[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Appetizer with furmint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: royal_tokaji_furmint_2012_n.jpg (25KB, 107x400px) Image search: [Google]
royal_tokaji_furmint_2012_n.jpg
25KB, 107x400px
Alright cu/ck/s, I need your help. I'm making a dinner, and I need an appetizer to match my bottle of Furmint. I got the other parts of the dinner figured out, but the appetizer is a hard nut to crack. I barely found any recipes with Furmint, and the only pairing that is recommended is Foie Gras, which is not going to happen due to monetary reasons. So, what would you recommend? I'd prefer something made with chicken, but if you have any better ideas, I'll be glad to read them.

Pic related, that's the bottle except I've got the 2015 vintage.
>>
>>8889708
Octopus. Greek/Mediterranean style.

Braise it.
>>
>>8889767
Sounds good, my man. Not the best option tho, because my oven is soon to be occupied by a piece of porkchop. But I guess it's a start, if nothing else works, I'll just make some kind of salad with octopus & italian spices.
>>
>>8889784
You can braise on a stove top if you have a dutch oven or a similar tool. Just wrap the top and 420 Braise It.
>>
>>8889803
Well, I could do that. I'll wait a little for other suggestions, but if nothing better pops up, I'll go get some octopus.
>>
>>8889819
Well you could always do horderves instead of a full on appetizer. A little elderberry wine, some red meat and some cheese and a cracker...bam, fucking finger food. Easy and quick, plus you don't have to try to go find octopus tentacles.
>>
>>8889827
I thought about this as a last resort, but I really want to try this bottle tonight, so I'll give the octopus a go.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>muh pairing
>muh subtle aromas
>muh vintage
Not even so-called "experts" can tell wines apart, and here you are, a faggot wrestling over what do with your "furmint" whatever the fuck that is
>>
If the one recommendation you can find is foie, why not do something with a chicken liver mousse? That was restaurants poor man my sub when foie gras was still illegal, and you can jack up the richness with bacon fat or something.
>>
>>8890058
>Tips 10% triple hop AIPA

>>8890094
Maybe, some kind of live paté with some toast or crackers could work, but to be honest the octopus sounds more simple. If I can't find any, I'll go with this.
>>
>>8890094
OP could throw down fucking taziki and pita chips and no one would give a single fuck. Overthinking food is a terrible offense.

Pablo Picasso knew when to stop painting, cooks need to know when to stop cooking.
>>
File: 6w4B1PH.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
6w4B1PH.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>8890184
>Pablo Picasso knew when to stop painting, cooks need to know when to stop cooking

pic related
>>
>>8890184
Well the only one who's in the position to care is me, and I do care. If it was about having a party, I would go with snacks and beer. But it's not a party and I want to pair my wine with some good food, because fuck knows when I'll be able to lay my hands on one of these again. So thanks for the advice, fucktard.
>>
Welp, no octopus here, so I bought some chicken liver and canadian style bacon, some cheddar, and a baguette. Hope it'll turn out good! Thanks for the help, I'll post results if I don't fuck up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.