[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nutritional yeast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: nutritional yeast.jpg (115KB, 716x599px) Image search: [Google]
nutritional yeast.jpg
115KB, 716x599px
What do you think about nutrititional yeast?
Do you eat it on a regular base?

Personally sometimes I binge on it and after a while I cant't stand it anymore till I crave it again. I guess it's because of the B Vitamins it contains.
>>
File: nutritional-yeast.jpg (87KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
nutritional-yeast.jpg
87KB, 653x490px
>>8847694
/ck/ doesn't eat nutritional yeast flakes?
>>
It's decent on pizza, and I've used it in a recipe for vegan Alfredo sauce.
>>
>>8847694
probably from over excited neurons. it's good stuff but it can get too much.
it's the least sexiest brain food, probably why it's not as shilled as acai or whatever these days
>>
>>8847744
How is it connected to over excited neurons? Because of the B vitamins? It only ontains B 1,2 and 6 tho.

>>8847737
I've never tried it on pizza. Usually I just use it on bread or put some flakes over my meals. I thought you shouldn't heat them?
>>
>>8847760
>How is it connected
It's the MSG anon
>>
>>8849046
Nutritional yeast =/= yeast extract
>>
Does it give you the shits like unfiltered beer?
>>
>>8847694
sure, I like to mooch some nooch. I sprinkle it on my goza.
>>
Sgood on popcorn with cayenne
>>
Extremely underrated food. I wish I had more ideas about how to use it.
>>
File: jsb.png (109KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jsb.png
109KB, 300x300px
snooch to it
>>
>>8849117
Hell yeah.
>>
>>8849130
I'm going to email Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith about sponsoring a Snoochie Noochies brand nutritional yeast.
>>
I feed it to springtails
>>
File: 47045.jpg (129KB, 1368x890px) Image search: [Google]
47045.jpg
129KB, 1368x890px
>>8849139
I'd eat that.
>>
I pour a shit ton of it on rice with butter and soy sauce. Good shit
>>
I adore it. It's great on popcorn or to make a fake alfredo sauce.

One of my favorite things is to roast a bunch of veggies and chickpeas that have tossed in olive oil, nutritional yeast, and whatever spices I'm feeling at the time.

It's also good sprinkled on to kale when making kale chips.
>>
>>8849488
Change the butter with some veggies and I'm in.
>>
File: bill oreilly.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bill oreilly.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>eating nutritional yeast for the vitamins

This is retarded. Nutritional yeast has no vitamins in it naturally, they are supplementally injected into it during processing. You might as well but a vitamin supplement at the drug store you'll get more out of it
>>
>>8849706
It is rich on B1,B2 and B6 without adding anything
before you attempt to shitpost: do your homework anon
>>
I add it to my roux when making mushroom gravy
>>
>>8849175
You have some healthy springtails then. Why do you keep them? Reptiles?
>>
>>8847694
I add it to my breakfest. Put it on a buttered bread.
>>
>>8847694
Stir it in your soup. It gives a nice creamy taste and if you add it after the cooking there are also health benefits.
>>
>>8849046
What is he difference between those 2?
>>
>>8847694
>nutrititional yeast
Isn't that when you have sex and you can still smell her on your dick like 8 hours later
>>
>>8851683
Virginboy you shouldn't talk about things you don't understand.
>>
>>8849932
never added it to roux
could be nice
then again, you shuldn't heat it if you eat it for health benefits
>>
>>8850930
This.
>>
>>8847760
You only mentioned vitamin B but it also contains a lot of essential minerals and other nutrients.
>>
>>8850448
Only bioactive terrariums right now.. probably some vivariums and paludariums down the line.
>>
I take in pills. I started it because it was supposed to help with my acne, but I only found it useful to make me have drier and more consistent shits.
>>
>>8849054
all yeast produces glutamic acids you monkey
>>
I feed it to my pigeons for healthier meat development :^)
>>
>>8853821
not that alarming tho wikipedia is a shitty source

>glutamic acids
Nutritional yeast products do not have any added monosodium glutamate; however, all inactive yeast contains a certain amount of free glutamic acid because when the yeast cells are killed, the proteins that compose the cell walls begins to degrade, breaking down into the amino acids that originally formed it. Glutamic acid is a naturally occurring amino acid in all yeast cells, as well as in vegetables, fungi, and animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast
>>
It's great on a nice hot steak or mixed in with some Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, adds depth.
>>
>>8854090
you can also skipp the cheese and use it for vegan mac&cheese tho this isn't a healthy option
>>
>>8847694
Been wanting to try it. Can't find it anywhere nearby.
>>
>>8856162
try a wholefood store
or the internet
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>8856162
I searched amazon and they many different retailers sell it. Buy organic, it's yeast. Otherwise you will get some gmo-crap. Also avoid flakes with additional stuff in them. Pic related is my fav brand.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.