[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee Talk Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 34

File: coffee talk .jpg (86KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
coffee talk .jpg
86KB, 1024x736px
Coffee Coffee Coffee
Talk Talk Talk
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee
>>
>>8846290
was that dark roast Robusta or decaf, anon ?
kek
>>
c - coffee
o - oh its coffee
f - french roast
f - fan (of coffee)
e - every kind of coffee
e - excellent coffee
>>
>>8846313
C - COFFEE
O - OH, its THIS SHIT AGAIN
F - FRENCH ROAST, CANCER GIVING ROAST
F - FUCK THIS CRAP
E - EVIDENCE IS
E - EVERYWHERE THAT COFFEE SUCKS
>>
Honestly, I love the smell of coffee, but it all tastes like dirty water to me.
>>
File: 534079865tre543254.jpg (262KB, 1280x769px) Image search: [Google]
534079865tre543254.jpg
262KB, 1280x769px
>>8846351
>but it all tastes like dirty water to me.
coffee river
>>
File: ferris tea.png (502KB, 486x481px) Image search: [Google]
ferris tea.png
502KB, 486x481px
I bought a 3lb bag of medium roast whole bean, my regular coffee jar only holds 1lb, and I finished the first lb in 22 servings, so I can estimate that 3lbs of coffee is enough to make 66 servings of 16 fl. oz each, or 8.25 gallons of coffee!
>>
File: coffeetypes.jpg (291KB, 615x866px) Image search: [Google]
coffeetypes.jpg
291KB, 615x866px
How does /ck/ take theirs?
>>
>>8846549
do people really drink a tiny shot glass worth of coffee like a ristretto, espresso or doppio?
That's like 1 oz of coffee.
>>
>>8846528
so what's your point
did you made or did you lose money with this bag

p.s. Are you opening coffee shop
>>
>>8846602
op said to talk about coffee, i'm talking about coffee

stop being such a nerd
>>
>>8846607
lol
ups.
>>
>>8846265
can't tell the difference, tastes so good that the 3K espresso machine is not a match to a $5/jar instant 100% Arabica coffee.
>go figure
>>
>>8846659
That shit's only slightly less gross than regular instant coffee.
I only use it for cooking coffee flavored cakes and glazes.
>>
>>8846664
>obviously lucking basic skills how to properly brew quality instant coffee
>what a shame this anon is a failure
>>
File: cawfee.png (96KB, 182x240px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.png
96KB, 182x240px
cawfee
>>
>>8846679
>instant
>quality
>brew

Choose one and only one
>>
File: coffee.png (57KB, 311x347px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.png
57KB, 311x347px
I wanna make coffee jello!
>>
File: grinder.jpg (85KB, 694x585px) Image search: [Google]
grinder.jpg
85KB, 694x585px
Having a coffee grinder at home is the best!
>>
Whatever kind of device you use to make a cup of coffee is it really worth all the effort involved, including cleaning up to make just a single cup of coffee for yourself?

I love coffee btw, just asking for opinions or maybe some people have found short cuts or easier ways to do things.
>>
>>8846893
>all the effort involved,
no effort at all and great cup of coffee >>8846659
>>
How does a moccamaster compare/differ in taste to an aeropress?

I want to be able to get a few cups of coffee going with minimal attention, and get more cups done when I have friends visiting.
>>
>>8846902
Yeh I do that too sometimes
>>
>>8846917
>>8846917
>Yeh I do that too sometimes
brewing instant coffee?
>>
>>8846960
It's not so much brewing, you just dissolve a teaspoon of powder in a mug with boiling water.
It's ok for a caffine fix but tastes not as good as real coffee.
>>
>>8846975
agreed!
>>
>>8846960
>you will never be a japanese schoolgirl

why live
>>
>>8848370
>why live
to brew coffee
I just brewed delicious cup of 100% Arabica instant coffee
>>
File: Jho.png (119KB, 694x228px) Image search: [Google]
Jho.png
119KB, 694x228px
So I bought an Aeropress and I'm still trying to understand what's the hype compared to my 9 dollar coffee machine.

