/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170423_102525.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_102525.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I accidentally bought too much herring in oil. I usually just eat it with some dark bread and polish cheese spread, but I need some more ideas. How long will these babies last once I open the package? I usually finish small jars in a few days but this package has no "use within xx days" on it.
>>
>>8847685
just have them with vodka shots
>>
>>8847685
Make a casserole!

Maybe use some coconut milk, sliced mushrooms, and brown rice?
>>
Fry with some soysauce.
>>
>>8847708
oh and use the fish pretty sparingly if you think it's strong. just mash it up with the rest of the ingredients
>>
>>8847685
>accidentally bought too much herring in oil
how do you accidentally buy too much?
>>
>>8847749
I wanted to buy 2 jars of the "original" style, but the store only had 1 jar of my favorite brand. I knew that wouldn't be enough to the amount of bread and spread I was buying so I bought the only other package of the "original/plain" they had, which happened to be this big ass package.

>>8847713
Sounds tasty! I've got some white rice too I think that will go nicely together.
>>
or you could, like, freeze some of it like the package says
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (135KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
135KB, 882x731px
>>8847685
Never had herring before, what does it taste like? Is it ready to eat out of the jars like tuna or sardines?
>>
>>8847768
What should I store it in once opened to avoid freezer burn? I never freeze fish - always buy it right before I cook it.

>>8847810
it's ready to eat, but you want to rinse the oil off under the faucet first. Its delicious. Salty and slightly fishy
>>
>>8847810
>Never had herring before, what does it taste like? I

It's an oily fish. a lot like mackerel or anchovies.

>> Is it ready to eat out of the jars
Yes of course. Any food packed in a jar or a can is already cooked; that's part of the packaging process and is why the food can sit on the shelf, sans refrigeration, without rotting.
>>
Herring can be served with dill potatoes and cream/fresh cheese.

In Northern Germany herring is also placed on a plain bread roll with lettuce, pickles, raw onions and sauce.

As a rule of thumb, everything is safe to eat for at least 3 days after opening when refrigerated. Of course your herring is salted and acidified so it would most likely last much longer than that. You can also go by what other brands with a similar product say.
>>
>>8847857
Thanks, bud. Pretty sure I've eaten the kind in the jar after 5 days and it's been as good as the day I opened it.

I'm still gonna do my best to get my month's supply of omega 3's and finish it as fast as I can. This is what happens when I do my food shopping on 4.5 hrs of sleep after working for 9 hours.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.