination just to get a healthy diet when they could just fucking eat eggs like the rest of us.
>>
Lots of vegans seem to have a strange disconnect where they don't understand the difference between domesticated and non-domesticated animals.

An animal raised for consumption is not the same as an animal born in the wild. You might think the way domesticated animals are treated is cruel, but nature is cruel, and you're very sensitive. You would not survive in the wild.

And what would we do with all these domesticated animals if we did not eat them? If we freed all domesticated animals they would turn into a plague upon society, and then many of them would suffer greatly as they die slowly, no longer attuned to the skills needed to survive.

In my opinion, the morally superior argument is not to abstain from animal products, but to eat less of them. Otherwise, you are dooming these animals to a much less humane type of suffering and possible extinction.
>>
>>8924831
i find it disgusting how vegans try to brainwash everyone with those fucking "this is what they dont want you to know" type of videos.

i have been to so many farms in my country and none of them have mistreated their animals, but these retards just sit on their computers all day sharing this shit without actually checking for themselves and making everyone scared f every farm to ever have existed.

whats also bad is the fact they are hypocrites. i have talked to many and all of the arguments go the same way.

they start by talking me down for not caring about animals/planet then i tell them they dont care either since they use computer/phones/cars/pretty much anything in modern civilization since metal industry is ruining the planet, to which they respond and i quote "ye but leaving those things behind would be a pain".

vegans literally do the least possible to feel better about themselves. it is not about the planet or the animals it is a self centered movement.
>>
>>8927536
>Lots of vegans seem to have a strange disconnect where they don't understand the difference between domesticated and non-domesticated animals.

A lot of meat heads compartmentalize the idea of some animals being ok to eat while others are not of to eat. The distinction, for them, has no basis in logic - only tradition. Because their parents taught them it was ok in their culture. ITs similar to religion in that in america they think christ is their savior, but on the other side of the world it might be allah or god or buddha that they worship. In this case for some reason dogs are fair game in some locations and absolutely haram in others.

kinds of fucking faggy and super retarded if you ask me
>>
>>8927929
I'd eat horse.
Or rat.
Or dog.
Giraffes too.

Not monkeys though.
>>
>>8927929
>A lot of meat heads compartmentalize the idea of some animals being ok to eat while others are not of to eat

It's not any more arbitrary than when we divide up how we treat humans. It's okay to eat a cow, but not a dog. Just like it's okay to kill a suspicious thug, but not that co-worker you don't like. Or how it's okay to fuck the qt cardiobunny at the gym, but not your kid sister.
>>
>>8924831
I get vegans. What I don't get is vegans ranting about "radical carnists"
>>
I'm always curious as to where each vegan draws their own line.

Last person I asked said they would eat Cochineal but not honey.
>>
>>8927953

It actually is a lot more arbitrary.

You're fucked up.
>>
>>8927968
>t. sisterfucker
>>
>>8927985

>>8927953 is the guy that said eating dog was less arbitrary than sister fucking.

if anything there is a good reason not to fuck your sister, but there isn't a good reason not to eat your dog. this makes eating dog more arbitrary. the shooting criminals thing is probably even more apropos.

it goes to show how off base meat eaters are. the sat fats clog up their brain synapses and before you know it they are voting for orange clowns. america is a fucking train wreck.
>>
File: 1397274158497.png (33KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1397274158497.png
33KB, 236x236px
I'm vegan and I hate fucking talking about it to people. Every time I go to a restaurant with someone that doesn't know, I PRAY that they don't realize that what I ordered is vegan.
It's just a fucking choice I made about what I consume, I don't want to talk to random people about it all the goddamn time.
I needed to rant about this because when I went out for dinner last night I ordered something without meat and a coworker bitched about me being vegan for a literal hour. It was like I was on /ck/ irl.

And to answer the question I'm vegan because I don't want to eat meat and I'm allergic to dairy.
>>
>>8928090
>not being able to create some shitty excuses
Deserved desu
>>
>>8928090

People don't realize (because they are fucking stupid) that sometimes you have to tell the wait staff about your food choices to make sure that you are maintaining the diet you have chosen.

They also feel threatened by you, because your decision to not eat meat throws their indefensible choice to eat meat in the spot light. This makes them feel defensive and they try to put the spot light back on you.

But what are they going to do? bitch of an hour about something you didn't talk about at all?

Sounds like ck where there is a vegan hate thread several times a day, but not a single pro vegan thread.

this sense of persecution of meat eaters is like the fucking sense of persecution that christians have in america - even though they make up the majority.

its like fox news having the highest ratings, and calling other news organizations the mainstream media.

vegan hate threads are fucking retarded and people that care about what other people eat are fucking children.

i eat the fuck out of meat fyi but the amount of hypocrisy in modern day america is fucking astounding 24/7
>>
>>8928008
>there is a good reason not to fuck your sister

Right, she's family.

>but there isn't a good reason not to eat your dog

Wrong, he or she is family.

You're REALLY bad at this.
>>
File: tembleque.jpg (178KB, 700x1057px) Image search: [Google]
tembleque.jpg
178KB, 700x1057px
>>8928125
>but not a single pro vegan thread

Radical Vegan hosts a vegan general that usually goes pretty well.
>>
>>8928145

Well there are at least 3 vegan hate threads going right now, and plenty of meat heads in all the other threads that make snide comments that are totally unwarranted all the time.

People need to grow the fuck up and not feel so threatened by the little vegan in the corner.
>>
File: k.jpg (91KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
91KB, 600x697px
>>8928125

yeah you are the reason people make fun of and hate vegans. drown yourself in pesto you fucking retard
>>
>>8928133
>Wrong, he or she is family.

no.. your dog is a different species. just like the cows you eat.

you're really fucking bad at this.
>>
>>8928090
>because I don't want to eat meat and I'm allergic to dairy

Well la-di-da. Somehow I suspect your coworker was bitching about it because you climbed into your pulpit and started preaching fire and brimstone like every other vegan female I've met irl. Usually the men vegans never mention anything about it and just go about their business. No one gives them shit either. Fucking female vegans have to make sure everyone within a 1 mile radius knows they are a certified member of a more highly evolved human.
>>
>>8928178

i eat meat though. you guys think you only look like children to the vegans that you make fun of?

you look like children to any grown up around you.

>>8928182
>i can't handle other people eating food and i have to cry about it like a little numale snowflake
>females are the worst, i never have any luck with them

die in a fire
>>
>>8928182
I'm a 28 year old man. The conversation was this:

WOOOOOOOOW YOU HAD THEM TAKE CHICKEN OFF THE SALAD, WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF VEGAN OR SOMETHING
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO YOU ARE VEGAN WOOOOOOOOOOW WHY DONT YOU EAT MEAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ITS SO GOOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WOOOOOOOOOOW

for an hour. I didn't say shit, I just ordered a fucking salad and didn't want meat on it or ranch dressing.
>>
>>8928190
Well they sound like assholes, I would have asked if I could have had the chicken in that case. But, you're allergic to dairy? Lmao fucking genetic defect, kill yourself my dude
>>
>>8928190
>or ranch dressing.

my wife orders her salads dry. I love it when fatties within a 25 mile radius hear that and start in with the:

WOOOOOOOOW YOU HAD THEM TAKE DRESSING OFF THE SALAD, WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF HEALTHY PERSON OR SOMETHING
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW SO YOU ARE HEALTHY WOOOOOOOOOOW WHY DONT YOU EAT RANCH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ITS SO GOOD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WOOOOOOOOOOW

fatties are fucking disgusting
>>
>>8928179
The dog being a different species doesn't mean it's not family, and the sister being the same species doesn't mean it's okay to fuck her. Categorization is more complex than you want to pretend it is. If you disagree, try letting a cow do your taxes for you next year.
>>
>>8928197

its the same psychology at play

Their shitty decision to eat unhealthy is thrust into the spot light by someone that is making better choices - they instantly get defensive about it and it ruins their day.

