[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spaghetti recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1482067674336.jpg (47KB, 552x719px) Image search: [Google]
1482067674336.jpg
47KB, 552x719px
I want to make a spaghetti that can be kept in the freezer and reheated whenever i need to. Anyone knows any recipes? Also what side dishes go well with spaghetti in a lunch meal?
>>
When in doubt, a simple tomato sauce works.
> 1 can of chopped tomatoes
> 2 medium onions
> butter
> Oregano
Chop the onions and fry in butter until translucent, pour in chopped tomatoes, add as much Oregano as desired and blend if wanted smooth. Easy to vary it up by adding chillies or meats.
>>
>>8875224
>no garlic

Don't listen to this stupid fagaloid.
>>
>>8875224
That is an absolute fuckload of onion. Far too much, you need like 1/2 of a medium sized onion at most, and I don't even dice them, just simmer them in the sauce. The taste of onion should be a whisper, not a shout, in a tomato sauce.
>>
>>8875224
Great onion sauce with a little of tomatoes, no garlic, salt or pepper.
>>
File: 2933.jpg (193KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2933.jpg
193KB, 1920x1152px
>>8875381
b-but muh homemade is superior! I can control the ingredients!
>>
>>8874667
>>8874667
>pot on the stove medium flame + olive oil in the pan,
>1 onion, chopped into small bits + 1 clove of garlic
[If you want to make it a bolognaise, add your ground beef/pork here, when meat is broken down and cooked, drain the excess oil/fat from the pot]
>cook until onion is soft, NOT BROWN, it can't have a dominant onion flavor
>add in 2 cans of tomatoes(pref chopped) + big table spoon of tomato puree
>teaspoon of sugar/honey
>oregano/basil to flavour + some salt/pepper

simmer for like half an hour on low heat with a lid, it will create these fucked up bubbles that splatter sauce everywhere.

If you want to pimp it, you can always add other vegetables when you're frying the onion, i sometimes add in mushroom and chicken with the onions, and some cream + chickenstock(cube) in the end for a creamy mushroom chicken pasta.

As for storing it, store in plastic bags, PORTIONED! So you can reheat it in a pot of warm water everytime you need some sauce.

As for side dishes, if you make a good sauce then some garlic bread is godly, although garlic breath at work sucks and this IS for lunch.. So maybe just some bread. Although a spaghetti usually is carbs, protein and meat/vegetables.. so wondering why you need a sidedish.
>>
>>8875501

The lid is gread for preventing a mess, but I'd rather let it cook down a bit for intense flavor.
>>
>>8875224
>butter
>not olive oil
>no garlic
>a shitload of onion
Never cook.
>>
>>8875545
>He doesn't know that before the olive oil meme everybody cooked with butter and it's what Hazan generally recommends
laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>8875381
You realise that depends on the tomato can size? I guess that Anon meant a large can.

>>8875224
>>8875501
A mix of these two, no sugar/honey needed if your tomatoes aren't crap.

>>8874667
You can freeze sauce, not pasta. They'd be grossly overcooked and mushy.
>>
>>8875224
Does it have to be from a can? Isn't there a way to make it with regular tomatoes?
>>
>>8875545
>hating on butter and onions
It's like you hate taste
The lack of garlic is unforgivable though
>>
>>8875684
Onions are great but I stand corrected and honestly forgot to mention garlic which I normally pile on.
>>
>>8875381
Starting to think my size description may have been off, but then again I love onions.
>>
>>8875666
Of course there is but it's a chore.
>>
Is there a certain tomatoes that is best for sauce?

Is basil, rosemary, any other good too add? I have fresh herbs and Italian dry seasoning.
>>
>>8874667
>I want to make a spaghetti that can be kept in the freezer and reheated whenever i need to
Make a baked ziti casserole.
Refrigerate leftovers 3-4 hours.
Cut into squares, and portion into freezer ziplocs. Remove a square and nuke 4-5 minutes until thawed and warm in the center.
Fancymode: lasagna
>>
>>8877011
What's the process? I'm willing to do chores
>>
>>8878088
Peel and seed tomatoes, simmer for an hour or three.
>>
>>8878088
boil the tomatoes for like 30 seconds and transfer them to ice water. Peel them and then put them in a pot and mash them up with your hands and then stew them for a long time.
>>
>>8874667
you can't freeze cooked spaghetti I guess
but you can freeze the sauce that'll work out jsut great
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.