I don't exactly understand the instructions. How many tablespoon scoops of coffee should I generally use per level? What are some good instructions or tips?
So far I've used 1 scoop per 2 levels thus, using 2 scoops total.

Should I instead use 2 scoops for 2 levels and then put hot water making it an Americano?

Thanks,
>>
Turkish.
>>
File: AeroPress-HowTo-5-908x605.jpg (100KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
AeroPress-HowTo-5-908x605.jpg
100KB, 1024x682px
>>8848426
4 months ago I bought Aeropress after reading bunch of reviews and watching some youtube videos.
I don't regret the purchase. Aeropress works on a very similar principle as french press.
Aeropress is very simple to clean, after I pour coffee into the mug and coffee is cooling down to be ready to drink I run the unit under cold water for 5 seconds (just to make it not so hot)
and remove the plunger to clean it.
I just rinse it with warm water, don't use any soaps, let the coffee oil to stay there.
I store the unit disassembled with the plunger upside down (the robber part up) for the water to dry out from it.

I use metal filter (not the paper filters), because I like to get the coffee oils in my coffee.
I believe that the coffee oils are tasty and more important they are very beneficial to consume them.

As to the amounts of coffee grinds to use there is no set rule really, play with it and make it as strong as you like judging by the amount of water you pouring
and amount of coffee ground you used in your previous brewing device.
One thing I was experimenting is to let the water stay for up to 5-7 minutes (not the recommended 30-45-60 seconds), I was experimenting using the french press soaking time 5-7 minutes
and after that I was pushing the plunger of Aeropress down.
Coffee got bit stronger and richer in taste.

Yes with metal filter you get few coffee grounds on the bottom of you cup but that is no big deal for me, (I grind coffee for my Aeropress the same size as for my moka pot maker)
no problems with too many coffee grinds coming through the metal filter for me.

>So I bought an Aeropress and I'm still trying to understand what's the hype compared to my 9 dollar coffee machine.
Well as you noticed you can make smaller amounts of coffee with Aeropress, very portable to take it with you, very easy to clean.
>>
>>8848426
Get a scale, and the timing depends on the coffee and the grind. Some coffees seem to excel at 1:30, others as long as 4:00

It usually takes me 5 or 6 cups on a new bag before I've got it dialed in
>>
>>
>>8848594
>Get a scale,
I prefer counting the coffee grinds that way I'm always very precise, scales can be off by few micrograms and that will screw your perfect cup of coffee.

>>8848594
>It usually takes me 5 or 6 cups on a new bag before I've got it dialed in
5 or 6 cups?
you must be very sloppy or have very shitty coffee making junk
I get perfect cup of coffee every time.
>what's wrong with you, 5 or 6 cups of wasted brew
>>
>>8848616
>I get perfect cup of coffee every time.
t.low standards, likely Happy Mug customer
>>
>>8846578
If you do youre Italian/Middle Eastern and you drink sparkling water with it
>>
>>8846549
lots of sugar lots of milk
>>
>>8848621
No, I'm just not some delusional moron who uses $200 scale to measure amount of coffee with laboratory precision and makes it stupid science project of pouring boiling water over coffee grounds,
and thinks that you got it right.

