[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is del taco healthy-ish fast food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1473873741124.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473873741124.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
beans are healthy, rice is healthy, salsa is healthy.

they claim they use fresh ingredients and dont use re-hydrated stuff like taco bell.
and unlike all the other fast food places, they dont shove massive amounts of meat into every product.

if i mostly stick with the bean cheese rice burritos and lay low on the highfructose corn syrup salsa packets, then that would be a pretty healthy, quick and cheap meal, right? three 1/2lb burritos for 2 bucks with the dollar off survey coupon
>>
>>8894375
no. but only because your main sources of health basically cry out for phytonutrients. You'd also be way way way way way way better off making this shit on your own for extra health as rice and beans as a meal if you want to get a shit ton is set and forget shit.

Advantages of doing this shit at home : you can sprout your beans and get black beans (the cheapest healthier bean). by sprouting them you not only increase the health, but you reduce the ammount of gas an negative effects of legumes like beans. Rice, well, brown rice at home is an option but even if you go for regular rice is so fucking cheap that it's not worth often buying, and as long as you have a cheap teflon covered rice cooker and a stock pot you can make these on your own in maximum lazy mode.

Get a large tub of salsa, some chicken stock if you like, seasonings if you also want, and replace some of the rice water for cooking the rice with it. tada; cheap ass spanish rice. Meat also can be added sparingly, but the number one thing to keep in mind is you can also add fresh onion and peppers to this when they go on sale. unless you are litterally living in your car I can't see a reason not to do this, and even if you did live on your car, as long as you had a way to bum or convert electricity you could do this in your car.
>>
taco bell taste better
>>
>fast food
>healthy

No. Restaurant food is almost always high calorie garbage, even at "health food" restaurants.
>>
File: arrozzzzz.gif (3MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
arrozzzzz.gif
3MB, 250x250px
Just make your own arroz rojo. It's cheaper in the long run, healthier, and you can control how much salt and shit is in it.
>>
All fast food is unhealthy for yiu. That being said, the original Del Taco in Barstow is the best.
>>
>>8895604
how do i watch this in slow-mo
and
do i fry the rice in oil for a bit before adding the water and salt?
>>
>>8895974
here's the slower version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0nqz5vNdwc

when i make something like this, if i'm using white rice i usually toast it for a minute in the pan before adding the liquid (i usually use stock)

with brown rice, it doesn't really matter though
>>
>>8896004
shovel it down with a bag of tortilla chips
>>
No more del taco in my area.

You just made me hungry for a macho combo burrito.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>8896056
Fuck me, nearest one is 275 miles away.
>>
>>8896004
>this guy holding a cast iron pan with his bare hands
>>
>>8896087
yeah, that freaked me out a bit too when i saw it
>>
>>8896004
>went through related videos
>hidden veggie mac and cheese
>starts out looking great
>right at the end puts a stick of cream cheese in it
I should feel bad that I want to try this
>>
>>8895242
>taco bell tastes better
If you want to have the shits for a week
>>
>>8896459
How do shits affect taste?
>>
>>8895604
that was unconstituted rice lmfao! clown video. mmm tasty!
>>
>>8896517
and if it wasnt unconstituted, that meal was 100% inedible
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.