Just try to ignore them. They aren't civilized enough to control the knee jerk psychological reactions they are having.

When they get defensive their endocrine system catches fire and they are set into fight or flight mode. If they are stuck at a dinner table they can't leave so they end up wanting to fight, but there is no one to fight so they just look upset and butthurt and can't help themselves.

Honestly, it's just sad watching people falter because of their animal instincts that they haven't evolved past. This inability to think things through calmly is actually likely the same mechanism that incapacitates them and makes them unable to change and live a healthy lifestyle since everytime they are challenged by it their base reaction is to flock to tradition and comfort and safety - which is whatever habits they have grown up with.

the whole thing is a depressing drama to watch.

you meat heads are fucking awful - but i feel bad for you because i know its not your fault that you aren't evolved enough and its not your fault you can't change. you're just shitty people.. desu
>>
>>8928216
>The dog being a different species doesn't mean it's not family

Uh, actually it does.

It says it in the legal system of the united states, as well as the bible.

But you meat heads like to just ignore facts and compartmentalize things in a way that excuses your poor life choices... carry on.
>>
>>8928233
>compartmentalize

social justice babble

are you going to say anything relevant ma'am?
>>
>>8928233
>It says it in the legal system of the united states

The legal system of the United States says it's okay to eat meat. Looks like I win again!
>>
I started eating vegan a few weeks ago

Not tastier, not healthier (but not necessarily unhealthy)

I do it because of muh environment.
I don't make a huge deal about it and most people are cool about it.
Still the occasional person who gets upset because I don't eat what they want me to eat.

Had a soy/seaweed burger that tasted legitimately like bacon which was nice. Fuck soy-based ground beef alternatives, I'd rather munch on the raw beans instead.
Also, spicy is the new savoury.
>>
>>8924831
>meme
I didn't realize I was on the food and cooking subreddit.
This board is a fucking disgrace you normie faggots.
>>
>>8927894
>vegans literally do the least possible to feel better about themselves.

They do more than you, faggot
>>
>>8928008
Dogs are traditionally work animals so in the case it's a work dog the reasons not to eat it are fucking obvious, they are carnivores so the nutrition value of them is shit, they taste like shit, the meat is stringy cause they run around all day and also they don't have much meat on them.

But if I was in a dire enough situation that I had to eat a dog to survive, I would.
>>
The farthest I've gone is pescatarian and I only did it because red meat and poultry is really bad for you and dirty as ducking hell. Pescatarian diet had been shown over and over to be the healthiest and that's why I eat that way.
>>
>>8924831
OK, I have to know. what the fuck is that that he's holding?
>>
>>8927894
>try to make someone else upset for not being a 100% shitlord.
>>
>>8929406
>mobile poster doesn't eat red meat
Pottery
>>
>>8929406
Fish is also bad for you.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/dont-take-the-bait-fish-is-not-a-health-food
>>
File: veganism is just basic decency.jpg (62KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
veganism is just basic decency.jpg
62KB, 720x720px
>>8927894
I'm getting really tired of people lying about visiting farms and saying there's no mistreatment involved.

Even if you go to your granny's backyard where she has a few chickens, you don't know if when you're gone she abuses them. Undercover investigations show you more than what they'll show you in 20 minutes of visiting, you dumb fuck. And besides, over 99% of animals come from factory farms with highly restricted access, and standard practices that are torture.

Stop fucking lying to make yourself sound more qualified. I've been to lots of farms too, I've worked with "humane" farmers (who definitely abuse their animals and laugh about it, but claim they respect animals to dumbfucks like you who want to believe it), I've been friends with government inspectors who have cried after leaving work because what they've seen and smelled was so horrific, and I've spoken with factory farmers themselves and slaughterhouse workers. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about and you need to sit your stupid, smug ass down.
>>
>>8927485
Non organic quinoa is 2$ a pound, which makes a shit ton of cooked quinoa. I bought non-organic buckwheat for $1.50, $1.25 for a pound of tofu. Why are you using the organic numbers? Of course it's going to be inflated.
>>
File: MEDITERANSKA.jpg (70KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
MEDITERANSKA.jpg
70KB, 680x512px
From the looks of this thread, there are a lot of people who are actively being oppressed by a vast network of aggressive vegans.

The reality is your big sister had a vegetarian phase and caused some momentary drama to your family meals because you were used to the same tendies and bacon every day, she made you all try beans once, and you got so traumatized by it that you spend hours each week ranting about it on a punjabi ironworking forum.

Here is a healthy arrangement of food. How angry are you after looking at this image? Do you feel the urge to commit violence now? Do you feel that your sense of well being is under attack? Good.
>>
>>8930333
>you don't know if when you're gone she abuses them

I can't see you over the internet. You claim to be vegan, but you could be eating a steak right now. You could be murdering a person right now. Why give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt?
>>
>>8931331

When I look at this all I see is work.

Also dem grapes
>>
Veganism is just a socially acceptable way of announcing you're a homosexual to strangers without venturing into sexuality itself.
>>
>>8927077

projection 101
>>
File: Animals.png (824KB, 708x479px) Image search: [Google]
Animals.png
824KB, 708x479px
Because its unethical and unsustainable, it doesn't take joining PETA and being a pretentious fuck to realize this. The conversation gets a lot more interesting when you get other meat restricted dieters into the equation as for most people its largely idealistic, obviously no one expects to save the world by curbing there meat eating habits but they just recognize its wrong and do it because of that. Its called not being a selfish prick. Its completely your right to be a selfish prick but dont act like your right and other people are wrong because of it, that just makes you a retarded selfish prick. As for people saying humans are more important then animals you are fucking retarded, no being has any importance however preventing suffering anyway we can is the only way we can actually "improve" this world. There is absolutely no justifying factory farms, plain and simple.
>>
>>8928190

why didn't you just ask for some other salad dressing like a functional human being? Why did you order a grilled chicken salad instead of a salad without meat like a functional human being?
>>
>>8931411
>its unethical and unsustainable

I disagree. But I do understand that you're extra-sensitive and consider feelings as valid as fact.
>>
>>8928233
>vegan
>being this unempathetic towards dogs
INDIAN DETECTED GO POO IN LOO AND GTFO OF MY BOARD
>>
>>8931411
>humans are not more important than animals

weeewwwww
why not go live in the forest then away from all these human inventions
>>
>>8931431
Nihilistic neckbeard detected.
>>
>>8931411
>humans have been doing it for 10000+ years
>it's unsustainable meme

