[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animals you would eat given the chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: black-palm-cockatoo-habitat.jpg (102KB, 535x600px) Image search: [Google]
black-palm-cockatoo-habitat.jpg
102KB, 535x600px
For me:
>any large parrot
>any raptor
>any cetacean
>fox
>dog
>pheasant
>manta
>peafowl
>emu
>ostrich
>cassowary
>kangaroo
>horse
>armadillo
>any reptile
>pelican
>>
>>8887105
Had an ostrich burger once. Unique taste. Like a very gamey alien cow spliced with alien turkey from another, completely separate alien planet
>>
Horse sashimi and horse tartare.
>>
Some of those are not allowed as per the bible
>>
>>8887138
You mean per the Old Testament, as in, the Jewish law.
>>
What? I eat horse on a regular basis.
>>
>>8887105

>armadillo

I hope you enjoy getting leprosy
>>
I've heard manatee is amazing
>>
>>8887105
Ill eat almost anything that doesnt live on the bottom of the ocean floor or isnt an insect.
>>
Tarantula. Yummers!
>>
Kangaroo is incredible. It's incredibly lean meat, tastes a bit like venison but it's cheap as hell because kangaroos are currently overpopulated.

I want to try camel too because I heard there's a camel problem in central australia but it's not worth transporting the meat out to the coasts because no one wants to eat camel.
>>
File: filename-grilled-whale.jpg (22KB, 550x240px) Image search: [Google]
filename-grilled-whale.jpg
22KB, 550x240px
Whale balls for breakfast!
>>
>>8887105

Emu is actually readily available if there's a farm nearby. Meat can be a little dry though.
>>
>>8887105
I used the recipe in a 1970's edition of Joy of Cooking for an armadillo I shot once. Tasted like a gamey pork. Not bad. Don't worry about leprosy, that's an alt-fact.
>>
File: 674 - Bg8fTk5.jpg (95KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
674 - Bg8fTk5.jpg
95KB, 700x700px
I'd like to try human, at least once.
>>
File: 1492121083780.jpg (50KB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
1492121083780.jpg
50KB, 470x350px
>>8888597
Get a friend to have some of his butt meat surgically removed, then eat it. I heard two guys did that, ofcourse you could always go the illegal route.
>>
>>8887105
>pheasant
Tastes, its rich and gamy.
>ostrich
Really good meat, nice in burgers and steaks
>kangaroo
Good but can be tough. Very lean.
>horse
It's okay
>Any reptile
Had crocodile, it's alright kinda like a combination of fish and chicken in texture but fairly flavourless (maybe it varies by species)
>>
>>8888620
*Tasty, its rich and gamy.
>>
>>8887105

I'd like to go to one of those game reserves where I could legally hunt a vegan...one of those really snarky, whiny, sanctimonious ones...

Track it down, maybe shoot it in the leg to slow it down a bit...play with my dinner so to speak...

They way society is going, I'm probably going to be able to do this inside of 20 years...

It will be glorious...
>>
Not sure about meat but I'd like to try platypus or dolphin milk
>>
>>8888641
*tips*
>>
>>8888643
>dolphin milk
I have a feeling you will come across some dificulty milking and successfully acquiring undiluted milk from a fully aquatic animal, Anon.
>>
>>8888620
Ate of all of that and agree with you, horse tartare is great once in a while and a good horse steak/stew too.

Adding,
>dog
In between beef and pork fattiness(depends on the dog of course), best in stews cause can be quite tough. Red meat/beefy, tastes really gamey but not as good as venison, best with lots of aromatics/spices to balance it out.
>manta
Good breaded and shallow fried or grilled. If large specimen, meat might be tough, better in a soup or baked.
>any reptile
Snake/python are kinda like crocodile too, but softer. Great grilled. Pain in the ass to clean and remove the bones though, better going for pythons for more meat.

Also cat is basically rabbit.
>>
>>8889063
Adding other exotic animals people might want to try,
>fruit bat
Usually served in soup, needs aromatics to cover up that occasional urine smell(if it wasn't cleaned properly which is a bitch). Gamey, lean and fragrant. It's ok. Apparently insect eating bats are inferior.
>Sea turtle
Usually the pieces you get in the soup taste like veal. Pretty meh. Apparently soft shelled turtle soup is better.
>Impala
Only tender if you get the right cut, but aside from that pretty tasty.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.