[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immersion Blenders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: immerse.jpg (42KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
immerse.jpg
42KB, 500x372px
Do you guys like immersion blenders?

Are they more silent than normal blenders?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38KB, 262x200px
now what the heck is that? a vibrator for your pudding?
>>
>>8923081
I bet they also have a minimal UI and high-quality surround sound
>>
>>8923081
when i got one of these it changed my life

if you're regularly cooking pretty large/intricate/'fancier' food that requires multiple sauces and purees these things are fantastic

quieter yes by quite a bit but still noisy

so, so easy to clean compared to a blender. i can toss this thing in a pot, go rinse it in 5 seconds and use it again
>>
>>8923089
Well I use mine to make soup that makes me moan.
>>
>>8923081
yes many times more quiet, because the motor is much smaller.

unless you get a large industrial sized immersion blender though, don't expect to chew through everything.

e.g. if you make a smoothie with kale, there will be sizable chunks of kale left over even after minutes of blending.

given that, i'd say they're good for soups, since some chunkiness may be desired, but that's about it.
>>
>>8923211
this, they aren't perfect due to their size

for softer things like tomato sauces, soups, and most purees it's fantastic, but things that are already hard to blend without a fantastic blender will still be hard to blend
>>
>>8923211
>i'd say they're good for soups
i finally got one a few years back and this is really it, though it's a pretty big deal under certain circumstances

i was living alone making not a whole lot of money, so cooking big amounts of cheap stuff and then portioning/freezing for later helped a lot. my apartment kitchen had almost no counter space and the tiniest sinks i've ever seen, so being able to blend soup inside the pot without using a normal blender (which would have taken up a lot of space) or dirty a big bowl was actually quite significant
>>
>>8923081
The Cuisanart blender is like $40 and worth every penny. Just a heads up if you're used to using a commercial immersion blender, the household models have a very annoying two button "lock" system for increased safety.
>>
>>8923354
i've never used an at-home one with a lock system, but if there was ever an appliance in my kitchen that I genuinely think I'd accidentally slice a fingertip off with, over a knife even

you really don't think about the blade end sometimes, especially if you're making multiple things like >>8923097 and rinse it inbetween something and forget to unplug it
>>
>>8923081
If you plan on getting one, buy yourself an 8 cup measuring cup as well. They are the perfect size, have the perfect handle, and the perfect spout for blending a lot of different things. You'll thank me later.
>>
>>8923380
I'm definitely not disagreeing with you and I guarantee Cuisanart would never apologize for the added safety. Just saying, be prepared if you're used to a Robot because that "lock" completely changes the ergonomics of the device.
>>
>>8923459
>but don't use it as much as I thought I would.

Every cooking competition reality show has that shot of someone blending up some amazing sauce on the fly in a plastic deli container. We all think we're going to be that guy at some point. They are very nice to have when you actually need one. Plus, they clean up easily and do not take up much space.
>>
I have one and really like it. I usually only use it for salad dressings and soups.

usual freestyle salad dressing goes something like this.
oil
cheese
cream or yogurt
vinegar
salt
pepper
sometimes fresh herbs

example:
goat cheese
kefir
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt
pepper
maybe some water to get right consistency.
>>
I used mine for making soap
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.