If you wan't to be so stupid anal about it go ahead, but you are delusional thinking that you are drinking superior cup of coffee.
Good quality instant coffee could be as good as your silly complicated brewing methods coffee you just believe in your stupid lies, that's all
>>
>>8848657
it's an $11 scale, and your standards are low. it's fine. don't be so upset, not everyone cares about coffee.
>>
>>8848661
>it's an $11 scale
>ha ha $11 scale = high standards. kek
>>
>drinking literal dirtwater
>>
>responding to instant-coffee autist
Welcome to the coffee threads.
>>
>>8848679
>waah waaah his scale is too expensive
>oops! I sure look stupid I mean waah waah it's too cheap!
nice damage control
>>
>>8848686
>>drinking literal dirtwater
but the dirt was measured very precisely using $11 weight scale and it took 5 or 6 cups to dialed in perfect cup of dirtwater
>there is very precise science to it, you know. KEK
>>
>>8848703
>being so mad you actually used sage
when you're this butthurt it's time to take a break
>>
>>8846265
If it's not Turkish then it's not coffee
>>
>>8848616
>I prefer counting the coffee grinds that way
I don't know about counting coffee grinds, unless you have some special device that can do that fast, but I don't trust weighing my coffee beans, I prefer counting them before grinding.
Weight of coffee beans can be affected by moisture content and so on, that's why counting them is much more reliable in my opinion.
Also weight scales should be calibrated very often (especially the $11 junk made in China)
>>
>>8848714
Being a Turkish fanatic these days, I have to admit that espresso also brings out flavor notes that otherwise only Turkish would.

The real point to be made is that if your method doesn't use a fine grind, you aren't tasting all of your coffee.
>>
>>8848725
Weighing is the correct way, because each bean has a different weight. Weighing to 18g or however much you want to use is the exact same mass of coffee every time.
>>
>>8848707
>>being so mad you actually used sage
WTF you are talking about, what sage?
>>
Coffee is for psudo intelecual losers.

Tea/Energy drinks do coffee job 10x over.
>>
>>8848732
The kind the guy used when he posted his assblasted reply, how fucked is this board that it needs to be explained what sage does?

You can tell when someone sages when the thread stays in position even though a new post was added
>>
File: science.jpg (55KB, 755x505px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
55KB, 755x505px
So far I've found 3 different coffee brands/roasts/flavors/whatever that don't taste like old cigarette butts.. but they're not cheap ($9-12 a lb)

I'm also getting tired of having to go through so much bullshit(prep/cleanup) to make my fancy-ass non-pleb cup of coffee.

I wish I could find a decent cheap coffee and buy a cheap drip machine and fucking relax like the lazy slob I am.
>>
File: bag of idiots left open.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bag of idiots left open.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>8848731
>Weighing to 18g or however much you want to use is the exact same mass of coffee every time.
WARNING WE HAVE VILLAGE IDIOT POSTING HERE

Mr.Village Idiot I have challenge for you.
Take 200 coffee beans, now from the 200 take 100 coffee beans and soak them in water over night.
Next day weigh the dry 100 coffee beans, and weigh the wet 100 coffee beans and see if there is a difference in weight between the two piles.

>you are the idiot amongst us anon
>>
>>8846686
https://www.google.com/amp/www.food.com/amp/recipe/coffee-jello-81870
>>
>>8848738
>how fucked is this board that it needs to be explained what sage does?
I know what sage is in relation to threads, but I never did it.
Besides you can not tell who is doing sagging just by reading their posts.
So I don'y understand why you accused me of sagging this thread?
>>
File: awake_asleep_matrix.gif (747KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
awake_asleep_matrix.gif
747KB, 500x240px
>>8848769
>take 2 things that weigh the same
>add stuff to one
>they don't weight the same??!??!
dude, are you like that black astrologer from the internet? because this shit is trippy af
>>
>>8848764
cigarette butts taste usually means it's underextracted
>>
File: DarkRoast.png (145KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DarkRoast.png
145KB, 400x400px
>>8846265
Java amore.
Dark roast.
Bold.
Sugar, no cream.
>>
>>8848787
OK you are the Village Idiot. That's OK you are not the first and not the last.

Read this post >>8848725
>but I don't trust weighing my coffee beans, I prefer counting them before grinding.
>Weight of coffee beans can be affected by moisture content and so on, that's why counting them is much more reliable in my opinion.

>>8848731
>Weighing to 18g or however much you want to use is the exact same mass of coffee every time.
18g of dry coffee beans will have much more coffee beans than 18g of wet (moist) coffee beans you idiot.
And coffee beans don't have to be soaking wet to be considered (moist), they will look dry on the outside but they will have moisture trapped in them if stored in moist environment.

