[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good deli in ny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0812.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px)
IMAG0812.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
What's a good deli in ny?
>>
Depends what you want to eat. More on the fish side or more on the land critter side?
>>
what borough and neighborhood are you in?
>>
kats or katz was the one my tourist ass went to and it was great. I'm not technically from NYC but ff it means anything my family is made up of jews from manhattan/jersey (depends what side of the family) and I've had this deli recommended to me plenty of times
>>
>>8895715
he said ny, so obviously the borough of manhattan

nobody says ny and means the bronx, queens, staten island, or that other one where lena dunham lives, I forget the name
>>
>>8895724
...brooklyn

which is probably the second place hipsters and "foodies" will visit when in nyc
>>
>>8895727
well, there are no good delis in whatsitcalled borough, they're all like glatt kosher and shit. who needs that crap? only the craziest of the crazies.

if you want to be a hipster you can go up to liebman's in the bronx or as the locals erroneously call it, "riverdale" (sic)

there also used to be a similar joint on 181st in new york proper, but it might be gone now, I think the whole neighborhood is dominican

otherwise stay on the LES
>>
Staying on liberty st, opposite trump tower lol.

Just landed at JFK
>>
>>8895738
If youre in manhattan go to katz, its gr8 m8

Its fucking expensive though, and when you enter, hold onto the ticket they give you or big bubba will shake you down for 100$ when you leave

Incredible food otherwise

>>8895724
Confirmed for not being a new yorker
>>
>>8896267
What should I get from Katz?
A pastrami sandwich you guys are always talking about?

First time in USA as well so any other suggestions would be good.

Oh and white clam chowder, love that shit, where's a good place for that?
>>
>>8896281
Hard Salami sandwich, I get one at least once every month. Enjoy
>>
>>8896267
>lives in the whatsitcalled borough
long island isn't what people mean when they say "new york", lena. L train working yet?

>>8896281
yeah the pastrami is the obligatory thing there, don't bother with salami that's ridiculous

for white clam chowder try the oyster bar at GCT, there are a lot of other places with good clam chowder but you're a tourist and it's part of NY history (and also good food). people generally say "new england clam chowder" here but people will know what you mean
>>
ITT: OP wants to know which of the thousands and thousands of delis in NY he should visit and people not from NY recommending the most famous deli in the world.
>>
>>8896281
You should get nothing from kats because they closed down.
>>
>>8897224
Places dont get famous for being shitty. You should visit famous places. In fact I hate when people come in and promote their obscure hole in the wall joint they grew up around, toting it as a hidden gem. If a place has good food, it would be known for it. A New Yorker would also recommend the same famous places because they're objectively the best.
>>
>>8897224
Katz's is a tourist trap, but it's for a good reason. New Yorkers will recommend it just as much. I liked Schwartz's in Montreal much more though, anyways.
>>
>>8897955
Maybe they don't get famous from being shitty but they might get shitty from being famous. A lot of places skimp on quantity/quality and raise the prices once they know they can rely on notoriety for business.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.