[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For me it's sambal oelek, the best chili paste ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: happyfunsexyfoodtime.jpg (368KB, 1017x1684px) Image search: [Google]
happyfunsexyfoodtime.jpg
368KB, 1017x1684px
For me it's sambal oelek, the best chili paste ever.
>>
File: chili-garlic-sauce[1].jpg (146KB, 350x556px) Image search: [Google]
chili-garlic-sauce[1].jpg
146KB, 350x556px
>>8902176
Close
>>
>>8902186
>sambal oelek
Better
>>
>>8902176
It's great. Perfect blend of hot and sour, and many variations of it.
>>
>>8902186
I've been thinking about trying this stuff, no memes aside, how is it; and what is the best "newbie" dishes to use it with?
>>
File: 1493495103424.jpg (43KB, 720x537px) Image search: [Google]
1493495103424.jpg
43KB, 720x537px
>>8903224

i usually add a small dollop to my stir frys towards the end when everything is cooked. It adds a nice kick and mild garlic-vinegar flavor to the dish. Some brands have a strong fish sauce aftertaste so if that ain't your thing take a quick look at the listed ingredients.

But if you want a quick snack, it's great on triscuits with a slice of swiss or colby! Also bretty gud on store bought sushi if you're crazy brave to eat that stuff.
>>
>>8903224
I like it. Helps a lot with ramen and breakfast sandwiches (eggs).
>>
>>8902176
Tried it once while traveling, I found it to be vinegary and bland. Still, I guess it'll do in a pinch.
>>
What's the difference between the two besides the labeling?
>>
>>8903224
it has this subtle unenjoyable water taste, as if you were eating a hydrophobic soluble, and the mass of seeds taste and feel like eating a ton of cellulose, and you body recognizes it's eating an amount of macronutrient void biomass, as if you were eating the pulp from a juicer

i really wish i liked these sauces as i love asian sauces, but it always has this faint thread of "this is severely lacking"

on the other hand, pepper jam is quite satisfying, as you forgo that whole water based solution
>>
>>8903280
You should put it before everything is cooked and fry it in the oil for a bit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.