[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does my dinner look /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7619.jpg (452KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7619.jpg
452KB, 1728x1152px
how does my dinner look /ck/?
>>
>>8886974
Spread ketchup over the well done steak like a real man and you'll get rated.
>>
File: IMG_7624.jpg (397KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7624.jpg
397KB, 1728x1152px
>>8886986
it's not well done

not my best cook, but passable
>>
I don't know about ketchup, but it does need a sauce. Bearnaise or a pan sauce would look good.
>>
>>8886990
Raw/10
>>
>>8886995
i was going to do something with blue cheese but all i had was some dessert white stilton i bought on accident

there's malt vinegar on the fries
>>
>>8886974
With a steak like that I'd like French mustard on the side
>>
How'd you make the fries?
>>
>>8886974
Looks pretty good OP.
>>
>>8886990
probably should have let it come to room temp before cooking. classic over cooked outside, raw inside.
>>
>>8887214
cut and soaked 2 small potatoes, deep fried at ~ 130c, cooled, deep fried again at ~190c, salted
>>
>>8886974
>>8886990
Basically over-seared, but if you like it like that, no biggie.

Steak is best cooked medium-low with a transition to searing heat for the last minute or so--try removing the steak from the pan if you're using an electric range.

Deglazing the pan is an easy last step while you let the steak rest, just chuck some wine and/or vinaigrette in there, and that sauce makes the best garnish. Experiment with spices for that sauce, and you're getting toward finding a real meal
>>
>>8886974
steak looks tough

god i hate people who unironically eat the fucking dogshit that is new york strip
>>
>>8887245
>reverse sear fag
yeah buddy quit trying to fuck with the newbie. all you need is some hot iron and 4-5 minutes on each side.
>>
>>8887256
Oh yeah? Man, I guess I never knew steak takes ten whole minutes.
>>
>>8886974
it looks a bit burnt to be honest
>>
>>8887243
>>8887245
i was happy with the sear but the inside was just slightly overcooked and a bit uneven, to my liking

the steak was thinner and lower quality than i usually work with but it was free so i'm not complaining

i usually finish them in the oven but i didn't for this one
>>
>>8886990
>hair on the plate
>>
>>8887780
i think that's part of the plate, anon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.