[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smear the wasabi on top of the sushi and then eat it? Attempt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

Smear the wasabi on top of the sushi and then eat it?

Attempt to dip the sushi in the wasabi?

Eat the sushi and then eat the wasabi separately, like some painful breath mint?
>>
i do the first one so i can portion out the wasabi properly on each piece
>>
>>8897235
>Smear the wasabi on top of the sushi and then eat it?

That.

Wasabi is not soft enough in texture to use as a dip.
>>
I either smear the wasabi on each piece, or if there's soy sauce involved mix the soy sauce and wasabi together and dip in that
>>
>>8897238
>inb4 angry weebs
>>
File: 1353900443214.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1353900443214.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>8897238
>mix the soy sauce and wasabi together
>>
File: getjiro-etiquette.jpg (261KB, 600x959px) Image search: [Google]
getjiro-etiquette.jpg
261KB, 600x959px
>>8897238
>>
>>8897238
100% correct
>>
>>8897238
True patrician taste
>>
a dab of wasabi, for me. no soy sauce.
>>
>>8897269
This is the most beautiful thing I've seen today.
>>
File: getjiro.png (512KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
getjiro.png
512KB, 650x400px
>>8897339

You should read the whole thing.
>>
>>8897235
Just mix a bit of wasabi in with the soy sauce and dip your sushi.
>>
Option 4: Eat the sushi plain and ignore the wasabi. Horseradish is too strong and overwhelms the fish.
>>
Just watch the alton brown episode, anon. Alton explains this already.
>>
>pick up small dab of wasabi with hashi
>place on the maki
>pick up maki with hashi and eat
Simple as that fucking white boys
>>
>Just mix a bit of wasabi in with the soy sauce and dip your sushi.

Are you some kind of communist or something!?
>>
>>8897235
If the place is any good the wasabi is already in the sushi. If it isn't it doesn't matter because the sushi isn't actually
>>
>>8897235
Fuck wasabi.

Just add cayanne or chili flakes to ketchup and use that for a sushi dipping sauce
>>
>>8897260

Are you saying you don't do that?
>>
lul@キモイ外人

1. small piece of wasabi into dish provided
2. SMALL AMOUNT, fucking SMALL amount of soy sauce in the dish, should barely be enough to cover the bottom of the bowl
3. mix or dont
4. dip one side of the piece of food into the wasabi+soy sauce

its not a soup
its not "manly" to eat a glob of wasabi paste
its used in moderation
>>
Put it on the chopstick dumb fucks.

It's all going the same place anyway skip a step.
>>
>>8897638
>implying you use 箸 to eat すし
*cring's at u*
>>
>>8897235
I always just mix wasabi with soy sauce. it taste fucking good.

I dont care if its not "proper sushi etiquette". im not in japan. im not trying to please anyone. i just want to eat my food
>>
>>8897649
Sriracha on sushi is more authentically asian my dude.
>>
Sometimes I put one layer of ginger on top of sushi, smear wasabi on it and dip in soy sauce.
>>
>>8898236

so kawaii, desu desu
>>
>>8898261
What do you mean?
>>
>>8897837
Sriracha owned by yellow man, so it is must be most asian
>>
I use a spoon to grab the smallest dollop and place on the edge of the sushi then i stab the whole sushi with a fork and shove the whole thing in my mouth.
>>
Wasabi only belongs on bland fish
>>
File: 1390937911120.png (142KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1390937911120.png
142KB, 294x294px
>>8897238
what have you done
>>
I don't get why wasabi is a standard accompaniment to sushi. Maybe its just me but even with the tiniest bit I can taste almost nothing but wasabi.

When I do try it to see if I can enjoy it with sushi, I kind of pinch a bit with the chopsticks and then grab the sushi. It just mushes in and comes with it when I take a bite.
>>
File: Roll credits (Sub).webm (3MB, 640x270px) Image search: [Google]
Roll credits (Sub).webm
3MB, 640x270px
>>8898363
>>
>>8898363

>why don't I understand wasabi with sushi

Hmmm, I'll take a stab - because you're american?
>>
>>8898528
OBS--

I explained why I thought that though. Wasabi is a very intense flavor and it overpowers what is usually described as subtle. Why would they be paired together in any culture?

