[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweating in the kitchen (HELP)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image-2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image-2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I just got hired as a cook at my local Japanese restaurant. It's always been my dream to cook for a living and now I'm doing. On thing that's bothering me is that fact that I can't stop sweating, any recommendations would help.
>>
Please for give my typos
>>
>>8923943
When you are so tired you type forgive "for give"
>>
>>8923940
Hi OP. Former kitchen manager 8 years exp. Bandanas, cold water, stay hydrated eat lite before shifts and during...the old adage is still if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Oh, and try to take a multivitamin. In my experience you mite take to the booze soon and youll need to replace vitamins lost due to that and never eat rite before bed. Good luck. I dont miss kitchen work. Did it for fifteen years.
>>
>>8924043
Question will cooking for a living kill my passion to make new and better things or will it help it?
>>
>>8924149
If you really love it and get paid to do it, do it. Dont get burned out, i was on two days off every month about 60 hours a week. My restaraunt closed in january and i work at walmart now lol I still love to cook at home and experiment with different stuff more than i used to. Sometimes cookin for the job makes it hard to want to do it at home. Aside from odd eating hours i found myself eating sandwhiches and cereal a lot when at home.
>>
>>8924193
Okay I appreciate the information, I'm going to see how this goes. I can already tell on of the cooks doesn't like me, which is bad.
>>
Your body will get used to it after a few weeks and you will sweat a lot les. Also, remember to stay hydrated.
>>
It seems counter-intuitive to tell someone who is sweating to drink even more water but its actually solid advice. I also sweat a lot and I work with people so it's an issue. I carry ice cold water and paper towels/tissue paper with me.

If its totally unstoppable, you can use sweat absorbing pads under your armpits. If those are not readily available, buy some womens pads and stick them to your t-shirts underarms. Make sure you get the scentless ones though.

Reduce smoking, drink decaf, dont use too much antiperspirant it wont do you much good, lose weight. If it's completely and absolutely out of control, consider visiting a doctor for a checkup and maybe get strong pharmaceutical antiperspirants that you find in pharmacies.

Best of luck anon.
>>
Is it awkward being a white dude cooking among japanese dudes?
>>
I have Hyperhidrosis and work in a hot ass kitchen, so I am always pretty juicy. What the other anons said is just about right, but other than than there really isn't much you can do. Its a kitchen, kitchens are warm.
>>
>>8924219
If you want to be successful in the kitchen, dont try to make friends. Do your job, and do it well than they have to respect you as a competent worker. If coworker doesnt respond friendly to this, that person doesnt want friends anyway. Fuck em. Fired tons of people like that.
>>
>>8925695
None of them are really Japanese, mainly gooks and beaners out back.
>>
>>8925695
Not really it's Japs and Mexicans
>>
I live in Southern Florida and I dont know how the gooks handle it. Little Chinese take-out restaurants without air conditioning the kitchen area must be 120 degrees.
>>
>>8925887
Yea me too, but I love the heat here in south florida. It actually makes the kitchen feel cooler when I walk in from outside.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.