[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help. I'm in serious need of recipes with bell peppers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (16KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 260x194px
I need help. I'm in serious need of recipes with bell peppers in them. I need to learn to like the weird little shits
>>
I wasn't crazy about them either until I had them in fajitas my dude.
>>
>>8862873

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17550/red-pepper-soup/
>>
>>8862885
Im told those retarded tomatoes are super good raw but I can't get used to them
>>
>>8862873
They make a great garnish if you do a neato spiral cut on them around the core.

Beyond that, make stuffed peppers. Easy as shit, just lop the top off and gut it, then cook rice and a protein of your choice, stuff that shit at bake at about 300-350 for about 30 minutes. It's an easy dish and also an easy way to learn to appreciate bell peppers.

You can also stuff hot peppers like jalapenos and habaneros which is great for snacks or hourdourves.
>>
bell pepper and steak stir fry, but don't add steak soon, you'll get used to peppers.
>>
>>8862895
Stuffed peppers makes the pepper mushy and disgusting. The only way to eat large bits of peppers is cooked fast and hot. Stirfry or fajita style. I do like them mushy but only minced into things like sloppy joe, chili soup, and pasta sauce. You can hide them that way for nutrition
>>
>>8862873
Stir-fry or fajitas are the best bets. However, I don't like them cooked nearly as much as I like them raw. Try especially anything other than green. Green are good too but if you don't like them it's *more probable* you will like the other colors.
>>
>>8862873
I toss red and green bel peppers into everything. Other than onions, garlic, and possibly ginger, they're my most used items in cooking other than spices. Stir frys, curries, fajitas, omelettes, chili, raw, hummus, stuffed peppers, so many possibilities.
>>
>>8862873
Fajitas

Fry chicken with fajita flavor packet (look in spice section, test out which brands you like. They are super cheap)
Then add onions and bell peppers and put that shit on low
Cook until veg is soft, serve with tortillas

cheap, filling, tasty
Also really good drunk food if you fry it all up as a quesadilla
>>
>>8862873
try hungarian cuisine in general. they use lots of hot peppers too
>>
>>8862900
That's not bell peppers and beef, Jet.
>>
>>8862873
Look up a Cajun cuisine cookbook OP. Their holy trinity are onions, celery, and bell peppers.
>>
cut in chunks, bake them in your oven, toss them in oil/chopped garlic mixture, add some chilies and a lot of greens(parsley, dill, coriander) and stir it. let it cool over night in the fridge, done!
the important part is to use a lot of oil, and a LOT of garlic. also, it needs way more salt than you'd anticipate, but salt to your own preference.

really good if you mix up your veg: eggplant, mushrooms and the bell peppers.
>>
>>8863729
>Then add onions and bell peppers and put that shit on low
>Cook until veg is soft, serve with tortillas

Or don't be a fag and just add the vegetables as soon as the chicken/beef has picked up colour and eat the onions lightly scorched and soft and the peppers still half firm.
>>
>>8863926
Whatever floats your boat cunt
>>
Burn them and peel them like pic related. Add a liiiiil bit of salt and they'll be perfect.
After that you can also add vinegar and garlic and you have a nice salad.
>>
File: pepper-butter sauce.jpg (132KB, 1304x596px) Image search: [Google]
pepper-butter sauce.jpg
132KB, 1304x596px
>>
>>8863736
>>8863761
there are my personal favorite uses for red bell

Also OP, why do you NEED to learn how to like them?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.