[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The horror the horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1344.jpg (90KB, 864x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1344.jpg
90KB, 864x1300px
Decided to reward myself for my birthday. Bought 3 pounds of NY strip from Walmart.
>Group of grills in uni kitchen staring at me as I fumble with salt pepper & olive oil
>sweatyanxiousguy.jpg
> as soon as I put steak on skillet, smoke immediately floods kitchen
>girls start coughing uncontrollably, run out of kitchen
>flip to other side, have to cover face
>incredibly loud smoke alarm comes on
>entire residence hall evacuates
>cont.
>>
File: pepe77.png (154KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
pepe77.png
154KB, 300x289px
this is what you get for not using grapeseed
>>
File: disgust2.jpg (205KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
disgust2.jpg
205KB, 2000x1000px
>>8850597
>NY strip
>>
File: IMG_1345.jpg (135KB, 750x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1345.jpg
135KB, 750x924px
>15 minutes in cold ass parking lot everybody loudly complaining knows it was me
>fucking fire truck shows up
>FUCK
>20 minutes later we go back inside
>stealthily take skillet and speed walk to dorm

>steak was delicious
>>
>>8850597
>in uni
>uni

Quit typing like a British faggot
>>
I turned the fan on and only seared the front for 2.5 minutes other side for 1 on high heat then threw it in the oven @ 300 for 3 minutes.

What did I do wrong?
I've got a shit ton of other raw food, I'm actually debating just throwing it away as I can't take this much embarrassment again
>>
File: IMG_1272.png (764KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1272.png
764KB, 1334x750px
>>8850609
>University

You're welcome
>>
>>8850601
What would you have preferred? Got a pretty good deal - porterhouse would have been much more expensive
>>
>>8850617
Porterhouse
>>
>>8850611
>What did I do wrong?

Failure to understand and recognize the smoke point of your oil.

Look here: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/cooking-fats-101-whats-a-smoke-point-and-why-does-it-matter.html

Safflower oil is an excellent all around oil for cooking, and even for salads, as it's neutral flavored and has a high smoke point.

The ideal time to add your steak is when the oil is starting to shimmer in the pan and barely starting to smoke. When you add your protein, it will sear properly, and cool down the pan to prevent major smoking.

Using the sear / sear to oven method works best with thick steaks, but if you insist on doing it with shitty grocery store specials, sear both sides, jam it in the oven at 350, than pull it after 1 minute and let it rest, and you should be close to medium rare.
>>
>>8850639
I didn't put oil in pan, I just oiled the steaks so that seasoning would stick.

I personally blame the weak kitchen fans - will get safflower if there is a next time..
>>
>>8850639
>mfw I literally chose the worst oil

Would vegetable oil work okay for steak?
Thanks
>>
File: Red.jpg (32KB, 375x488px) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
32KB, 375x488px
>>8850647
>I just oiled the steaks

Exactly.

>if

Quit being a pussy.

Cooking for skinny college bitches is among the easiest ways to get them chasing after your cock.

Do it again, and keep doing it until you get it right.

I'll be expecting full updates.
>>
>>8850660
>Would vegetable oil work okay for steak?

Yes, but safflower works better and doesn't leave any flavors on the steak the way vegetable oil can. Peanut and safflower are the way to go.
>>
>>8850680
thanks red

This was definitely the last time I use olive oil on high heat - will use peanut next time
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.