[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best temperature to store fresh pizza?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0184.jpg (258KB, 1240x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0184.jpg
258KB, 1240x698px
Say that I pick up pizza on my way home from work and the wife is still soon to be off work. What temperature could I set my oven to to keep it warm without over cooking it?

Picked related. Rate my favorite pizza.
>>
dominos tastes like garlicky cardboard

kys
>>
File: IMG_0187.png (811KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.png
811KB, 640x1136px
>>8870634
Try again.
>>
>>8870610
The lowest possible one.
>>
>>8870610
Min 135 max 200 if you're just trying to keep it warm
>>
>>8870610
how long until your wife's son gets home?
>>
>>8870610
Don't bother trying to keep it warm. Reheat the pieces in a frying pan for your wife when she comes back.
>>
>>8871107
>HAHAHAHA LE EBIG CUK MEEM, DO I FIT IN YET?

>>8870610
Also OP, I think you're better of letting it cool and then reheat when she arrives, lest you risk it going a bit on the stale side.
>>
>>8870610
>wife
THAT'S FUNNY
>>
>>8870987
>>8871097
>>8871111
>>8871125
I appreciate the input. For those suggesting it - how is reheating preferable to just keeping it warm? Even in an oven, would it be more of a heat lamp effect?

>>8871652
You're right. She's actually my girlfriend. Still a ball and chain, nonetheless.
>>
>>8871125
Where you cucked as a child?
>>
>>8872117
>how is reheating preferable to just keeping it warm?
It stays fresh longer obviously. Bacteria love heat.
>>
>>8872117
you're from reddit aren't you?
That's a genuine question, people don't call their girlfriends "the wife" on here
>>
>>8872129
Bacteria don't generally live in temperatures greater than 140F. So, is above 140F too high of a temperature? Plus, letting it sit, then reheating will allow bacteria to grow whilst sitting. And it's certainly not going in the fridge for that time period. Not trying to be argumentative, just digging for more facts.

>>8872130
Not even close. I maybe visited Reddit once when I first heard about it and never went back. 4chan is my homeland; born and raised. We never say that on here either, though.
>>
>>8872146
If you keep the temperature too high then the food will keep cooking and the taste / consistency will change. It depends on how long you want to store the food really.

>allow bacteria to grow whilst sitting.
Put it in the fridge m8
>>
>>8872117
Keeping it hot in the oven is probably ok for a very short amount of time but it's going to dry it out fairly quickly too. When I say shirt amount if time, I personally wouldn't keep it warm like that for more than 15 minutes or so
>>
Lol you can't overcook pizza short of burning it. Go with a high temp. Lower temperatures will dry out the pizza before it warms all the way through.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.