If you just took a stance against factory farming and urged people to live more ascetically, I doubt anybody would have a problem. Instead you pull shit out of your ass for a moral crusade and turn everyone off to your position from square one.
>>
>>8931455
>his only rebut is an insult
>wonders why nobody takes him seriously

I'm convinced veganism is for the bourgeois to pat themselves on the back.
>>
>>8931431
>>8931452
>>8931458
Whenever you have efficiency as your main concern with factory farms, there will always be instances where animals where animals are treated incredibly inhumanely, you have all seen this before in those videos those annoying vegans post, even if this is a small percentage of all animals in these farms that is way too many instances considering the amount of animals we have to eat in order to satisfy our meat eating habits, and depending on who ask this isn't a small percentage of those animals. Its no secret there kept in conditions that are unjustifiably subpar, pretty much all of them have little if any room to move, there diet is ass, and there overall conditions are shit. Like it or not we have to admit that we have to take steps to stop this from happening. Animals from pastures can be treated in ways that are admittedly ethical, this meat is and will be more expensive but its also a lot more health without all those antibiotics and shit diet.. You can delude yourself into thinking this is moral but your blatantly wrong. Plants will always be a more efficient way of feeding people. These problems will only get worse as the population grows and grows
>>
>>8931507
Why do you think you're more important than plants?
>>
>>8924846
by who's standard?
>>
>>8927478
truth
>>
>>8931507

>making an argument for factory farming reform, not veganism

OK.
>>
>>8927953
>it's okay to kill a suspicious thug
where do you live? i want to move there
>>
>>8928190
>28 year old man
and you let him talk to like that for a hour?
are you a beta male?
>>
>>8927485
You keep saying "organic" and listing plant foods known to not be the cheapest (though spinach and broccoli are usually cheap, you probably just don't buy it).
It's like you know you're full of shit and that most plant foods are far cheaper than other things unless you're spending "$5.30 on the hipster 1lb organic meme quinoa".
As the other guy said quinoa's only $2 non-organic, and most things are still much cheaper than that.
>>
>>8931507
>If you just took a stance against factory farming and urged people to live more ascetically, I doubt anybody would have a problem.

I can't tell whether or not you're listening to me (for a vegan, an amazing feat and something I've never seen on 4chan before) or you're dumb enough to think you're rebutting this... by agreeing with it.

I have no problem with an anti-factory farming stance. I'm sure many people would have no problem with it (save like the one trailer trash fatty going MUH $.99/lb TYSON'S CHICKEN THIGHS). If your argument is that our modern diet is excessive and filled with waste, that we should be living a little closer to our roots, I'm fine with that. I'm sure many people would be. But when you take this position and then use it to justify an all-sweeping black-or-white evil-or-good moral crusade it just turns people toward meat eating solely to spite your face for being a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>8928197
>>8928190
I didn't know you lived that close to DSP, anon.
>>
>>8931636
How does saying why I understand vegans and that i recognized its mainly an ideological thing mean im turing it into a black and white issue. Saying vegans are bad is making it a black a white statements, recognizing different ideologies that support the relatively same outcome and understanding that there are alot of ways of accomplishing it is kinda the exact opposite.
>>
File: timthumb.png (118KB, 340x267px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.png
118KB, 340x267px
>2017
>Not knowing how to prepare dank vegan meals

I swear half the time i ask myself "how the fuck did i stop eating animal products" Because i can literally replicate everything i used to eat. Except bacon, but bacon literally smells like piss to me now. so i could care less. Newman Os for life
>>
And also, eating animals isnt a personal choice because it involves a victim. Personal choices dont involve victims.
>>
>>8932656
Why are you spending more on cookies were already vegan?
>>
>>8932656
Oreos are already vegan though.
>>
>>8932705
But they aren't ORGANIC.
>>
>>8932705
>>8932668
honestly cause these acutally taste better, oreos actually kind of taste weird to me. also paul newman is the homie
>>
>>8924840
Pretty much. That one fuck who refuses to give up his sausage egg and cheese sandwiches but also won't procreate is doing more good for the environment and society than a sanctimonious vegan who converts 10 people but has one or more children.

I let every vegan fuckwad with kids that try to convert me know this. It's one of the only things they can't factually refute. The others being either some extremely rare and abnormal medical condition or simply telling them you don't give a shit about suffering.

I've seen the more SJW vegans be okay with eating animals if you're non-white and tell them it's ingrained in your culture, lel.
>>
>>8932668
Veganism is a game of overpaying for brand labels and patting yourself on the back for it. Ovo-lacto jains in india don't give a flying fuck about your moral crusade or your hipster ormemeic brands you tell yourself are better for "the environment".
>>
>>8928233
>You can't have family of a different species

The vegan speciesist, fucking rich.
>>
>>8932872
>one or more children.

But you need at least two per family to keep a population stable.
>>
>>8928233
>The bible

>The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 2 “Tell the Israelites: These are the animals you can eat: 3 If an animal has hooves that are split into two parts, and if that animal also chews the cud, then you may eat the meat from that animal.
>>
>>8932886
In reality the only way to keep man from destroying nature is extincting man. All else is an prim wank by deluded Ted Kaczynski copycats.
>>
Okay, explain to me how the higher standard thing works. Animals are obviously inferior to humans and they don't care one bit about their environment, just about their survival and the propagation of their species (google any invasive specie like American crayfish in England, just about anything not native to Straya in Straya). What is more, there are species like the panda that would've been extinct on their own were it not for human intervention. Why should we go out of our way to preserve a fake equilibrium? We are actively trying to stop the one immutable force in the universe - entropy.

Please, don't start about environmental damage or the cruelty present in industrial level farming. I'm talking about the principle behind not causing suffering and pain to animals that wouldn't even blink if they were presented with the choice of killing a human being and would be sucking out the marrow from our bones seconds later. Remember, there are environmentally and humane ways to go about meat and dairy. I want to know why am I supposed to artificially preserve an arbitrary state in our ecosystem? Why should I throttle scientific progress for the sake of the bunnies when the bunnies aren't the one who're going to deflect the asteroid heading for a collision course with earth or bring our civilization to the final frontier.
>>
>>8932907
About animal experimentation. I think that might serve a worthwhile purpose, in certain areas (not testing shampoo hopefully). Do you agree that killing animals for food is still something we should avoid?

There might be environmentally friendly ways to produce meat and dairy, but (for meat) I don't know how anyone can claim an instant death is "humane" simply because it is the least inhumane way to go about it.
>>
>>8924846
>Being vegan is better for everyone
At the moment, maybe. I feel pretty bad without consuming some animal products though. Vegan products don't give me enough calories, or upset my stomach.

Being vegan is going to a pointless outdated thing when cultured animal products are widely available though.
>>
>>8927036
That's caring for your healt. Not eating processed meat products on a daily basis is a good choice, totally withdrawing from animal nutrients is fucking stupid. Eggs are fucking healthy compared to processed meat or vegan substitues.
>>
>>8927036
>all vegetarians are in it for muh moral crusade

You know this is why everyone in the world who isn't a vegan hates vegans, right?
>>
>>8927036
>Vegetarians, though, they're okay with chick slurry and calf theft as long as they can't TASTE the bodies.
Are you vegan? This kind of talk usually turns people away from attempting to help animals more. I know multiple people who continued eating meat after being turned off by extreme vegans.

