[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ feel about the gianduja kouign amann at chanson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: img_2290.jpg (155KB, 640x494px) Image search: [Google]
img_2290.jpg
155KB, 640x494px
How does /ck/ feel about the gianduja kouign amann at chanson? Great idea or gilding the lily?
>>
>>8869591
>kouign amann
shit is hard to make

some areas of mine rose nicely, the rest was a multilayered mushed butter soaked brick
>>
I make these at the bakery I work at, one the few that does in the area I live. It took a looooong fucking time to get the technique right but now they come out goddamn boss every time. I don't really get how people eat these tho. Too fuckin rich, and we have customers who will eat two or three.
>>8869614

Could be several things. If I'd had to hazard a guess, I'd say your letting the dough get too hot while your laminating it, and it's causing the butter to pool in weird places?

How much of a proof are you putting on them? I've found that they bake better with a fairly low proofing time, too proofed and they get weird.
>>
>>8869644
>How much of a proof are you putting on them? I've found that they bake better with a fairly low proofing time, too proofed and they get weird.

i think this is what may have messed it up. i tend to let anything with yeast proof far longer than it should

and yeah it is really rich
>>
>>8869591
I love kouign amann, had some in San Malo, Brittany and they were heavenly.

Probably one of my favourite pastries, it's a shame I can't find anywhere that makes them in my city and I can't bake for shit, regardless of how strictly I follow the recipes it always fucks up.
>>
>>8869591
>gianduja
Why add that? Brittany language sounded too Celtic and some Italian had to be added? Butter bread wasn't rich enough?

Also what kind of place is called "song" in French?
>>
File: Jeanne_D_Arc_4.jpg (107KB, 750x549px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne_D_Arc_4.jpg
107KB, 750x549px
>>8872561
>Bretons invented butter
>butter is a Breton word
Lol
>>
For me it's the cronut
>>
>>8869614
My first cursory read of this post had me thinking you used rose water.
Now I really need a rosewater kouign amann.
>>
>>8869591
¿Qué?
>>
>>8872678
Never said butter was Breton. I'm pretty sure "kouign amann" is Breton and "gianduja" is Italian.
Did you had one too many cider bowl or something?
>>
>>8869591
>gianduja kouign amann
My Bretons ancestors are frowning at these.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>8873117
Don't you people believe everything was invented by Bretons though? Even though everyone knows koign ammans were invented by the French?
>>8873164
You'll be pleased to know they also offer black sesame, and rhubarb jam
>m-muh cultural appropriation
>>
>>8873172
I'm French, not Breton.
Brittany is part of France, so are other regions and their respective local food and folklore. So kouign amann is both French and Breton, like crèpes.

Sure, some separatist will claim Brittany is not part of France, or that France is part of the kingdom of Brittany or something.
It's a local counterculture, they post on goth webforums and carry Breton flags in music festivals, mostly harmless. (Doesn't Texas and California talk about secession occasionally?)
>>
>>8873400
But unlike you French, the rest of the US really wishes TX would secede. CA, not so much.
>>
>>8873466
Can the US secede TX?
>>
>>8869591
>gianduja kouign amann at chanson

darmok and jalad at tanagra?

Also,
>gianduja

You mean Nutella?

Oh well, whatever, I learned a new word today.
>>
>>8873400
>Breton flags
Huh. Looks like a sort of weird little American flag. I wonder if they'd be interested in joining us to avoid being overrun by savages.

>>8873466
>the rest of the US really wishes TX would secede. CA, not so much.
No, we just wish CA's entire population would die in a giant earthquake.
>>
>>8873400
Brittany was originally an autonomous Celtic nation that was taken over during "The Mad War", so kouign amann and crepes are considered French by extension since Brittany is currently part of France but they are not really, also the fact that the French have historically suppressed Breton language and culture (up till the 1900's) has lead people to believe that it's just another region in France and that Bretons as a group of people or culture aren't a thing so people just call anything that's Breton; French.

The Breton seperatists aren't just a bunch of goths and edgy faggots at music festivals with flags, there's quite a few older folks and other normal people in the movement, it's just that goths and edgy faggots for some strange reason are drawn towards Celtic culture, probably because of the druid shit and mystical bullshit.

There's also another Breton nationalist movement that just wants the two Breton regions to be reunited if I remember correctly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.