<you know shit anon
>>
>>8848816
Here is your attention
>>
If I keep buying single origin coffee does that make me a hipster

when I go to the coffee shop that is what they sell...
>>
>>8846659
can I use Aero press to brew instant coffee?
>>
File: 3109864351_c3d18ca1fc_z.jpg (82KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
3109864351_c3d18ca1fc_z.jpg
82KB, 500x332px
I work at Starbucks and I can say that I really appreciate coffee after drinking that shit every fucking day for the last year. Some of the beans are decent but the majority (Pike and Espresso roasts) are overly acidic and taste burnt.

Moving from Australia (European-style coffee snob culture) to the instant-drip in America was a shock to the tastebuds.
>>
File: coffee stained yellow teeth.jpg (59KB, 750x826px) Image search: [Google]
coffee stained yellow teeth.jpg
59KB, 750x826px
Best way to get ugly looking yellow teeth is to drink coffee.
Success guaranteed.
Coffee stains your teeth very efficiently and you will look ugly.
>>
>>8848911
This is /ck/ not /fa/
>>
>>8848911

Been drinking coffee every day for 15 years, still MyShinyTeethAndMe.mp3

Have better oral hygiene
>>
>>8846549
Surely there must be a version of this image that's actually legible?
>>
>>8849059
I wish I had searched for the image before I posted that first post because then I wouldn't have had to make this second post just to post the image.
>>
>>8846679
this guy is right. a properly brewed instant coffee can taste good
>>
>>8846975
your wrong the same instant coffee can have different tastes depends how its made.
>>
>>8849785
>depends how its made.
elaborate please
>>
>>8846893
Aeropress doesn't need much effort and gives you really nice coffee cups
>>
>>8850346
Can you brew instant coffee using Aeropress
>>
>>8848816
why would moisture be a problem in first place? Aren't you keeping your coffee bags propperly in a dry and dark enviroment? or are you one of those retards that keep the coffee on the fridge?
>>
>>8850368
yes
>>
>>8850399
>not randomly soaking half your coffee beans to make a point on the internet
it's like you enjoy losing nonsensical internet arguments
>>
>>8850368
I guess, but why would you want that?
>>
>>8850409
to have reason to keep using my Aeropress.
Since I quit grinding coffee and brewing coffee the complicated way using french presses or drip coffee makers and other methods because I switched to instant coffee now.
I still would like to use my Aeropress so I don't feel that it was waste of money buying it.
And maybe pressure created by Aeropress would add even more flavor to the instant coffee powder.
>>
File: 21.jpg (114KB, 728x1013px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
114KB, 728x1013px
>>8850438
Just sell it to someone who enjoys coffee more than you
>>
Hey guys, been working at a coffee machine repair place for the last month. Most staff, and the entire customer base, is italian. It's quite fun, never cared about coffee much before.

Anyway, got myself a little moka pot and a hand grinder, having fun testing different blends/beans/pre ground shit.
I'm thinking of using my newfound knowledge to make a youtube channel about repairing coffee machines, but thought I'd make a "tutorial" where I put freeze dried in my moka pot and then heavily wash it out with detergent, leaving obvious smears in the base lol.

...Fuck that made a mess

Anyway, wanna know what happens to your $3k superautomatic when you send it in for repair, just ask.

>>8846549
Lungo. Nothing else is coffee.
>>8846578
Never seen an italian drink coffee, have you?
>>
>>8846749
This. I get all the "Bad roasts" from work. Enough to open a caffee.
>>8848426
You put enough coffee in so it coffee's properly.
>>8848686
>Take old coffee grounds
>Use them to grow more coffee
>Dirt
>Ever
>>8848764
Get a decent superauto then you lazy fuck
>>
Typical comfy morning consists of me popping one of these on the stove, either filled with Cafe Bustelo or Lavazza.
Then I foam the milk and make a cappuccino.
Used to do it by shaking the milk in any random airtight container I could find, but now I use a frother.

