[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How thinly should I slice apples if I want to dehydrate them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4905.jpg (440KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4905.jpg
440KB, 1080x1920px
How thinly should I slice apples if I want to dehydrate them? Pic related it's the apples. Also I took the skin off was that a good idea
>>
Is that little baby paring knife the tool you used to cut them?
Do you not own a proper Chef Knife?
Are you sure those are apples? They look like potato.
Dehydrated potato doesn't taste very good. Better to fry. Do you own a deep fryer?
>>
>>8873452
getting them even thinner will cut back a lot on your dehydration time. This will do, but I personally make'm about half as thin, with a REALLY sharp, and longer chef's knife.
>>
>>8873468
I don't have a deep fryer because I'm too poor, I peeled the apples. I used a paring knife because it's apples. It is not potatoes because it is apples.
>>
>>8873491
Thanks! I made some of them paper thin but it wasn't super consistent. About half were transparent though
>>
>>8873452
not bad for using a paring knife, but yeah get a chef knife to make cutting easier, and consistant

you got your answer for thickness already
>>
>>8873452
That thickness will work. Here's a tip if you have a car that you can expose to hot sun. Spread them out on drying trays and put the trays on the front and back shelves of the car. Dries super fast. We do it with hot peppers and tomatoes in the summer every year. No cost. Sure you get strange looks in the parking lot of the grocery with the trays there, but more pity to them.
>>
>>8873669
Your car probably smells like shit.
>>
>>8874023
>car smells like shit because veg drying

Lel, that's what they make windows for. But seriously, it just smells like vegetables drying, not even fermentation. How could that be similar to a shit smell? I think one of the best tests of a worthy woman would be to pick her up on a date with vegetable drying trays in your car and see their reaction. You know rather quickly whether the date will work and can save a meal cost. Not only that, but a woman worth her salt will know the value of it and the value of the man behind it.
>>
>>8874106
>value of the man behind it
This dude thinks he'll get laid for drying vegetables in his car
>>
>>8874119
>get laid from drying veg in the car

No, but find a compatible person for more than a couple nights.
>>
>>8873452
>>8873669
OP how are you going to dehydrate yours?
>>
>>8873518
>I don't have a deep frier
you own a dehydrator but you don't own a pot?
>>
>>8874175
When did he say he owns a dehydrator?
>>
>>8874168
Also curious
>>
>>8874175
He might just, you know, let them dry in the sun. Outside.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.