Most vegetarians AREN'T okay with chick slurry and calf theft, but still try to reduce the impact they have on animals. If you can't see that and continue saying things like this, it makes it seem more like you want to attack people more than help animals.
>>
>>8932956
Veganism is trust fund babbies pretending they're doing fuck all in their wondrous first world utopian lifestyle built on the suffering of countless billions by supporting this one CRUELTY-FREE brand that costs triple what the "cruel" brand does. The ones that don't end up being /pol/ (c-c-cuz muh hitler liked animuls right? Right?!?!) end up being insane totalitarian greenies.

None of them are right in the head. They cease to be vegan when they moderate their viewpoints to anything outside batshit insanity. The ones that don't go on to be terrorists, that is.
>>
>>8932962
I prefer to think of them as people who think they're doing the right thing, but don't realize they're mainly using it as an excuse to attack other people or get attention for themselves.

It's why I support cultured animal products, since that would most likely win over more vegans than just calling them mentally ill or something.
>>
>>8930272
>unironically cites vegan propaganda site with zero evidence for its claims
>>
>>8932659
animals have no moral standing
>>
>>8932987
Wait, who is against cultured animal products?
>>
>>8932940
all animals that have ever existed are destined to feed something else. whether that something is us or a pack of wolves or just bacteria and fungi is completely morally irrelevant. that cow, by virtue of being born, is also going to die, and a captive bolt gun is vastly preferable fate to being eaten by predators or starving to death in its old age
and before you ask, there are many many fewer large mammals in the world than there were before humans and our companion animals took over. both the net number of animal deaths and their average suffering level are decreased by our rulership of this earth
>>
>>8928125
Please do not reddit space. Most post do not look like yours for a good reason.
>>
>>8933027
Some vegans are, and omnivores too. Vegans will say they no longer see meat as food, and omnivores will say it's unnatural.

I just try to show people how awesome I think it is.
>>
>>8933280
Also, I've seen more vegetarians be accepting of cultured meat. Perhaps because they try to reduce animal suffering without becoming too extreme, so they're more open to new ideas, whereas vegans and omnivores are more likely to strongly hold onto their views.
>>
>>8932886
There are too many humans to stabilize right now. Drop back to ~500 million, THEN the vegans can have their gluten-free, soy-free biodynamic activated cake and eat it, too.
>>
File: 97411109.jpg (41KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
97411109.jpg
41KB, 594x396px
>>8933640
Wait are you actually arguing that warehouses full of shitting pissing animals are more efficient than just feeding actual crops directly to people? Please go back to your evangelical home school parents and demand a refund on your vouchers.
>>
I only came here for the falukorv madness.
>>
>>8932947

Being vegan is difficult in a culture where vegan dishes aren't the norm. It's easier to be vegetarian or vegan in non-Western countries because those people have to learn how to make good vegetable dishes when lots of meat isn't always readily available.
>>
>>8931308
Not a vegan myself but I find quinoa to be a poor source of protein, mainly the amount of protein per serving. Beans are a slightly better choice but not quite there yet ether. That being said tofu is pretty good when cooked right and has a lot of protein.

I still feel vegans conflate the health issues that come with the excessive consumption of red Meat and the general over consumption of animal products to mean meat is bad in general. Which is false, Asian diets which are lower in animal products and very low in red meat produce similar health results to vegan diets.
>>
>>8932889
Theres a reason nobody follows those laws anymore. Its from the same book that tells us to kill gays and nonbelievers, wear single cloth robes, woman must be silent etc. Leviticus was a fucked section of the OT and only applies to a single tribe.
>>
>>8933823
Maybe not false.. if less meat is better, it doesn't completely rule out zero meat being best. There aren't many (or any) long term studies on it though.
>>
>>8933654
I'm arguing that efficiency is for robots. It'd be better to have fewer humans living better lives than to have more humans who have to live like the animals they can't eat anymore because MUH EFFICIENCY.
>>
File: 1337315521567.jpg (58KB, 630x460px) Image search: [Google]
1337315521567.jpg
58KB, 630x460px
I value plant life above animal life.
>>
>>8933654
>Vegan has no idea how raising animals or livestock work

Color me shocked. Do you really think farmers are buying Quaker oats, Green Giant corn and Flour wheat and pouring them into the trough? Its almost all by products that we cant digest ourselves. Working in a mill we tested wheat when it came in for starch and sugar content, moisture, contaminants etc and when the wheat failed for whatever reason (except Vom, a toxic fungus that makes your wheat worthless) it was straight to anyone who would buy their garbage wheat as feed. This doesn't even get into why we have pastures, or the feed/gain ratio for other, cheaper meats like pork or chicken. If you dont like factory farming dont eat fast food. People eating more local meats would do worlds more for the environment than dropping meat all together.
>>
>>8933892
damn well based on that statement if it came down to it and you were about to get in a car crash youd swerve towards the dog instead of the patch of grass? right? if you value plant life more youd let the grass stay 'safe'
>>
never been vegan or vegetarian, i think it's stupid. we're omnivores.

grew up on a farm raising chickens, pigs, goats, cows, and various crops. currently own the farm today.

farm raised animals > store bought meat
>>
>>8932940
Do you agree that eating vegetables that don't really want to be eaten (proven some react negatively to being eaten) or the parts of them that aren't actually meant to be eaten by animals for the purpose of them shitting the seeds? Do you plant all the seeds from vegetables you eat? If not, what makes you think causing pain to flora is better than causing pain to fauna? Also instant death and death during incapacitation supposedly cause no pain, so it's even more humane.

Remember, sentience and sapience are two different things. You are still causing pain even if the subject isn't sapient.

Finally, at the end of the day, the B12 meme isn't a meme, so it's beyond me how someone can claim we're not supposed to eat meat. Yes, you can supplement it, but we're back to the whole thing about an arbitrary point in time in which we decide this is the equilibrium we must preserve going forward.
>>
>>8924840
So you retards won't reproduce? Good it would be a nightmare seeing a baby being fed soy cause breast milk in cruel.
>>
>>8931331
DON'T PUT RAW FISH NEXT TO VEGGIES!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8934063
Not everyone can live on a farm brohams. Thought farm fresh food is best food as i find. Nothing like an omelette from eggs straight from a chickens cloaca.
>>
I live right near purdue chicken farms and this thread reminded me how cheap I can get it. Just bought 5 lbs of chicken breast(I know, i'm on a diet) for 7.50 and I'm gonna slow cook these bad boys for sandwiches.
>>
>>8924851
By what measure?
>>
>>8927008
Nobody fucking climbs Everest without something to prove, don't be retarded. It's just you think veganism is retarded so this headline ticked you. It's dumb, but it's fine. Don't try making some sort of retarded justification for it.
>>
>>8927050
I never understood how people could conceptually accept the wide reaching effects of invasive species on indigenous life and the ecosystem, but are incapable of extending that understanding to a global scale for a species as expansionist android resource consuming as humans
>>
>>8933790
Vegan dishes aren't really the norm anywhere, except maybe in India, and even there most people still eat meat or dairy.

