[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bachelor cooking advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170508-205833.jpg (809KB, 1426x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-205833.jpg
809KB, 1426x1036px
Hi /ck/, I am finally motivated to start cooking everyday to eat cheaper and healthier.

I'm a single male living alone and have only really relied on sandwiches, instant/frozen food, delivery and eating for cheap at work.

What are some recipes for relatively simple pasta dishes, and other good bachelor foods?

Pic related is my signature fried egg and avocado breakfast served with chai tea.
>>
>>8911875
I think you went a little too auschwitz on those eggs
>>
>>8911875
>fried egg and avocado breakfast served with chai tea.

Dropped, hipster.
>>
>>8911875
Those are supposed to be eggs? Well they certainly aren't eggs anymore.
>>
>>8911926
I come from a tea drinking family so a good breakfast is never complete without it desu. And there's nothing wrong with avocado. I had some cheese too but I thought I'd make the breakfast more healthy and get rid of my over-ripe avocados in one go.

>>8911919
They look extra yellow because I like to add turmeric to them and I think I let the olive oil get a little too hot before I put in the eggs so it turned my eggs orange.
>>
>3 unique ip replies
>no one even remotely answered my question or gave any tips
I guess I'm just going to order delivery tonight as well. I don't know what I was expecting from /ck/.
>>
File: IMG_5653.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5653.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>8911919
KEK
fpbp
>>
>>8912100
Thanks for this recipe, looks doable. But I'll leave the grocery shopping for tomorrow to take advantage of the 10% student discount and report back once I've tried making this.

Any more general recipes or tips for cooking/living alone welcome.
>>
>>8911875
Easy Pasta

Start pot of noodles.

Large pan.
Saute shallots and garlic in butter.
Add shrimp.
Cook a bit.
Add splash of white wine.
Squeeze of lemon.
Cook till shrimp just done.
Add cooked/drained pasta.
Mix.
Top with parm and cracked pepper.

Easy and wicked fast (shrimp cook in like 5 minutes).
>>
>>8911875
Hey man I made a 3 bean salad earlier that's delicious and super easy.

1 can each of black beans, red kidney beans, garbanzo (chick peas), all drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn drained
2 avocados largely diced
Juice of 2 limes
Bunch of cilantro chopped
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1/4 cup oil
Some salt and pepper

Toss the avocado in the lime juice and then just toss everything into a bowl and mix it up. Stick in the fridge for an hour. Grab a bowl and eat it, then cling wrap the rest in the bowl or tupperware it.

Protein and light tasting. Can't go wrong with like and cilantro.
>>
>>8912242
Lime* fucking phone.

Learn to roast veggies too. Easiest thing in the world and they're great and cheap as fuck.

Make sweet potato medallions. Literally just slice up a sweet potato into thin coins and bake at like 425 for 20 minutes. Just use salt or maybe paprika and cumin, or cayenne, or whatever you feel like. Great snack.

Instead of noodles buy some yellow squash and zucchini and use a peeler to shred them into flat pieces. Sub these for noodles. Toss with salt and pepper and cook on the stove in a bit of oil until limp and done. Make a ton at a time and refrigerate in the sauce.
>>
File: zAW84jQ.png (2MB, 1500x1602px) Image search: [Google]
zAW84jQ.png
2MB, 1500x1602px
>>8911875
Bachelor reporting

First and foremost: get containers! Big ones for batches of rice, veg, chicken, whatever. Little ones for your meal portions and snacks.

When making rice, just boil it like pasta. Once the bite is right, drain it then cap it off the heat for a bit. No need to worry about water ratios or fluffing.

Make eggs in the oven, less hassle esp if you're making a bunch for meal prep. Try making them in a muffin tray with different ingredients in each cup.

Get boneless skinless chicken titties, cut them up into cubes, marinate with whatever you want, put them in a 400° oven on a tray lined with parchment paper for ~20 minutes. Comes out juicy af and it's perfect for meal prepping, have that with your rice, quinoa, veg, whatever.

It's tempting to get baby carrots but it's cheaper to get the big bags of whole carrots and chop them up to babby carrot size. I like to lightly steam them so they have a softer bite but still crunch. I also get the frozen bags of broccoli florets and steam those until they're thawed, don't let them lose their color cause the flavor will go with it.

Main thing with pasta is making sure you pull it off the heat and drain it once it's got the right bite, overcooked pasta sucks. When it's ready I like to add balsamic vinegar and spices to it, and go light on the sauce, too many people drown their pasta.

Tuna's neat but also get sardines, herring, salmon. Could make a bomb ass salad with those (or chicken), baby spinach, avocado, rice or quinoa, onion, spices, red wine vinegar, mustard, all kinds of shit, fuck mayo.

Taking fruit to work, pack apples. If you want something that's too juicy/messy, cut it up, pack it in a container and eat with a fork or toothpick.

Cookies
2 cups of rolled oats, cup of plain nonfat yogurt (or two bananas), scoop of protein
Combine all that, portion out your cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper
Bake for ~15 minutes at 350°
You could also add cinnamon or agave nectar before baking
>>
>>8912458
My fucking nigger. FUCK. MAYO
>>
Heres a fun recipe I eat frequently:

1 can of chickpeas
Butternut Squash soup (mix or if you dare- make yours from scratch)
half a clove of garlic
1 white onion
bit of salt
lots of ground pepper

throw it all in a pot, put on medium heat and let it rip

doesn't cost much, lots of fibre, protein and other shit. tastes pretty good too.
>>
>>8912458
>Containers

This is one of the most underappreciated bits of advice for cooking. I am shitty at keeping up a meal plan but I tend to make enough for leftovers when I live by myself. Corningware baking mugs are worthwhile too.
>>
>>8911875
>recipes

Ugh. There's no hope for you.

>signature fried egg and avocado breakfast

nvm it's a bait thread (or it's a genuine flyover).
>>
OP here, just checked thread for before sleep. You guys are the best, thank you for all your contributions. I'm going to try to attempt all of the recipes posted here this week.
>>
>>8911875
>that mug
>that fork retainer

Post tits or gtfo fucboi
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.