[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make a simple risotto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: risot.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
risot.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
How do I make a simple risotto?
>>
If you can't find carnaroli rice, don't bother. Arborio risotto is fussy and easy to fuck up.
>>
>buy box/packet of risotto mix
>cook it per the directions

simple
>>
File: foodwars13-applerisotto.jpg (479KB, 1224x2048px) Image search: [Google]
foodwars13-applerisotto.jpg
479KB, 1224x2048px
>>8898155
>>
risotto is shit
>>
>>8898159

I've never had a problem with Arborio. What do you think is fussy about it?

Here's my basic method:
-have homemade stock prepared in advance
-saute the vegetables and/or mushrooms that will be the base of the risotto
-add the dry Arborio rice and make sure it gets coated with the oil in the pan. Toss it and cook for a short time.
-Ladle the boiling hot stock into the risotto one scoop at a time. Stir constantly until the stock is absorbed. Repeat until the proper amount of stock is absorbed (checking for doneness via frequent taste tests)
-Season & add any cheese (if using).
>>
>>8898155
1. Pan, nice and hot
2. A DRIZZLE... of olyvoil
>>
>>8898209

Exactly this. Although, you don't really have to stir 'constantly', just very frequently. Having hot stock to add is key, as cold stock ladled in will cool the whole thing down and fuck it all up. Also, it takes awhile....anywhere from 30 - 45 minutes of frequent attention.
>>
>>8898155
Heat a little oil on medium heat. Add some chopped onion, cook til soft. Add minced garlic, cook a minute. Mix in your rice (regular medium grain rice will work if you don't have arborio) and cook a couple minutes. Stir in hot stock around 1/2 - 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently and adding more when it's mostly absorbed, until the rice is done. Add cheese, cream, whatever other stuff you want at the end.
>>
I have an easy risotto recipe that has been keeping me fed for years. Tastes like the real stuff.

1. Make white rice extra soft (stay with me)
2. Bring 3 cups of cool whip to boil in a medium sauce pan
3. Add the rice, stirring gently at a low heat.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
>>
>>8898155
Get some chicken stock, arborio or carnaroli rice, onions, olive oil, butter, and your choice of protein and vegetables.

>warm up your stock and prepare a ladle
>dice your onions and saute them with olive oil
>while the onions are cooking, add in your rice and coat them lightly with the remaining olive oil. Add a touch more if you have to
>When the onions are cooked nicely and the rice is slightly toasted, introduce your hot stock
>do it slowly, a ladleful a time and keep stirring the rice and onions. You can leave it for a bit if you have to, but I'd recommend you stir it as much as possible, or else it doesn't cook properly
>around 15-18 minutes taste test the rice to see if it fits your texture. Most chefs will say if the rice starts to lose the white bead in the centre of each grain, you're starting to overcook
>once you've used all your stock, the rice is a nice texture, and it has a nice consistency, add some butter to finish off
>plate and wa la

Adjust for when you want to add your protein and vegetables.
>>
I use my pressure cooker, risotto takes 7 minutes.
>>
>>8898155
Make a risotto but don't complicate it
>>
>>8898155
Oil. Onion. Rice. Stock. [whatever ingredient you want in there]. Salt, pepper. Butter. Some hard cheese.
>>
>>8899572
this, but add freshly grated parm at the end
>>
File: gb.jpg (4KB, 118x150px) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
4KB, 118x150px
>>8899801
I got your hard cheese right here pal
>>
>>8899583

I'm going to try this

I hope it's good because I dislike how much stock it takes for regular risotto
>>
>>8898155
cocktail sausages IN, onion and garlic powder IN, stir fry rice, add double amount stock made out of stock cube to rice, leave to simmer until water is almost consumed, grated cheese IN, stir, rest for 1 minute
>et WA LA
>>
Pan hot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.