Comfy core.
>>
File: IMG_0473.jpg (70KB, 254x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0473.jpg
70KB, 254x267px
>>8848611
>dont talk to me until i have my coffee xD
>>
I need to stop buying coffee from coffee places. What's a good way to start brewing coffee that doesn't cost a ton of money?
>>
>>8852324

Get a bag of ground coffee, and a french press/cafetiere

Badda bing badda boom
>>
>>8852372
okboss

science time - will report in when done
>>
>>8852324
French press and a small coffee grinder. I would also suggest one of those 6 dolar thermometers for liquids, but that's up to you.
>>
Operation C.O.F.F.E.E.

Criminally
Obtained
Flavors
Fuel
Evil
Escapades
>>
Hi guys

I'm wanting to learn how to make pour-overs, and i've got equipment coming to do so (Decen gooseneck kettle, Hario carafe, and Kalita 102 filter).

Any recommended sites I can order some decent coffee beans? I'd like some really good stuff, bc all I can really get in my area of KY is whole beans from Starbucks or Kroger.
>>
>>8849067
Espressino/Breve for me. I want to be able to just drink normal espresso or lungo, but I'm a wuss. How can I man up?
>>
>>8853127
Not much idea about the beans, you may want to visit some coffee shops and ask about their roasters to keep them as fresh as possible.

I may also suggest you get a way to measure the amount of water you use, like a kitchen scale, in order to make consistent cups.
>>
>>8853257
After watching enough technique videos in anticipation of my equipment, i'd have to agree on the scale. I was initially trying to cut some costs (hence why I went with a Decen kettle instead of a nicer Hario kettle) but I have seen that the scale is almost mandatory, along with a timer.

There's a really nice coffee shop in my town, so i'll ask them. They sell their beans, but I was hoping for more variety. Ah well. Thanks for responding.
>>
>>8850456
>who enjoys coffee more than you
anon are you insulting me or trying to troll me.
I enjoy coffee immensely and it hurts me to read your undeserved attack on me.
Because I chose alternative way of brewing coffee (instant coffee) that gives you no right to insult me with your hurtful sarcastic comment.
And to rub salt into my wound you attached this disturbing cartoon.
>How sad
>>
>>8854876
I'm so stressed out because of this comment
>>8850456
that I'm using double portions of cream and sugar in my cup of instant coffee
>>
File: greekfrappeNOmilk.png (204KB, 283x443px) Image search: [Google]
greekfrappeNOmilk.png
204KB, 283x443px
>>8846265
yeah but why isnt talking about pic related
>>
>>8846313
>>8846327
C - Cocks
O - Oh
F - Flaming
F - Fuck
E - Excellent
E - Extremities
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Tea for me.
>>
>>8846383
Augustus, my boy! You mustn't do that! My coffee river has never been touched by human lips!
>>
>>8846528
I drink a pound a week. The last couple of days of the coffee week my 1lb bags start to get a little stale, and I obsessively squeeze all the air out and double ziploc bag it. How fast do you go through a 3lb bag, and doesn't it start to get shitty for you? Just curious here as one person who consumes 52 pounds of coffee in a year. Do you have one of those jars with a vacuum pump?
>>
>>8846893
Get a fucking Keurig and those K-cups if you can't handle basic coffee-making, you retard.
>>
>this whole thread
Coffeefags sure are spergs.
>>
>>8852324
Aeropress is the most forgiving of a bad grind, I use one at the office because all I've got there is a shitty hario hand grinder

Don't listen to the people saying french press. Those things really punish you for cheaping out on the grinder. Unless your definition of "not a ton of money" is like a Vario-W
>>8853127
George Howell
>>
File: ajE6fY.jpg (2MB, 2496x1664px) Image search: [Google]
ajE6fY.jpg
2MB, 2496x1664px
any recommendations for french press brewing?
>>
>>8846549
>frappe
Do people outside southeastern europe drink this?
>>
>>8846549
I don't know why but i fucking love chai latte at coffee shops.
>>
>>8850097
temperature of water poured onto coffee affects the taste, so does the amount of milk you put in. I actually prefer some instant coffees over french press
>>
Does anyone own a Nespresso machine?
>>
File: Espresso Instant Coffee.jpg (112KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Espresso Instant Coffee.jpg
112KB, 1500x1500px
>>8855715
>any recommendations for french press brewing?
Don't do it.
Might as well brew instant coffee.
French press is so overrated.
This is good instant coffee brand, 100%Arabica, but there are others as well.
Most instant coffee is made from Robusta beans, better brands are 100%Arabica.