Animal products have always been highly valued in most cultures for the high quality protein and large number of calories they provide, since having a constant food supply was usually an issue.

Vegan food was something born from scarcity, or religious reasons most of the time.

It's not that hard to find vegetarian options at most restaurants. I've seen more and more vegan restaurants too, but I don't think vegan food will ever be the norm for multiple reasons, you'll probably see more cultured animal product restaurants overtaking vegan restaurants in the future.
>>
>>8934421
It's perdue, not purdue, and perdue chicken is fucking nasty

Polyface farms or GTFO
>>
That is the most god tier sandich op omg that russian veal bologna n black bbredsa make me nut
>>
>>8933848
Ah yes, since westerners are eating to much and are suffering from over nutrition, maybe instead of eating less, eating nothing would be the best option.

The DASH diet is considered the best overall diet by professionals and asks people to eat less animal products, and more grains. So far it's as effective as the vegan diet when it comes to reducing heart disease and other health risks.
>>
File: MP.png (236KB, 1904x939px) Image search: [Google]
MP.png
236KB, 1904x939px
>>8924866
>>8925014

>When you try to do some crazy shit to prove you are just the same when your lifestyle is funky, but are too weak from eating leaves all day and die because you went against your natural biology of being an omnivore.

Lel.

>>8924852

Talk to China and third world hell holes who's rivers and lakes are so choke full of diseases, parasites, bottles, plastic, industrial dumping, human waste and garbage that it becomes more of a industrial and garbage dump land fill, than an actual natural water source.

>Murican's are so evil to the environment

Texas building huge solar fields.

Out farther west, more solar panel fields being built.

Mid-west has built and continues to build huge wind turbine farms on actual farmable land.

Quite common in the south and mid-west to see solar panels on top of houses.

Logging companies using replanting techniques to harvest and regrow back the trees they cut down.

Nuclear energy is safer and less of a carbon foot print than gas or coal, but..

>Muh' nuclear waste material

Even though they use a decent portion of the waste material in other products, including some medical devices.

Here's something you should be bitching about instead, in the mid-west, real estate corporations are buying up farm land and converting it into fucking suburbs, the literal bread belt of the US, aka. all that plant based extra food we send to those dying morons across the world. (Pic. relevant)

Virtue signalling forever from activists and progressives.
>>
>>8935377
>reddit spacing
>>
File: 1488687649197.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488687649197.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>8935383

I wasn't aware reddit spaced their shit, since I'm not from there.

But, nice implication none the less.
>>
>>8925360
>Human nature
>Eating animals

Sorry to break it to you faggot but I have never seen a human in nature eating animals. Humans are domesticated and have become degenerate as a result.

Humans eating in nature is common considering a bananna, coconut, berries, dates, ect all are commonly eaten raw and in a realistic sense.

>Humans are not born with the ability to digest meat.
>>
>>8935377
>(you) own screencap
>>
File: 1483265179187-3.png (60KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1483265179187-3.png
60KB, 255x191px
If you meat eaters love meat so much consider this:
>You likely own less land than you need to sustain yourself
>You likely haven't lived an entire day since the 90's only eating organic food
>You have to be stupid to think your lifestyle is sustainable when you consider the amount of resources that cows alone consume
>If you have any heart at all you would consider the environmental impact and health implications brought about by the plight of subsidized animal farms

Udder puss guzzling, meat in mouth, meat down throat, fuckingsuckinggargleingfaggots.

Lame ass motherfuckers keep this bull shit up and then once everything is fucked will look to those who upheld a higher standard for themselves and our environment like, ''why didn't you stop us''?

This is why. You drink, you smoke, you eat disgusting foods, you buy Chineese products, you douse your body with chemicals(mouthwash,toothpaste,deodorant,shampoo,tap water, gum, ect....)

After all of those things add up you wonder why you feel tired every morning. You wonder why your farts smell like a fucking rotten mouse in the walls, you have nothing to offer anyone other than a simple minded perspective, you sold yourself short.

YOU SOLD YOURSELVES SHORT, AGAIN...

Nobody is going to serve you a deal, NOBODY.
You have failed again, and again, to feed, clothe, and defend yourselves from slavery. You fucked up. You are a fucking winner who has lost sight of the goal.

Independence requires vigilance but you are drugged by fluoride, drunk, distracted, and worst of all in poor health. For what? You wanted to be frugal? You wanted to save a fucking dollar or two?? How about you feed yourself. Make your own place in the world where your environmental loop is your own? Oh shit I forgot you don't have enough money to operate on that basic level of serving yourself so you will just continue to slave away for the billionaires and trillionaires who poison you for a profit and steal OUR resources.
SLAVERY in USA and China.
>>
>>8934040
Yes, you're right. Why does a dog's life have more value than grass?
>>
File: 1440832875700.jpg (139KB, 655x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440832875700.jpg
139KB, 655x1024px
>>8935534

Nice copypasta
>>
>>8924852
eat bacon you fucking faggot. its good
>>
>>8933892
well you must never eat meat then considering the animals have to eat 10 times the plant matter to produce the meat you eat.
>>
>>8924852
in response "I LIKE PORK"
>>
>>8935491
>I have never seen a human in nature eating animals.

And you wonder why he called vegans mentally deficient?
>>
>>8924831
perhaps because their blond hair has seeped into their brain
>>
>>8928090
In my experience I have found outside of some initial suprise and curiosity people generally don't hate or dislike people that practice veganism, the animosity is aimed at people that treat veganism like a religion and generally act like extremists about it (vegan gains).
If you just don't want to eat animal products I take no issue with it, I may have some questions but I'm not bothered by it.
>>
File: 69345184238.jpg (194KB, 655x368px) Image search: [Google]
69345184238.jpg
194KB, 655x368px
I used to be a vegetarian for five years and it was the worst five years of my life My mother used to cook "meat replacements" and all the vitamins I needed except for the vitamins you can only find in real meat. After a year I began to feel deppresive, less energetic, couldn't hold out in sports anymore and devoid of any sexual desire (I was in puberty). Overall I was pretty damn miserable.

