[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refried Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0389.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>decide to do tacos
>going for the mexican restaurant feel
>brown the beef
>sautee some onions
>taco shells in the oven
>fresh tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream etc
>can of refried beans, pic related
>looks like a can of dogfood
>heat and add a little water
>tastes like slightly more edible version of play-doh
Ok so what is the secret to these things? Or should I steer towards a different style of bean
>>
Add: Seasoning + Hot Sauce.

If you were to mash up some beans yourself you'd get the same kind of taste.
>>
>>8912107
So cook some pinto beans then mash them up then heat again with hot sauce and seasoning. How do you prevent them from getting too pastey?
>>
10-4. Keep adding the water - in increments. You could also add some Olive Oil in small amounts as well.
>>
File: fp.jpg (45KB, 769x428px) Image search: [Google]
fp.jpg
45KB, 769x428px
>taco shells in the oven
>>
Yep - just don't overcook pardner.
>>
>>8912162
>he doesn't even grow his own wheat
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 1200x800px
Simple Bean recipe from a bonafide beaner.

1 mug of dried peruvian beans ( also named canary bean and mayocoba)

Soak overnight. Or add beans to a heat resistant bowl and add boiling water. Allow to soak for 30-40 min.
Get a tall pot. Heat a gallon or two of water untill rolling boil. Add beans and lower temp to lowest setting.

Cook for 2-3hrs until tender. Season with salt in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Eat with regular meal. Once cooled store the beans and water in a cointaner overnight.

Next day. Heat lard in a pan add beans with as little liquid as possible (it will splatter). Mash witha potato masher until desired constancy is achieved. Allow to heat throughly.
>>
>>8912179
>not forming a planet from stardust in earth's orbit and optimizing the soil for farming genetically perfected corn to use for your taco shells
>>
>>8912263
Eww, corn? Lol I bet your a rural or suburban retard! Teehee!
>>
>>8912162
I came here to say this. Fucker, you beat me.
>>
>>8912078
If you are making tacos you are doing everything wrong since no mexican restaurants make middle aged white woman who can't cook hard shelled tacos with refried beans.
>>
>>8914033
>since no mexican restaurants make middle aged white woman who can't cook hard shelled tacos with refried beans.

Try again in spanish, this time. Google translate from spanish to english will at least make it coherent.
>>
>>8914083
Since no mexican resturants make middle aged white woman who can't cook hard shelled tacos with refried beans. Middle aged white woman who can't cook hard shelled tacos with refried beans, is a type of taco its made by I'm sure you can guess who.
>>
>>8912162
>>8912267
B-b-but that's what the instructions on the box say to do
>>
>>8914094
>instructions on the box

You already fucked up by buying boxed hard shells in the first place.

Tacos are supposed to be soft.

If you want the crunchy ones you buy soft corn tortillas and deep-fry them to make them crisp.
>>
>>8912078
You have to make your own beans. I like using butter beans or pinto beans. Those tins of Old El Paso refried aren't edible.
>>
>>8912078

Here's what I do for refried beans:
-put dry pinto beans, half an onion, a jalapeno, vegetable or chicken stock, and some Mexican oregano in a pressure cooker. Cook until the beans are tender.
-Strain out the liquid
-Heat lard in a saucepan. Add the beans & onion. Cook for a little while, then transfer to a food processor or a good strong blender and puree. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
>>
I was doing taco stuff last night. Added a Kroger brand packet of taco seasoning to my ground beef. Ruined. Instantly. It was like fucking salted chili powder. It was terrible. I am still pissed off about it, so I am posting it here.Don't buy Kroger Brand taco seasoning.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.