[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shirred eggs. Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: eegs.jpg (35KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
eegs.jpg
35KB, 420x315px
Shirred eggs. Discuss
>>
>>8865856
no
>>
>>8865856
WHAT THE FUCK ARE SHIRRED EGGS?
It looks tasty
>>
>>8865856

boyfriend has made them a couple times. He loads them up with scallions and paprika, mmm.
>>
>>8865865
They're baked eggs. James Bond loves them.
>>
>>8865856
Appears like a hipsterish fad that doesn't improve on traditional methods for cooking eggs at all, just adds a "fancy" presentation by presenting in individual ramekins and allows you to smile smugly when your guests ask what's this?
>>
>>8865966
This is a traditional method of cooking eggs. You are a faggot.
>>
>>8865966
That depends on how you do them. Typically some milk, cream, and/or butter is added to the dish, sometimes it is stirred into the whites a little, sometimes the yolks are broken up. Adding the cream, milk, or butter without a dish to contain it would have a different result.
I like them because of the different textures.
>>
>>8865966
Shirred eggs are a traditional method. They've been around for hundreds of years and were a common sight on middle- and upper-class breakfast tables in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

That said, OP's picture doesn't resemble the more traditional form of shirred eggs in that the eggs appear to have been beaten. Traditionally, eggs were simply broken into a (preferably shallow) earthen or china dish, and repeatedly basted with butter while in the oven. Before adding the eggs, the dish was frequently (but not always) lined with things like ham, foie gras, forcemeat, etc. This makes for a more substantial dish.
>>
>>8865876
are you gay? or is it true that most of this board is female?
>>
>>8866051
that's what the traps want you to think.
>>
So, a quiche?
>>
>>8866051

gayer than a sailor on shore leave. my hubby feeds me so good though. He's a sous chef and makes the most delicious dishes. Thank god my metabolism can handle it now but in 5 years, I might need a gym membership!
>>
>>8866093

Also, shirred eggs go well with shredded parsnips and roasted bell pepper (red only, everything else is pleb-tier)

Fuck, I'm going to ask him to make some shirred eggs for breakfast!
>>
>>8866093
So jealous - but I wouldn't order this in a restaurant, too much margin for error
>>
>>8866093
I dont think metabolism get worse with age?
>>
>>8866200

I don't know but it's what I hear everywhere

"Oh when I was younger I could eat 3 square meals and not gain an ounce now if I so much as look at chocolate I gain weight!"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.