I can't imagine vegans being healthy
>>
>>8931411
>MUH ETHIKS
>unsustainable
Cattle ranching is not all meat.
Beef? yeah beef is both expensive and destructive to the enviroment and red meat in abundance is bad for your health, however not all meat is red meat and not all meat production is cattle ranching with that knoweldge in mind pretty much every vegan argument falls to pieces.
Because say chicken farming isn't leading to deforestation, fucking insect farming isn't expensive, fish isn't unhealthy. Vegans project the issues with beef unto all meat and it's production.
Not to mention that even if they were right and all meat had the problems with the beef industry that only takes you as far as vegetarianism when it comes to non meat animal products that have to invent hyperbolic bullshit to justify their issues with them.
> As for people saying humans are more important then animals you are fucking retarded, no being has any importance
I don't see any lions putting gazelles lives over their own.
Humans are animals while we cannot claim any kind of objective importance we have over other animals we can as humans state our preference for our own species and our survival and comfort over the lives of other species, humans by nature care about human lives above all else.
>There is absolutely no justifying factory farms, plain and simple
Then why not take that up with third world countries were that is actually a thing rather than preach to the choir?
>>
>>8937730
Only that vegans are oiverall the most healthy in basically any study (despite some obvious problems, speaking comparatively here). Especially depression is usually lower. Blame your mother for cooking shit, not vegetarianism.
>>
File: IMG_0862.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>8937751
lol you could just exercise moderation with a normal diet and receive the same Health benefits

Vegans literally have no leg to stand on. It's funny watching their "movement" crumble and I thank them every day for lowering the meat prices
>>
>>8937776
That's not how health works and you completely missed the point.
>>
>>8937779
lol don't get so mad buddy
>>
>>8937785
l o l
o
l

I assume you're still underage, maybe facebook is more your thing. Go away.
>>
>>8937751
My mother may not be a top chef but woman knows how to cook for her family. Vegetarianism just doesn't work for everyone.
>>
File: Cowspiracy-Infographic.png (2MB, 1932x5264px) Image search: [Google]
Cowspiracy-Infographic.png
2MB, 1932x5264px
>>8924831
>Why ? I can understand someone is vegetarian but I can't understand why would somebody could fall for the vegan meme
>Not bait, I am legitimately asking

Because we either choose to survive or don't, the animal agriculture industry is literally the main cause for our environmental death

http://www.reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/beginnersguide
>>/news/132580
>>>/sci/8902840
>>
>>8937751
This is false though. Vegans have a higher rate of mental illness than meat eaters.
>>
>>8937730
>testimony = random sample of size 1

>>8937751
>citation needed

>>8937836
>citation needed
>>
File: xkcnGzT_d(2).jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
xkcnGzT_d(2).jpg
41KB, 640x640px
>>8937776
Lol no anon, actually plant based food products are way cheaper, consider the following:
Since the closest animal food vs plant food pair is pork and rice, lol not even the bitcoin is near to reach a 550% volatility.
>>
>>8937869
>implying rice, soybeans, wheat, and corn are acceptable replacements for beef, lamb, chicken, or pork
>>
File: 1458075786297.jpg (56KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
1458075786297.jpg
56KB, 736x952px
>>8937803
>Animal agriculture is the most destructive industry on earth
>Only uses cows as an example
GEE I WONDER WHY?
>>
>>8937849
Look at any population study, vegans have generally the lowest BMI, the best cholesterol and blood pressure values and a higher life expectancy. God you faggots wil scream "CITATIONS" at anything even if it's common sense and the scientific consensus.
>>
File: PfDn1Yc_d.jpg (72KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
PfDn1Yc_d.jpg
72KB, 640x853px
>>8937849
Vegans can be as much as healthier and even healthier
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24871675

>>8937872
Of course they can, see pic related is just up to you to decide wether you want it or not
>protip: just acknowledge that we now need to be vegetarian at least if we want to survive as a species in a long term future, which requires our cooperation
>>
>>8937884

speaking of "Common sense", why do some people believe that eliminating an entire classification of food from their diet makes sense?

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have a broader range of foods to choose from to optimize your nutrition?
>>
>>8937884
It's almost like vegans are the sort of people that pay attention to their diets and exercise.
So how do they compare to health conscious meat eating people that regularly exercise?
You weren't simply comparing vegans to fat non vegans were you?
>>
>>8937883
no one eats insects you autist
>>
File: pumpkin seeds.jpg (49KB, 230x367px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkin seeds.jpg
49KB, 230x367px
>>8937887
>32g of protein in 3.5 oz of pumpkin seeds
I'm calling bullshit on that
>>
>>8937901
Only billions of people living in asia and africa.
>>
>>8937883
Of course, if the main source of income for the animal based food industry was, say for example crickets, we would have a different reality. The thing is that currently the entire animal based food industry is focusely on barn animals, which happens to be a very dangerous for the environment (which in turns implies our safety). In fact crickets could be a reasonable solution yet it is highly unfeasible (because it means you'll need machinery and knowledge to extract food for them) in comparison to just stopping to eat animal based products (because it can be decided at will and has an instantaneous effect), plus you may save some sentient lives in the process.
>>
>>8937905
Might want to check your math there, anon.
>>
>>8937905
I'm calling on seeing is believing
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list?qlookup=pumpkin+seeds
>>
>>8929442
a slice of bread between two pieces of mortadella
>>
>>8937917
^this
Go vegan and you might increase your focus
>>
>>8937888
Yeah I don't think it is the very best diet for health either, I occasionally eat meat and dairy too. There is no word for that though, I guess "plant-centered diet" works but that just sounds vague and bullshit.

>>8937889
Ah that age old "argument". Problem is you basically can't research that. Also I'm very sure most of the time the vegans didn't exercise significantly more but I won't look all of it up again, you can do that too.

Now I wonder if there's a scientific comparison between the general vegan and the DASH-diet.
>>
>>8937888
>Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have a broader range of foods to choose from to optimize your nutrition?

In world war 2 there was amathematic field solely created for optimization, it is called operations research. Linear programming a subfield of operations research solved what was called the "diet problem". Which finds the optimal diet constrained on costs, availability, etc. Now the wonders of human knowledge can be summarized in such friendly applications like this one
>eatthismuch.com

Now go find your optimal diet as a vegan.
>>
>>8937909
>citation...
>>
File: mCaSzs2_d.jpg (48KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
mCaSzs2_d.jpg
48KB, 610x343px
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>8937997
>Implying californians are capable of basic thought
If ever there deserved to be a state destroyed
>>
>>8938004
>I don't like this therefore it should be destroyed
>I didn't even made a basic internet search to see why anon claim is right
More like you seem to be a subhuman brainlet unable to understand beyond your intellectual scope
>>
>>8937951
this is godtier
>>
>>8938019
Enjoy your drought you kale munching twat
>>
>>8938037
Thank you I will soon
>>
VEGAN IS LOVE
E
G
A
N

I
S

L
I
F
E
>>
>>8937924
Well i believe that chart intentionally has false numbers since the resource you posted says the same thing. 3.5 oz of pumpkin seeds has only 17.5 grams of protein.
>>
>>8938074
I have pumpkin seeds right here, it says 100g have 35g protein. Even more than on that chart anon posted. God tier snack and usable in a huge variety of meals.
>>
>>8938074
Broad your sample to more than one brand and compute the mean value, post results
>>
File: images-7.jpg (7KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
7KB, 279x180px
>>8937997
>fracking
>I dinnit do nuffin' to water
>>
File: Iukcm6C_d.jpg (69KB, 589x600px) Image search: [Google]
Iukcm6C_d.jpg
69KB, 589x600px
>>8938114
>Really makes you think...
WRONG