What is the Japanese reasoning for it?
>>
>>8898536
actual wasabi doesn't taste like that green paste you get outside of japan

I agree with you but it's nowhere near as overpowering if you get the real shit
>>
>>8897235
>eating maki-zushi
>not nigiri
nigga you fucking it up big time.
>>
>>8897260
Japanese do this.
>>
>>8898363
The original intent is that wasabi was to help sterilize food in feudal Japan.
>>
use wasabi as lube while you jack off to anime
>>
>>8898549
Fake wasabi is used very widely in Japan too
>>
>>8898549
>actual wasabi doesn't taste like that green paste you get outside of japan

1. Yes it does, it's the same damn family with barely any taste other than the pungency
2. True wasabi is ridiculously expensive, you bet your balls that even Glorious Nippon puts green food coloring in horseradish
>>
Its funny how Americans are more elitist than Japanese about sushi, and they think they're copying strict standards that just don't exist. Any good sushi chef in Japan isn't gonna give a fuck as long as you pay.
>>
>>8897381
this. stir with chopsticks in that little dish...its whats its for!
>>
>>8897773
I doubt you've ever tried real wasabi. The true stuff is worth its weight in gold. You've had horseradish and green dye in all likelihood.
>>
>>8899598
Did you not realizing I was obviously shitposting?

Interestingly enough though, I happend to pop this thread up about 30 seconds ago and got a response......NEATO FINITO MY FRIENDO!

Now shit on my mouth faggot
>>
>>8899602
No. I take everyone at face value because it simply isn't worth my time to quedtion if the text I'm reading has a particular tone/sarcasm.w/e

open wide
>>
>>8899613
Will you fart you cum into my nose?
>>
>>8899618
umm...what? oh!

So you've already tried wasabi! coolio!
>>
>>8897235
i hear the ginger is a palate cleanser but i just put it on with the wasabi and soy sauce its delicious
>>
File: IMG_0329.jpg (40KB, 532x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
40KB, 532x271px
I bring a bottle of Frank's Red Hot to sushi joints and use that.

Usually offends the folken, but they put my food together in front of me and thus can't mess with it so I don't care.
>>
>>8899819
viva la cash and carry
>>
I throw the wasabi away

My dad eats his sushi with ketchup
>>
>>8897235
>pick up a tiny ball of wasabi with chopsticks
>push it into the center of the roll with my chopsticks
>dip just a little corner in soy sauce

With nigiri/sashimi I do the smear, but it's better with maki to push it inside so it doesn't end up pressed against the roof of your mouth.
>>
>>8900362
IDK about that nigiri tofu pouch stuffings..

They're delicious and all but I try to stay away from tofu.
>>
>>8899808
>>8897824
>>8897381
>>8897238
Have any of you monkeys even tried eating sushi without wasabi or soy sauce before? Can you identify which fish you're eating just by the texture and flavor alone? Do you even know what properly seasoned sushi rice tastes like? Hell most of the makimono in America comes packed with 5 or 6 different things inside and 2 sauces on top, why would you spend 12 dollars on a fucking dragon roll if you're just gonna drown it in wasabi soy sauce paste that makes everything taste like salty horseradish.
>>
>>8897235
What the fuck is wrong with the person that made this sushi? Did he take the whole thing and roll it around in a plate of chopped up dill? Why? And why did he use an uramaki if he was just going to fill it with one tiny ass piece of buri? I see he knows how to make a leaf out of the wasabi and a rose out of the gari, so can every moron that comes out of culinary schol, but what's with the tiny slice of lemon that's too thin to squeeze over the sushi? Does he expect people to try and eat it or is it just a piece of pointless decoration? Shit like this pisses me off, people spend way too much time thinking about how to present food that looks pretty and not enough time thinking about how to make it taste good and present it in a way that accentuates the flavor.
>>
>>8900618
personally I've never seen the sushi slices offset like that before. Wasn't going to say anything, but you seem to have a knack for appreciating sushi layouts.
>>
>>8897804
I would hate to watch you eat sushi
You fucking animal
>>
i mix the wasabi with soy sauce then use the ginger like a paintbrush to apply the mixture to the top of the sushi.
>>
I get some wasabi on my chopsticks and then pick up a piece of sushi with it

inb4 >chopsticks
>>
>>8898363
Wasabi has some antiseptic/antibacterial properties.
>>
So what are the odds that the wasabi that i've eaten was actual wasabi instead of horseradish with green dye?
>>
>>8900848

Ginger is a palette cleanser noob.
>>
>>8900910

If it was real wasabi, they'd make sure you knew it.
>>
>>8900926
and that is relevant to what?
actually ginger is for digestion. not a pallete cleanser
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.