[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have an idea for a salmon and pasta dish, but I'm unsure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: le fish.jpg (7KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
le fish.jpg
7KB, 286x176px
So I have an idea for a salmon and pasta dish, but I'm unsure of what exactly to do with the pasta. Should I make a nice, rich sauce like a carbonara to balance the delicate nature of the fish, o should I make a really light and simple sauce like some kind of garlic, olive oil and, I don't know, lemon-butter or a little balsamic glaze to balance the fatty richness of salmon? I know what I want to be in the pasta regardless of the sauce, I just can't decide on the sauce itself.

Here's my recipe idea
>roast broccoli until nice and brown and tasty
>chop it pretty fine to resemble ground roasted broccoli, or something
>could make kale chips instead, also would be nice
>boil spaghetti
>make one of said sauces
>toss with broccoli/kale and olive oil, maybe some FRESH-ly grated parmesan
>bake herb-crusted salmon
>lay it on top of pasta

really leaning toward a light sauce, because I really want to drizzle a shit load of balsamic glaze on the fish/pasta
>>
>>8881525

2nding the light sauce.
>>
>>8881525
You've got a lot going on there. Light cream sauce IMHO. Poach salmon, flake and add to sauce, add pasta, toss & plate. Or add pasta to sauce, toss, simmer a bit to reduce, plate pasta, top with poached salmon filet.
>>
>>8881525
Agreed on light sauce, but grill the salmon if you can instead of baking. Not everybody has a grill so I understand if you can't.
>>
>>8881565
A quick one I like to do: pan hot, sauté minced shallot until soft, add dry vermouth or a good dry white wine, rapidly reduce, add cream or creme fraiche or a 1 part 1/2 & 1/2 to 1 part sour cream, reduce until it thickens. what you do with this base is up to you. Add prosciutto at the beginning before the shallot, add Gorgonzola and peas at the end and you've got a wonderful gnocchi sauce. In this instance I'd keep it simple with some fresh tarragon near the end for the salmon.
>>
>>8881615
Alternatively a lemon butter caper sauce might work as well.
>>
>>8881628
Even a garlic butter caper sauce with a lemon garnish.
>>
>>8881565
I was leaning more toward a kind of pasta aglio e olio with roasted kale instead of parsley (I suppose I could still throw in some italian parsley anyway) just because I really wanted to top off the herb crusted salmon with some balsamic glaze, and I think it would be better suited with a simple garlic and oil sauce, nahmsayin homie? also think the bread crumbs that would inevitably flake into the pasta would be better in a pasta of that style. still might do the broccoli instead because god damn roasted broccoli and salmon is a match made in heaven, and broccoli is also awesome with balsamic.

>>8881588
I'm not a fan of baking salmon either, really. but I can't think of a better way to get the bread crumbs on top to adhere to the fish. obviously can't be flipping it.

>>8881615
this sounds really fucking awesome but damn that's gotta be too rich if I really want the salmon to be the star of the dish. I don't want something like creme fraiche or gorg/prosciutto to run over the flavor of the salmon. I still definitely want to try that recipe though.
>>
>>8881628
see that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. a real simple, light sauce. that would especially be good to maybe offset the richness of the salmon. fuck. I don't know what I want to do.
>>
>>8881672
>I don't want something like creme fraiche or gorg/prosciutto to run over the flavor of the salmon.

I mad now, you fucking retard. You gawdamn fucking idiot want to put broccoli, kale, balsamic, parmesan, carbonara sauce and what not over it and then you say creme fraiche would run over the flavor? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard re cooking. To put it plain and simply, you have no taste. Stick to recipes you fucking idiot.
>>
>>8881696
I don't want to put parm and carbonara sauce on it tho. just garlic, oil, some kale or broccoli in the pasta, and a drizzle of balsamic. I even said I liked your recipe, I just think it's way too heavy for what I'm trying to do.

calm down phamily. your input was appreciated.
>>
>>8881718
I didn't make this post >>8881696, and the gorg suggestion wasn't for your current dish, just a suggestion on a variation on the base. It is rich fwiw. Post results.
>>
>>8881525
Wine sauce with lemon zest, capers & parsley.
>>
>>8881905
if I had an iphone or something like it, I'd be posting OC threads every other day. all I have is a shitty digital camera that eats batteries and takes dark ass pictures, but I'll make a thread in a few days when I get the ingredients to do this.
>>
>>8881525
I'm partial to broiled garlic herb and butter salmon served with a light pesto and garlic bread. Maybe with tapenade as an antipasto.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.