/pol/ here, vegan is the ultimate redpoll also
Citation needed
>>
>>8938114
>>8938127
Both of you fuck off to your containment board.
>>
>>8938126
Fracking is harmful, is just that animal agriculture is more and can be solved easier
>>
>>8938134
whatever, /pol/ is not just antisemitic neonazis wannabes
>>
>>8938127
>Taste
>Tofu: 0%
>Egg: 100%
>>
>>8938135
>Fracking is less harmful to water supplies than letting cows drink it
Do you realize how insane you are?
>>
>>8938146
>Taste
>Objective
>>
>>8938157
Its not the cows drinking it, but literally the shit, blood and body fluids with superengineered pathogens due to their excessive antibiotic intake that render water unusable and even kills a lot of marine species, not to say undrinkable, that then needs to be cleared in a humongous rate when compared to that of fracking.
>>
>>8938146
>implying we don't like tofu
>just implying we're like you
>>
File: baitlyn.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
baitlyn.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
Nothing makes people angrier than when they find out you don't murder animals.
>>
If you're anti-social you might as well because then you wont fuck up BBQs
>>
>>8938219
Yes, sadly it happens and it is called cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>8927014
never post this video again
>>
>>8938181
>concerned about water supplies from animals
>strict regulations governing non leachable lagoons to treat animal waste on large farms

You should be far more concerned about the runoff of petroleum based fertilizers hebicides and insecticides into ground water. That's a much bigger issue than animal waste runoff which is extremely tightly controlled and inspected. But that concerns muh precious vegetables so we'll ignore that.
>>
>>8937917
What is 5*3.5 anon?
Is it 32?
I don't think it is
>>
>>8937913
Nobody is clearing forests to feed chickens either though.
Every economic or environmental argument for veganism falls apart when you stop talking about beef.
>>
>>8937946
>Ah that age old "argument". Problem is you basically can't research that. Also I'm very sure most of the time the vegans didn't exercise significantly more but I won't look all of it up again, you can do that too.
If you can't research it why claim that vegans are healthier then?
>>
>>8938064
>Literally the most edgy militant people this side of islam
>>
>meat is so gross! Bloodmouth carnists are disgusting
>frantically try to make your food look, smell, and taste exactly like meat.

Kek.
>>
>>8924831
Meat eater here, Vegan is the datum if you want to follow that path, vegetarians are simply wasting their times and to be honest thier breath everytime they feal they need to pipe up about animal welfare.

Either do it without animals or fuck off.
>>
>>8938330
Because there is no data on it and from the research we have so far the vegan diet wins. Once there is more/better data I'll be happy to correct myself. As I said in that post I'm not strictly vegan myself.
>>
File: 1483802524887.png (2MB, 1076x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1483802524887.png
2MB, 1076x1078px
>>8938373
you're a hippo-crate then and a boring bitch at that too
>>
>>8938385
And you are too stupid to understand how science works.
>>
>>8938335
>Literally the most edgy militant people this side of evangelical christians

ftfy
>>
>>8938373
>>8938330
There is data, this
>>8937887
is one of the most important metastudies ever done
Literally about enough to copypaste it
>>
>>8938352
This, at least this is honest
>>
>>8938348
that's like the Linux users trying to make their desktop environments as close to windows, is intented to attract meat eaters, but not what a common vegan does anyway
>>
>>8938397
>calling out people who disagree
>i'm a vegi
>Happy drinking milk , eating cheese and wearing the products of Animals

I'm a meat eater but your logic is fucking retarded, i know science as it's my job but you're just a fat ugly bitch. Prove me wrong and post yourself, i'm here all night.
>>
>>8938325
>I'll post an unverified claim
>since I believe that unverified claim is true
>therefore every argument is wrong
Yeah might as well fuck logic anon
>>
>>8938420
>The strength of this review is its focus on only prospective studies of vegetarian Adventists
>Since this review is limited to the Adventist cohorts, the findings may not be fully generalizable to other vegetarians with different lifestyles
>The studies in our review did not directly compare vegans with lacto-ovo-vegetarians
>Relative small sample size within the vegan groups may limit our conclusions.
>The research on the health effects of vegan diets and chronic diseases have mostly derived from observational studies of Adventist and Oxford vegetarians cohorts.

By no means is that a complete study that "proves" veganism to be the healthiest diet.

>>8938436
Your shitty ad hominem just further proves your stupidity. Please finish secondary eduction first before you attempt to take part in discussions about nutrition.
>>
>>8938444
>secondary eduction
Britfag detected, post teeth and tits.
>>
>>8938444
Not the healthiest, but as much as healthy than an omnivorous diet, still it may lack B12 vitamin since most plant-based "B12" sources are analog sources, like spirunolactin.

But because being vegan and buying occasionally a vitamin B complex is cheaper, practical (you can directly eat raw sources of food) and way more ecological, provided that you're eating balanced, then a vegan diet might be better than an omnivorous diet.
>>
>>8938325
Anon an ovo farm produces for a human being (yearly) at least 3 times the land of what you can do with 1 vegetable ground that produces the same for a human being (yearly).
>>
File: condor.jpg (70KB, 580x464px) Image search: [Google]
condor.jpg
70KB, 580x464px
>>8938444
>Please finish secondary eduction first before you attempt to take part in discussions about nutrition

didn't post about nutrition simply posted about life choices

>Raging lesbian loses her shit

This is an Anonymous imageboard and a shit one at that, this is the food and cooking board of said shit imageboard. I think it's you who needs to go back to school if you think this is a serious Medium.
>>
>>8938463
Yeah that's what I mean, so far we have good evidence that between an omnivorous, any vegetarian and a vegan diet the latter is the best. However I would want a good study that compares the top vegan group

(focused on a variety of fruits/vegetables, spices and herbs, no processed junk, no sweets, rather low in grain products) and a diet that's almost the same but allows good meat/dairy (grass-fed from local farms) every once in a while.

Kinda like the DASH-diet but more strict. That's why I wondered if there already is a study about that. Gonna look that up now. It would also lessen the burden of supplements, B12, omega-3s (K2, iodine, zinc, calcium, iron etc).

If there was "the perfect diet" we'd know about it. You could say human breast milk but how likely is it we'll ever actually consider that.
>>
>>8938512
Internet is serious business, I do take this site seriously because it allows the freedom to post whatever you want to say (as long as it isn't illegal). Vegan is objectively the closest way to an ultimate diet because of the shitload of evidence in favor.
>>
>>8924831
Because a vegan diet is awesome man!

Just grabed 5 secs of willpower and never looked back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSLU0NAJ6g
>>
File: crime-and-punishment.jpg (32KB, 306x475px) Image search: [Google]
crime-and-punishment.jpg
32KB, 306x475px
>>8938565
>Internet is serious business
> I do take this site seriously because it allows the freedom to post whatever you want to say

Are you fucking trolling me?
>>
>>8938621
Can you shitpost on reddit or facebook instead?
>>
>>8927072
Underated post
>>
>>8938625
Yeh, i'll see you there whats your username?
>>
>>8927894
>testimony on and anonymous board
>only a fool would take it as a truth
>>
>>8938621
The freedom of speech allows to a far greater exchange of ideas which ultimately lead to a better conclusion in a collective consensus, whereas in a censored or tabooed context it has an inherent intellectual bubble.
>>
File: Ross.jpg (47KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
Ross.jpg
47KB, 240x260px
>>8938645
Newfag then.
>>
>>8938652
Just as expected from a nu-anon, can't understand shit, call anon a newfag...
>>
File: aphex-twin.jpg (32KB, 212x289px) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin.jpg
32KB, 212x289px
>>8938645
Are you drunk?
>>
>>8938652
>>8938670
>>>/b/
>>>/s4s/
>>
File: hahaBarnsley.jpg (11KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
hahaBarnsley.jpg
11KB, 238x212px
>>8938669
>nu-anon

Please stop, it's fucking embarrasing.
>>
File: columbo-scratching-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
columbo-scratching-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8938669
>call anon a newfag...
>>
>>8938670
No lol I'm just an anon that loves to argue in order to learn stuff, if I'm wrong just reject my argument straight forward without the hassle of shitposting
>>
>>8938693
>No lol I'm just an anon that loves to argue in order to learn stuff, if I'm wrong just reject my argument straight forward without the hassle of shitposting

>lol
>anon
>in order to learn stuff
>if I'm wrong
>just reject my argument
>hassle of shitposting

I don't know where to begin so i won't.

