[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2359.gif (1MB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2359.gif
1MB, 480x198px
I'm completely new to cooking. The most extravagant dish I've made is a fried egg over rice . I have essentially zero knowledge of anything. One day I want to make some earth shattering dishes, where should I start? What do I need to know?
>>
I think youtube.com

look up cooking basics or something
>>
>>8866259
Go somewhere else. We're not here to teach. We're here for memes and shitposting.
>>
>>8866259
> where should I start
the Book of Five Rings
> what do I need to know
everything about food, obviously.

start by learning to identify the components of a dish by look, feel and most importantly taste
>>
File: McChicken.jpg (12KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
McChicken.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
>>8866269
/thread
>>
Just follow those TASTY guides on facebook XDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
Check out the foodwishes youtube, there's basic and complex recipes and Chef John is good at walking you through the hardest parts of a recipe.

My advice, learn to cut vegetables properly, brown your meat (don't fucking crowd it in the pan) and make your stocks from scratch.
>>
literally jump in

i cooked my first steak this week

patted it dry, salt and peppered it, put my pan on medium high and cooked each side for 4 minutes

bam tender medium rare meat
>>
Trial and error, my man. Just keep making shit that you think you'll like, fuck it up, learn from your mistakes, keep making it until it's perfect.
>>
>>8866259
>fried egg over rice
卵かけごはン is the bomb anon.
>>
>>8866259
Do you want to cook professionally?
Get a dishwashing gig and suck up to the cooks until they give you a shot at the line, you'll learn OTJ.
Do you just want to learn?
Google and youtube
>>
>>8866259
Got any foods or dishes you prefer that you want to learn to cook? Might be able to give you tips on how to prepare them.
>>
>>8866551
>look it up to have a laugh
>see pasta boiled in milk

X(|)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.