[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learn me a recipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 780-Brisket-DSC_0424-772x1024.jpg (252KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
780-Brisket-DSC_0424-772x1024.jpg
252KB, 772x1024px
Folks, I've been charged with bringing a side-dish to a pot luck.

The main dish will be a sort of beef brisket and I know there's already a salad dish & some some potato based dish.

This leaves me some kind of vegetable based dish, but I don't want to bring a boring bucket of brusselsprouts.

Any suggestions to keep it complimentary yet interesting ?
>>
Roasted corn on the cob with chile-lime-tequila butter.
>Shuck corn
>mix together a stick of softened, unsalted butter, juice of one large lime or several key limes, salt to taste, pepper, a tablespoon of tequila, and minced serrano chile.
>Rub down each ear of corn with the butter (it's helpful to wear disposable gloves while doing this
>wrap in foil and either grill right before you leave (or you can roast them in the oven), or take along and throw on the host's grill (get permission first, of course).
>>
You can't go wrong with

Man you lucky, I love smoked brisket.
>>
>>8915606
Southern style green beans.
>>
>>8915632

This, I came here to post this OP. It'll go great with the "BBQ/Homestyle" sort of pot luck you are having. There are plenty of different recipes for you to check out. Have fun!
>>
>>8915606
If you want to keep the southern theme going; turnip, mustard or collard greens are a good bet. If the crowd is more of the "eew veggies" type, make collards with hamhocks or bacon.
>>
If you dont want to do veggies a fruit salad with the current season of fruits cant go wrong

Plus its easy/healthy/safe
>>
>>8915606

ignore everything these faggots are saying and make succotash
>>
>>8915606
>artery clogging mac n cheese
>coleslaw
>tomato roughy / caprese salad
>smoked baked beans w/ bacon
>homemade guacamole and chips
>humus and bagel chips
I can add jalapeƱo to any of the above and it makes me happy.
>>
>>8915646
Greens are always nice.
But take your audience into consideration.
A lot of fatties won't eat them.
>>
>>8915653
This is the only correct answer.
An apple cider vinegar based coleslaw would also be ok, but nothing beats the succ.
>>
>birthday in a week
>Been a tough month, had two molars extracted
>poor as shit because
>finally able to eat properly
>Just want smoked brisket for my birthday
>Not even enough money to buy a little charcoal grill
>I guess no smoked brisket this birthday

Oh well. :(
>>
>>8915677
Celebrate it next month.

You're not a child anymore.
>>
>>8915711
I never had a good birthday. I got robbed on my 21st.
>>
Excellent ideas, y'all! I'll have to visit my whole foods and see if there are any sales; have to cook in bulk for the group, now.

>>8915677
Sorry to hear that, anon. I'll take a picture of the brisket if your imagination wants a taste.
>>
>>8915719
It does. Thanks Anon. I'll just make it next month but man it has been too long since I've smoked brisket. Nothin better than soaking wood chips in beer, firing up the smoker, throwing the moderately trimmed brisket on, and then drinking some beer and pass out. Wake up a 6 hours later and just a while longer and I'd have delicious brisket ready. Mmmhmm.
>>
>>8915606
MOTHERFUCKING CORN SON

I also agree with the green bean guy.
>>
>>8915606
No one's going to eat your pathetic side dish when there's brisket involved.

Just bring chips.
>>
>>8915673
I agree. You should make a succ with the following: Corn, Lima Beans, Tomatoes, Okra, and Purple Hulled Peas. Add plenty of butter and some crushed red pepper flakes.
>>
>>8915606
Make a buttery succotash. Delicious and healthy. It's got something for everyone.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.