[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burrito

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: food.jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
62KB, 800x450px
Give me your best burrito recipe.
Any kind.
I'll be waiting.
>>
>>8918904
Ingredients: chorizo, potatoes, egg, tortilla obviously (optional: cheese, onion, sour cream, salsa)

>peel and dice a couple small potatoes
>throw into salted water, boil until mostly tender, drain
>heat small amount of oil over medium/medium-high heat
>panfry potatoes until golden on at least one side
>add Mexican chorizo (and onions if you want), separate the chorizo and cook 4 - 5 minutes
>crack 3 or 4 eggs into the pan, stir in with everything and cook a couple minutes more
>spoon onto tortilla, put whatever crap you want on top

wa-la
>>
>>8918904
Sear a hunk of chunked pork shoulder and get good malliard. Rehydrate guajillo, ancho and anaheim peppers. Blend with good quality tomatoes. Saute chopped onion, and chipotle peppers. Add chopped garlic, oregano, cumin and cayenne for last minute. Add blended peppers. Simmer for 2-3 hours. Meanwhile cook your pinto beans that you started soaking 12 hours before. When they're tender, refry in lard and smash. Smear beans on flour tortilla, add shredded braised pork and real cheese of choice (not US plastic). Roll, bake at 350F for 10 minutes and top with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, etc.

Fuck people who think a burrito has rice or potatoes in it. They're hipsters who's only familiarity with a burrito is fagass california.
>>
I like my burritos wrapped in a hard shell
>>
>>8919004
I like the chorizo idea, but everything else, no thanks.
>>8919252
I'm hungry just by reading this.
>refry in lard and smash. Smear beans on flour tortilla
I really like this, I never tried it.
>bake at 350F for 10 minutes
Why do you bake it? I usually leave my tortillas covered so they soften up.
>Fuck people who think a burrito has rice or potatoes in it.
Also this.
>>8919259
So, a taco?
>>
>>8919292
>Why do you bake it?

Yeah, mainly to melt the cheese. Could cover it with foil and it will remain soft. I've done that too, but I'm kind of on a kick lately to make them a bit crispy. Weird, I know.
>>
>>8918904
Google, fucking retard. And all of you are either autists or stupid for responding in any attempted helpful way
>>
>>8919696
>Everything I don't like is autism.

Cool. You showed them.
>>
>>8919696
This is a food and cooking board, it's about food and cooking, which we are talking about, so I don't know who's "either autist or stupid".
>>
>>8918904
The best burrito recipe that I've found is getting into the car and driving to the Mexican restaurant. Why would I spend time and energy to make myself trash food?
>>
>>8919718
It tastes better, and you know what's in it, plus, some people like cooking.
>>
>>8919738
>Tastes better
Subjective.
>Some people like cooking
Not a great argument.
>>
>>8919743
>Not a great argument.
Yes, yes it is.
>Subjective.
That's why i like cooking, I learn more about it, and the food I make gradually gets better.
>>
>>8919757
>Yes, yes it is.
No, it isn't. Adding words doesn't make you more right.
>>
>>8919884
I like cooking, that's why I cook and enjoy the food I make, that's why I like reading recipes, I like talking to people about it and asking them why they do it the way they do.
>>
I use chorizo out of its casing, mince it up in the pan, mix with some diced flank steak, rice, some beans, wrap it up and cover with salsa or pico day guyoh. You could cover it with queso liquid too if that's what you're into then the pico on top of that. I always have a side of tortilla chips to use as scoops for when the filling spills out onto the plate and it's great also.
>>
>>8918904
Walk to the mission. Enter any random taqueria. Attempt to order in embarrassing half garbled spanish. Ask for super burrito with al pastor. Be given burrito with the dimensions of a tank shell. Eat half of burrito on the spot. Feel repulsed by yourself but supremely satisfied. Wrap the rest up in tinfoil and take as many free chips as they will let you and walk home. There may not be many advantages to living in San Francisco but at least the food is good, accessible, and diverse.
>>
Whatever burrito you make fry it. Use either oil or butter and it will taste great.

Wet burritos are pretty awesome too.

A fried wet burrito is even better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.