[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use coupons when you shop for groceries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Groceries.png (2MB, 2000x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Groceries.png
2MB, 2000x1027px
Do you use coupons when you shop for groceries?
>>
nope
>>
no, I just get an automatic 5% discount on the total, from my credit card company

much easier and not embarrassing like clipping coupons and holding up the line like an asshole
>>
>>8869168
Used to when Publix accepted all coupons. My wife was one of those extreme coupon types. We' d get $1000/avg. worth of shit and most times not pay a damn thing. Felt like a rapist leaving the scene of the crime but fuck it.
>>
>>8869188
>We' d get $1000/avg. worth of shit and most times not pay a damn thing.

What? I think you're exaggerating there a bit. Did kek though.
>>
>>8869185
>Not stacking discounts
10% off + 5% off is better than just 5% off
>>
I shop at kroger and they have a decent app.
Can just load coupons onto the card and they are used automatically at checkout so it doesn't waste any time. I probably save $25 or more every trip so it's definately worth it.
>>
File: 20160903_154638.jpg (2MB, 2423x3241px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_154638.jpg
2MB, 2423x3241px
no i buy things in bulk for maximum savings

no coupon has tomatoes at $0.20/lb
>>
File: AgLp0ap.jpg (59KB, 1242x1125px) Image search: [Google]
AgLp0ap.jpg
59KB, 1242x1125px
I only really shop at kroger, and I got a kroger card so yeah. Also I almost always use the McDonald's app when I'm getting my weakly nug fix.
>>
>>8869326
Looking at the info on the box tells me this is $0.38 total for several hundred tomatoes.
This doesn't exist in america. Sorry.
>>
>>8869168
I often do. My grocery store puts stacks of coupons next to related items or straight up tapes them to the item so sometimes I'd have to go out of my way not to save money.
>>
It's literally not worth the time I would spend reading newsletters, cutting out coupons, and then being the asshole tripling the time it takes at checkout.

Besides, you save a shitton more money by cutting out as much prepackaged food from your diet as possible.
>>
>>8869227
Actually no. That was the avg. We've gotten over $2000 in one trip. That was with us ending up with a negative balance and them giving us gift cards to zero it out. Glad you got a laugh out of it though.
>>
>>8869298
i tried that, i saved a lot on about two items but the rest was just crap i didn't need , or like five cents off if you buy seventeen of this item
>>
Only for items that I use. I see a lot of coupons for stuff that I do not eat or a lot of such as 30 things of yogurt to save $1.
>>
>>8869168

I'm not a 40 year old housewife, no.
>>
>>8869168
If they have them just hanging there, yeah. It's one of the things HEB got right.
>>
>>8869443
don't feel too bad -- odds are they broke even at least when mfg paid the coupons out
>>
>>8869168
Nope, Costco doesn't take them. When I was younger and shopped at Kroger, I would use them because they were mailed to me based upon what I usually bought. But now its not really worth my effort to search out savings that are fairly minor.
>>
>>8869360
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8869168
Sometimes. I usually have the same core grocery list. The register poops out manufacturer coupons from brands of items I bought a few months ago, so I switch back and forth in phases based on those. When one of them is on sale, I stack it with those coupons. Every other month there is a magical shopping trip in which the total is 50% less. With only a stack of 5-10 of those coupons in my pocket, by fucking with the algorithms in this way, I shave $300 off my grocery bills per year. I like to feel I'm doing my part to force companies to stay price-competitive.
>>
>>8869168
You don't need coupons if you actually cook. Coupons are for garbage in boxes and cans
>>
>I shop(ped) at kroger
how to spot a flyover in one post
>>
FUCK NO
Unless you consume bulk, and even then....
DAAAMN save 55 cents if I buy 20 avocados now
This is so worth it
FIFTY FIVE
CENTS
>>
>>8869350
Peanut butter jello clock?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.