[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French Onion Soup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: frenchonion.jpg (147KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
frenchonion.jpg
147KB, 1500x1125px
This is good stuff - you have to have the right broth, correct amount of onions, and cheese distribution has to be on point. Share your experiences here - good and bad. Thanks!
>>
Good experience: The first time I made French Onion soup from scratch, when I was a teenager, loving the long, slow process, and the delicious results.

Bad experience: My husband taking some leftover French Onion soup out of the fridge for lunch, and microwaving it, then putting the cheese INTO the soup and just toasting some bread, and wondering why his soup was so fucked up, and showed me the giant blob of melted cheese in the bottom of his bowl. Made me want to facepalm myself to death.
>>
>>8907826
Oh my god, are you in London? Please be in London I can't believe this is happening.
>>
>>8907838
Shut up, you.
>>
>>8907800
If it doesn't take you 1.30 hours to caramalize your onions and you didn't use homemade beef stock, you done fucked up. Just toss it in the trash and start over.
>>
>>8907800
I just started making it, and I'm like 3-4 batches in. Really easy, just time consuming. Turns out pretty good. Here's what I do:

>cut up onions while heating up pot over medium-low.
>throw in butter and onions
>salt/pepper/garlic when sweated
>carmelize (takes like an hour) adding water if you have to
>throw in red wine and cook down
>throw in STOCK not broth
>simmer for another hour or so with thyme/bay
>french bread toast, gruyere on top under broiler
>eat

fuck, I feel like I'm missing a step/ingredient.
>>
File: 20170311_210740.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_210740.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>8907935
Finished product before the toast/cheese. gruyere smells like shit when you grate it, or is it just me?
>>
I just bought a set of ramekins. What should I make in them besides French Onion Soup?
>>
>>8907971
I have the same question.
>>
>>8907971
Little soufflés?
>>
>>8907850
>1.30 hours
I think you mean 4hrs.
>>
>>8907848
Is that a yes?
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>8908219
>4 hours to caramalize onions

Now that's just downright silly, you silly billy.
>>
How much butter should I use?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.