Lurk more - https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Main_Page
>>
>>8938726
>I'm too unable to structure my thoughts so I won't
Okay then
>>
>>8924831
Vegan food is tasty for the most part
Carbs, fat, sugar it's all there too just in different forms
It's another story for the health conscious vegans who eat a whole plants diet, but considering that tastebuds adapt to your diet they probably enjoy their meal as well
Cooking isn't that much harder or inconvenient either, same for looking for ingredients

All diets have their positives and negatives
You're free to choose which is more appropriate for you though most people simply stick with whatever they grew up with so when someone actively changes it it raises questions.
For most diets those questions are easily answered, but for a vegan diet it nearly always end up in pointless arguments and debates mostly because veganism challenges all the other diets without acknowledging their positives

I went vegan because I was never fond of meat and I tend to overeat dairy and eggs so by cutting them out completely I am able to eat until I'm full without gaining weight
>>
>>8938693
Stop giving that retard his (You)s.
>>
>>8934573
i don't see jiraffe city, do you anon?

what can they do? get to the tall branches?

well we can use a fucking ladder so we can get to them while not looking retarded
>>
>>8938732
i was replying to a troll you moron
>>
File: t3_572t2s.jpg (62KB, 540x888px) Image search: [Google]
t3_572t2s.jpg
62KB, 540x888px
>>8938751
>>
>>8938734
i cannot stop, i am relieved in faster boads when it 404's so i can go to bed.
>>
>>8938761
>Lol it was just a ruse, I was trolling a troll!
>>
>>8938761
Do or do not, there is no try
>>
>>8938779
i wasn't a troll though, so this makes no sense.
>>
>>8938778
Yeah this thread actually was interesting enough, I guess you can always soemthing new
>>
As long as vegans don't try to convince me to be vegan too, I'm okay with them.
>>
>>8938787
you failed to give a proper comeback tho
>>
>>8938802
Also i don't mind watching niggers fuck my girlfriend
>>
>>8938804
>the rules of 4chan

you really need to fucking stop, it's not even summer!
>>
>>8938652
>>8938670
>>8938678
>>8938809
>>8938726

>trolling outside /b/
>>
>>8938820
no i mean anon had a point and you didn't gave a proper comeback, whatever
>>
A vegan bait thread gets over 300 replies. Surprise, surprise!
>>
>>8938833
>bait
You did read the whole thread right?
>>
>>8938826
>anon

i replied appropriate to the newfriend post.
>>
>>8938823
>coming straight from /b/ and not realising every board is a clusterfuck of shitposting
>not knowing about Canada or Austraila

How new are you?
>>
>>8938833
>anon asks why go vegan?
>anons answer the question in parallel with different sources of evidence
>HURR DURR STOP FORCING YOUR VIEWS

>mfw unrelated people come to this thread
>>
File: t3_492id5.jpg (146KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
t3_492id5.jpg
146KB, 960x960px
>>8938858
Welcome to /ck/
>>
>>8938858
>i'm not related to this post

?
>>
>>8938863
you're related to this picture
>>8938862
>>
>>8938862
>vegansidekick.com

the fucking irony.
>>
>>8938857
>accepting shitposting
>>
>>8938857
I'm Canadian and I do not endorse shitposting
>>
File: back-of-the-net-o.gif (847KB, 224x138px) Image search: [Google]
back-of-the-net-o.gif
847KB, 224x138px
>>8938867
see
>>8938876

You can never stop telling people who don't give a shit.

Protip: i've never told anyone apart from the wife and my mother, people think i'm normal and don't judge my life.
>>
>>8938897
kek
>>
>>8924831
I wouldnt mind being vegan because if done correctly it is very good for you, but I feel it puts a burden on others who cook for you so I will never be completely vegan.
>>
>>8938933
I guess you're right, when I started my family tossed more food because they made more meat bases stuff, then they just learn that it is more practical and quick since you can eat raw stuff like salads or something done in the food processor
>>
>>8938879
>accepting shitposting

???

what's that even mean?
>>
>>8939120
To accept shitposting consciously
>>
>>8939182
you fucking retard
>>
>>8939225
What does asking an even retarded question makes you
>>
>>8939288
>What does asking an even retarded question makes you

This sentence.
>>
I don't understand why people are so obsessed with what other people choose to eat or not eat. Please grow up.
>>
File: drunkenbakers6.jpg (1MB, 2336x3000px) Image search: [Google]
drunkenbakers6.jpg
1MB, 2336x3000px
>>8939488
>Please grow up

Why are people letting their: girlfriends, wifes, mothers, sisters, daughters, aunties, nieces, grandmothers on the internet when they should be tied to the kitchen sink?

If they did this Board would be so much better and not full of McChicken posts.
>>
>>8939555
I'm not expecting an honest answer, just more edgy snark... but I'm curious about your age?
>>
>>8939559
>>
>>8932950
Eggs and diary are neutral for human bodies at best and inferior to plant sources for almost all nutrients with the possible exception of k2.

>vegan substitues
First, simply don't be a faggot and actually mean what you say when you switch to plant based diet instead of replacing every element in your former diet with a shitty imitation. They are a pragmatic solution and all, and some imitations such as the ones found in Buddhist cuisine are actually pretty impressive, but I just can't bring myself to respect so-called vegans who eat NOTHING but fake meat and cheese all day, everyday.

Second, where did you hear that soy based substitutes are less nutritious? Most sources I've come across says they have similar nutritional profiles compared to what they aim to replace.
>>
>>8926969
This guy gets it
>>
>>8926969
>I had one vegan roommate who wasn't a proselytizing asshole about it, who was really, really proud of her cooking, and apparently went to some form of culinary school. In fact, her food was underseasoned, she put curry powder on EVERYTHING "because vegans like spice," and every single dish was essentially stir fried veggies.
Were you perhaps, in a college dorm room setting? If so I don't get why you're singling her out. Most people ate shitty food in college regardless of their diet.
>>
>>8932872
>That one fuck who refuses to give up his sausage egg and cheese sandwiches but also won't procreate is doing more good for the environment and society than a sanctimonious vegan who converts 10 people but has one or more children.
But that's wrong, you fucking retard.
>>
I'm going to be glad when this thread dies so I don't have to see this disgusting smug Jewish fuck on my front page any more.

>same old thread for 8 years
>no guys it's not bait, really

fuck
>>
>>8940753
>he doesn't know how to hide threads
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.