[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used to be a...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

File: Used to be a pizza hut.jpg (72KB, 638x401px) Image search: [Google]
Used to be a pizza hut.jpg
72KB, 638x401px
There's a thread on /tv/ about what different Blockbuster video stores turned into after the company went belly up.

That got me thinking about all the reused restaurants that have a very unique facades that people recognize right away. Post any former pizza huts ( or any other former restaurant) near you.

pic related - Nearby used car dealership with the iconic roof that gives away the fact that it was a Pizza Hut at one time.
>>
>it's a /tv/ shitposter episode
>>
>>8858960
The one near is also a used car dealersgip. But honestly just google former puzza guts. There is a website literally dedicated to it.
>>
>>8858960

My local police department took over a mcdonalds
>>
>>8858960
https://usedtobeapizzahut.blogspot.com/
>>
File: pioneer.jpg (238KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pioneer.jpg
238KB, 1024x768px
>>8858998
I've been to that site and it's kinda dead. Last update was August 2016. It doesn't have to be just Pizza huts though, there's a bunch of repurposed Original Taco Bells out there. Also, there's an old franchise named Pioneer Chicken that left behind some identifiable signs.
>>
>>8859019
>My local police department took over a mcdonalds
..Before or after it closed?

>>8858960
We had a local chinese buffet place that stayed open for like 15 years then closed. Then an Italian buffet opens in it's place. Now it's a Greek/Indian buffet. Funny thing is the original Chinese owners had just spent a lot of money and time remodeling the building before they closed up.
>>
Here's the old Pizza Hut from my old hometown.
They completely redid the building, it used to have a big glass window on the street side of the dining room. Don't remember when it closed down, I think it was around 2006.
>>
>>8859261
Continuing, here's the old nearby Outback Steakhouse. Pretty sure this closed down after the Pizza Hut because I have more recent memories of going there (more recent still meaning ~8 years ago). Going to try and think of whatever other places closed down that my parents used to take me to because this is fun.
>>
>>8859283
The red building here used to be an Applebees. That probably closed down recently since I remember going there in high school once. Guess they couldn't compete with Buffalo Wild Wings next door.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (169KB, 1520x702px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
169KB, 1520x702px
This was a Skippers.
The building on the left is an addition.
The sign was a tilted anchor.
>>
File: 4152936765_338ab638e1_b.jpg (348KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4152936765_338ab638e1_b.jpg
348KB, 1024x768px
Used to be a nazi substation
>>
File: 281.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>8859387
>>
>>8859387
Did they keep the original ovens?
>>
>>8858960

THIS WAS A PIZZA HUT

NOW IT'S ALL COVERED WITH DAISIES
>>
>>8859387
I heard theyre building a starbucks in auschwitz, right next to the gift shop
>>
File: Used to be a Carls Jr.jpg (53KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Used to be a Carls Jr.jpg
53KB, 640x400px
>>8859283
that facade seems really out of place next to that parking structure but it's cool that they didn't just tear it down. destroying the building to build a new one seems to be the current trend these days.

This used to be Carl's Jr.
>>
File: hotchick.jpg (133KB, 1080x435px) Image search: [Google]
hotchick.jpg
133KB, 1080x435px
if you see a building with an A-frame roof, there's a good chance it used to be a Wienerschnitzel
>>
>>8859019
Taken out of context, I'm imagining a bunch of fat cops in battle rattle storming a McDonalds and capturing it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.