[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sous Vide machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: DSC00563-1.jpg (286KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00563-1.jpg
286KB, 705x1000px
I'm on the hunt for a new sous vide machine. I had the sansaire but I've parted ways with it.

I'm only cooking for myself, so I don't need something hefty.

Which is why I found interest in these two:

Steba SV50
Champion CHSV310

But, they are essentially the very same model.
What's the deal with that? I feel like it's some shady bankrupt company that was taken over and got it's products resold.

I can't seem to be able to find the Joule where I live, scandinavia. Discontinued or was it a failure?

Both of them are around 100usd, then there's the next step which is OBH Nordicas Immersion for 200usd.

Granted, I don't want to step down in quality and performance from the sansaire. Are these valid options or does /ck/ have experience with them and recommend something different?

Pic related, cooked with the sansaire.
>>
File: SOUS VIDE.jpg (71KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
SOUS VIDE.jpg
71KB, 960x641px
All sous vide machines are the same. Just like all vitroceramic is the same.
>>
>>8892928
Really?

I mean I know the product is very simple.

But for the smaller models, there's no difference?

I can imagine that if you're dealing with 50L baths you need bigger heaters and pumps.
>>
Did you deliberately make that thumbnail look like a cock with a pink knob?
>>
>>8892944
There might be a different reason as to why you saw a penis.
>>
>>8892947
The reason is because it looks exactly like a brown version of my pink XYN
>>
joule seems to be the best small circulator in terms of overall design
>>
>>8892929
they are all the same in the sense that they will all heat and circulate water but really if you are concerned about wearing out the heating elements just fill your container with hot water before you start.

i've got an Anova and thats what i do. i put in hot water and let it come back down to the temp i want to cook at and then run the machine. easier on the element to only have to maintain the temp as opposed to warm up all that cold water.
>>
>>8893260
also, try and put your container on something insulating, like a trivet and put a lid on it so you dont have to come back and top it up for really long cooks
>>
Make sure you get one that can't be used without signing into Facebook first
#IOT
#cloud
#alwayson
>>
>>8893260
Oh I did that.

I was just talking about the benefit of a larger sous vide, if that's all the difference.

The only anovo one I can get is the wifi version for 190usd. The one I'm considering now is the steba for half the price.
Worth the features?

>>8893271
While I see the benefit of wifi, turning the thing on before you get back home, there's so many silly features.
>>
>>8893281
i mean i got mine on sale for 90USD + shipping

i use the app to keep an eye on water temp if i'm out and about during a really long cook but really the wifi feature is kinda pointless, if im putting something in, 99.9% of time time i've already started the water so i dont need the feature to have the water start when im not close by to the machine.
>>
>>8893299
Oh right. Well 190 us as cheap as it's been here.

Thanks for the input!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.