[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Meat Extravaganza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 816e4e41f00c.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
816e4e41f00c.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
For the whole of April me and housemate went veggie as a chance for culinary adventure and alternative cooking. And now as it's finally the end I'll share what I learned, and maybe anonmate will later too if the threads still alive. Also AMA.

>Vegetarian sucks
>Quorn is by far the best meat substitute
>Imitation chicken pieces are by far the worst
>Your meals are likely going to consist of beans/pulses for both flavour and texture
>McDonald's Veggie Deluxe sucks ass
>Food tastes weird without Worcestershire sauce
>Culinary expectations will fail miserably
>Nothing can compare to that succulent nourishing texture of meat
>You're probably going to eat more cheese
>Fast food options are gonna suck without meat

>Vegetarian sucks
>>
>>8878441
To be honest, it sounds like you can't really cook and spent most of your time trying to find meat substitutes rather than learn how to actually make meals out of vegetables.

I made a marinara sauce this morning with fresh roma tomatoes, bay leaves, garlic, onion, basil, kalamata olives, salt and sugar. It's thick enough you could just eat it with a fork. I also julienned (with a peeler) 2x squash and 2x zucchini, tossed in salt and pepper, and cooked in oil on the side, combining with sauce when done.

I'm not a vegetarian but there are plenty of things you could make. Also, just an idea but maybe don't go to fast food burger joints and expect good veggie options?
>>
>>8878505
It's the lack of meat that really killed my drive for cooking. I'm a better baker anyway.
>>
Op can't cook lmao
>>
>>8878441
Why does reddit use "AMA" instead of the 4chan established "ask me anything" ?
>>
>>8878441
You can't replace meat in cooking. Food gets boring as fuck. Beans can only get you so far.
>>8878541
Fuck off retard
>>
>>8878441

Something about that vegetable face gives me the heebie-jeebies. Please delete.
>>
>>8879483
It reminds me of Robin Williams and I don't know why
>>
File: 1309458030211.png (97KB, 339x296px) Image search: [Google]
1309458030211.png
97KB, 339x296px
Learn to cook holy shit.

>Not making curry
>Not making chili
>Not making pasta
>Eating fast food
>Eating meat subsitutes

Literally how do you fuck up so badly. I'm fucking baffled.
>>
>>8878441
desu you're a faggot. Used to give up meat for lent. Never had any major problems aside from accidentally eating a cookie or something.
>>
>>8879502
>aside from accidentally eating a cookie
Do you normally put meat in your cookies?
>>
>>8879498
We did all 3 of those things. And some fuck is probably going to come along as say 'it's not chilli' because it didn't have meat
>>
>>8879517
THEN HOW DID YOU FUCK IT UP I DON'T UNDERSTAND
>>
>>8879492

It reminds me of something nightmarish from when I was a kid.
>>
Don't eat fake meat. It's fucking terrible. If you're going vegetarian you just need to accept that you have to think a little differently about the way you eat. There is no "meat and a side or two" anymore. And there shouldn't be. I can't speak for vegans, but being vegetarian is incredibly easy. Learn to love cheese, beans, eggs, tofu (on occasion), and other non-meat proteins. And stop eating so much fucking fast food.

I eat vegetarian because I got da gout and meat is literally poisonous to me. But I'll be damned if the one burger I have every month or two is going to be a steaming turd from McDonald's. Treat yourself better.
>>
>>8878505
yea this, from what im reading you were intentionally undermining the experience. you are right, meats give visceral experiences that feel satisfying and nourishing. but vegetarian food isnt void of that, but requires perspective first, instead of trying to shoehorn

the 1 factor i think is necessary that is surprisingly rare in the populace, is an actual love for vegetables
>>
You're going the wrong route if you're constantly looking for meat substitutes. Nothing will ever replace meat so you're always going to be disappointed.

Vegetarianism, in my opinion, is stupid but anyone can benefit from eating more veggies.
>>
>>8878441
I've been vegetarian for 20 years.

>Quorn is by far the best meat substitute

This is absolutely 100% spot-on. Cover some quorn products in a sauce and a lot of people would be fooled.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.