[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright /ck/, I need your assistance. I have never browsed here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: healthie.jpg (57KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
healthie.jpg
57KB, 626x626px
alright /ck/, I need your assistance. I have never browsed here. I need to know how to eat healthy. my problem is that I don't like many vegetables, nor do I eat healthy at all. I am tired of feeling so clouded in the head from smoking and bad eating habits.

my question is this: what should I eat to make it EASIEST to transition from unhealthy to healthy eating?

I have read that I should find my "gateway vegetable", and I think that's carrots and kale. I like some fruit, and can manage that side, but I need to branch away from shit food that is making life worse for me.

I feel like healthy eating is my first step to a better life, and I appreciate all the help I can get.
>>
>>8911102
>what should I eat to make it EASIEST to transition from unhealthy to healthy eating?
That's hard to answer without knowing your preferences and where you live. Obviously a Chinese person is going to have a different basic diet than a German or an Aussie, etc.

A few random tips that might help you:
1) Chances are you do like plenty of vegetables, you just don't like how they were/are cooked. Experiment with different cooking methods.

2) Reduce or eliminate processed foods from your diet. Make things from scratch instead. That simple step alone will remove all the artificial junk from your diet.
>>
>>8911129
thank you, anon. I am in East TN.

>Chances are you do like plenty of vegetables, you just don't like how they were/are cooked.
experimenting with other veggies, yeah? that sounds like something reasonable.

eliminating processed foods is also nice, though I am on a budget so cooking all of my meals from scratch isn't a real option right now. thank you thank you
>>
self bump bc I want to live
>>
>>8911129
To add to what this anon said. As you begin to experiment with different cooking methods, you should start with roasting and grilling. Many meh-tier vegetables are absolutely godly when roasted or grilled.
>>
>>8911129
>>8911173
do you cook these with chicken?
>>
>>8911151
>>thank you, anon. I am in East TN.

I assume you like pretty standard American and "Southern" sorts of food then? Chili and stews are great. They're inexpensive, easy to make in large batches, they reheat well, and they're healthy as fuck because they contain a variety of different foods. You get your meat and several veggies all in one dish. There are many related dishes too--Perlou, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, etc...

>>8911173
>Many meh-tier vegetables are absolutely godly when roasted or grilled.

8911129 here; 2nding that right there!

When I was growing up there were many vegetables I thought that I hated, but it turns out that my parents were shitty cooks and just boiled the piss out of everything. The problem wasn't the veggie, it was the cooking method. Experiment with different ones and I'm sure you'll find something you like.
>>
>>8911197
> -stews are great. They're inexpensive, easy to make in large batches, they reheat well, and they're healthy as fuck because they contain a variety of different foods. You get your meat and several veggies all in one dish.

this sounds great for me, loading a stew with veggies will be something ill be making.

>but it turns out that my parents were shitty cooks and just boiled the piss out of everything

yeah, the best my parents had were microwaving green beans and serving potatoes. of course my father eats really healthy now, I attribute my love of healthy foods to things like that.

>>8911173
>>8911197
thank you both!
>>
>>8911178
Sure, IMO almost any roasted vegetable is good with chicken.
>>
>>8911102
A few tips:
Just try to make five to six dishes that seem appetizing to you. Don't know how? Google the fuck out of it. If it seems to much work for you now, take a one of the simpler recipes.

Be liberal with your spice game and don't over salt your dish. You can always add salt later, removing it is hard and time consuming.

If you fail to make a dish learn from the experience. Burned something? Try to salvage the pot and check more often or cook at lower heat next time. Too bland? Maybe try some extra ingredients/spices/bit more salt or pepper next time.

I started off with junkfood when I started living on my own at 19. I'm 29 now and make a variety of steak, rice, pasta and other dishes. Make my own mashed potatoes instead of buying an easy packet. Make my own curry. My own ramen broth (I don't buy ramen packets anymore). Roast stuff. Wok the leftovers, Bake the best. Learning to cook is a road paved by experience and and there are shortcuts to get decent fast, but no way to get great fast.

Next time to think about making something; just try it. Just making it yourself will give you a sense of accomplishment and if you fail, experience.
>>
>>8911292
thank you, anon. I do appreciate the advice and will be attributing this to my lifestyle choices
>>
>>8911102
Personally, my issue with eating healthy is that it usually takes a while to prepare anything. I started eating healthy when i started making salads, potatoes, and microwaveable vegetables. After you eventually start eating out less and making your own food more, then eventually you can make more complex things instead. Also, for snacks, id pack various berries or things like green beans and sweet peas until you can make something.
>>
>>8911151
>cooking all of my meals from scratch isn't a real option right now
usually cooking from scratch is cheaper
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.