[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pck/ Pickling General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Photo on 4-30-17 at 7.09 PM.jpg (246KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-30-17 at 7.09 PM.jpg
246KB, 1080x720px
Just did these jalapeños at pic related o'clock. They're already fucking delicious.
>>
I've been meaning to pickle some beets. Haven't done it since I was a kid. Hope I don't get sick and die.
>>
i can like an insane person, i need to get into pickling

any good sites or blogs you can recommend to get started?
>>
>>8878385
what's with the brown parts?
anyway, I've been experimenting off and on. You have a good recipe?
>>
>>8878402
Yeah, I didn't see that until after canning. That's what you get for shopping at Kroger. It's where the pepper has started going bad.

I pickle eggs, cucumbers, peppers, okra, green tomatoes, and sausage. What recipe would you like?

>>8878401
I've been pickling for a few years now. I Googled recipes at the time, and have since tweaked them to my taste, so unfortunately I cannot.

>>8878392
People go wild for beets, but I can't stand them. Godspeed, regardless.
>>
>>8878435
>I pickle eggs, cucumbers, peppers, okra, green tomatoes, and sausage. What recipe would you like?

cucumbers would be cool, thx

I'll compare it to mine
>>
how are the best pickles done? water bath canning? lacto ferment? other?

i want to make good crunchy pickles.. soft ones can suck an egg
>>
>>8878535
yeah and no alum pls thx
>>
>>8878523
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 tbs kosher salt
1 tsp minced dried garlic
1⁄4 tsp yellow mustard seeds
A few whole peppercorns
1/8 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp dill seed
1/4 tsp pinch dill weed
1/8 tsp turmeric
1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
1 tbs of red pepper OR sliced peppers of desired intensity (I used habaneros last time, as evident in
>>8878435) if you like them spicy.

Combine water, vinegar, salt, and peppers and bring to a boil. Pour over washed cucumbers and other spices. Refrigerate for a week.
>>
>>8878582
FUCK.

1 1/2 cups of white vinegar***
>>
>>8878547
>>8878535
Alum gives you cancer. I would never use that shit. I've never had a problem with my pickles being soft- they always have a good crunch to them. I don't do anything special to them. I do know that English cucumbers don't pickle so well, so cut that shit out if you're using them.

Here are some more pickles I did, these with fresno pepper strips instead of habanero rings.
>>
>>8878547
>>8878595

what about calcium chloride?
>>
>tfw favorite type of pickles are raw green Asian mangos
>tfw my mom knows how to make them

I need to ask her how to make them.
>>
>>8878582
I might give it a try without the dill seed and allspice
I have found so far that no matter what recipe you use, if you start with garden fresh cucs the result should be good
*one thing - why 1 week for refrigeration? most recipes say 2 at minimum
>>
>>8878611
Your mom sounds awesome anon.
>>
>>8878613
She's great. She makes them plenty spicy as well.

I've heard of people pickling watermelon rinds - how do those taste?
>>
>>8878612
To be honest, because I'm impatient and I start eating them after a week. You are right, though; the flavor isn't entirely developed. Still, they're good enough and they only get better as time goes on.

Some pickled eggs I did with jalapeños, habaneros, garlic cloves, and onions.
>>
>>8878595
i put tannins into mine (i also homebrew so its handy) and they help. you can use grape leaves or blackberry leaves as a natural sort of substitute
>>
Whenever I make pickled eggs (in beets) the outsides are always very dark. The insides are a bright pink shade like they should be though.

How can I make the outside a brighter shade of pink?
>>
Anyone know how to make those delicious Japanese pickles?
>>
>>8878625
these look so fucking goooood
>>
>>8878625
Those look real good anon
>>
>>8878672
>>8878684
Thanks anons
>>
Pickled sausages and hot dogs. These are very vinegary. I'm always tweaking this recipe, trying to get it closer to Penrose pickled sausages. Never can replicate them, unfortunately.
>>
>>8878385
this looks like the pic where the kid's parents are lighting up the "20" candles and he is clearly about to blow his brain out
>>
>>8878582
I use a very similar recipe for pickling cucumbers and green beans, only I use fresh dill instead of dried. Always turns out delicious.
>>
>>8878650
Less beets. More solution.
>>
>>8878775
id eat every bean off her body
>>
>>8878622
If you get the recipe, would you mind posting it up here?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.