[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food trucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: truck.png (24KB, 795x497px) Image search: [Google]
truck.png
24KB, 795x497px
Food truck season is here for me. I'll be working on a Greek food truck slinging gyros and souvlaki for hours.
Who else works on a food truck?
Who likes food trucks?
What's your favorite food truck?
Have any memorable food truck experiences?
>>
>>8881249
What city are you in? Does the guy who owns it work on the truck as well?
>>
All my city got is burrito/taco trucks. A rare food truck in town is a papaya truck. That's about it.
>>
>>8881318
Denver. Sometimes. He's got a lot of other stuff going on in his life so he's usually only on the line when we're understaffed.
>>
>>8881249
I am the owner/operator of a startup mobile food trailer and catering business. I am 9 days away from obtaining my final permit that will allow me to operate in downtown area of my city.
>>
>>8881409
that's exciting! what kind of food do you offer?
>>
>>8881249
My wife makes and sells homemade tamales and fresh tortillas which are pretty popular locally. We've thought about doing a Mexican food truck but are too nervous to put down so much money. There are a few hipster food trucks here but it hasn't taken off in my city that much, at least to my knowledge.
>>
>>8881249
My dad has a pizza truck and I went to work with him oftenly
God damn this job is boring as fuck and at the end of the service you have to deal with homeless fucks begging you for free pizza but it's some pretty good money to be made.
>>
>>8881479
where do you operate from?
>>8881494
>oftenly
:^)
at the event we work at we're not allowed to give food to homeless people. we're also not allowed to sell glass bottles anymore because of degenerates breaking them kek.
>>
>>8881464
It's honestly a glorified hot dog cart. I feature a selection of locally made grilled sausages and (really fucking good) hot dogs, local bread, local craft mustard, and a nice selection of house made and fresh toppings.
>>
File: UncleFredsFoods.jpg (512KB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
UncleFredsFoods.jpg
512KB, 633x475px
>>8881249
Been spending the last few summers in this joint selling burgers, fries, onion rings, corn dogs, etc.
We travel mostly to county fairs, and a couple music festivals. It's good money, and the people I work with are all buddies of mine. Would recommend.
>>
>>8881944
I also bought a smaller sidewalk style cart. It will have a scaled back menu, but with the same high quality hotdogs, bread, and condiments.

Both pieces of equipment are licensed differently, which permits them to operate in different locations and times around my city.
>>
>>8881464
It is very exciting, thank you. I have been working on this project for several months now. It's been a lot of fun and extremely educational. That said, I am totally ready to wrap this stage up and get outside to sell some hotdogs.
>>
>>8881957
Looks like fun! I wish I would have had the balls to buy something like that 20 years ago instead of wasting my time at art school.
>>
I did fish and chips out of a double decker bus last year.

Pretty much the same thing as a food truck aside from the fact that the bus didn't move.
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8881944
This is my grill trailer and van. I'm adding signage and vinyl graphics next week.
>>
>>8882016
Hell, I don't own it, I just work in it. It's actually owned by the father of my high school calculus teacher, who got me the job.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.