If you add milk/cream and sugar to your coffee you will not be able to tell the difference between good quality instant and french press made coffee.
And way less hassle making instant coffee.
>>
>>8856119
I have one and I'm happy with it although I'm not particularly anal about my coffee so my opinion might not mean very much.
>>
>>8856219
anon in my opinion your opinion is as valid as opinions of the coffee freaks with $200 weight scales to measure amount of water added to their coffee.
>how sick and silly is that
>>
>>8856119
the only thing about Nespresso machines is that they add/create extra plastic packaging waste,
unless you are responsible person and don't throw them in regular garbage but put them in plastic recycle bin.
>>
>>8855538
I checked again, my jar holds around 1.4lb of coffee, so I go through that in 2-3 weeks.
I also resorted to triple-bagging my leftover coffee because the flavor literally evaporates if you don't.
Is there any truth in freezing coffee?
The brand I bought literally recommends you stick unused coffee beans in the freezer for freshness.
>>
>>8855538
Also, it's nothing fancy, just a glass jar with a rubber seal top.
Maybe it's not ideal, but my coffee no longer goes stale in 1 week like it used to.
>>
had to detox off caffeine because i was having ~50oz of coffee a day.

Miserable month, but May 1st my coffee drinking days are back
>>
Poorfag here. Moving out in a few days. What's the best bigboy coffee setup for my situation?
1. Ceramic hand grinder
2. ???
I know I can go french press but I prefer my coffee to be less acidic. What's the best way to go about this? Please respond.
>>
>>8856708
>less acidic
The only way to achieve this without sacrificing quality of cup is to seek batches that are good at darker roasts.

Darker roast = easier on the stomach, but generally carries less unique flavor notes than lighter roasts.

No brewing method is going to change the acidity of bean.
>>
>>8856827
Thanks. So I'll just give in to the aeropress meme?
>>
>>8856985
>meme
Back you go.
>>
>>8856988
dont be like that bb
>>
>>8856985
For potential travel, ease of use, and quality of cup I would recommend a aeropress / moka pot / french press.

Even moreso I'd recommend looking into Turkish, but it takes some effort and practice to make your Turkish great, and it isn't always palatable for everybody. It also takes a good bit of effort to grind up a full cup as fine as Turkish needs with a hand grinder, but I do so every day and I see it as far beyond worth it.
>>
File: 1488516844510.gif (2MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1488516844510.gif
2MB, 300x228px
>>8857006
>moka pot
Out of the three you listed I like the moka pot best in terms of taste but the cleanup is a hassle. Is an aeropress easier to clean than a moka pot?
>>
>>8857126
Cleaning a moka pot is extremely easy. It's as simple as tapping out the grinds and wiping it down with a paper towel. Sure an aeropress is even easier, but mentioning the difference between two and three minutes isn't significant in my mind.
>>
File: Crucifix-exorcism.jpg (51KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
Crucifix-exorcism.jpg
51KB, 1024x681px
>>8857126
>Out of the three you listed I like the moka pot best in terms of taste but the cleanup is a hassle.
>>8857227
>Cleaning a moka pot is extremely easy.
One of you is lying.
Big time.
>>
>>8857525
Like I already said, it's a difference of two minutes compared to three minutes. Moka pot just needs a good rinse and wipedown with a paper towel, which barely takes anything. The only part that gets dirty enough to require wiping is the inside of the top half. The cup that holds the grinds and the bottom of the top half are where grinds come into contact with the material, and they rinse off in a couple seconds.
>>
Don't let the extra parts of a moka pot make you think it's difficult to maintain. You only need to fully clean it once every hundred uses or so, and even then you don't want to use any soap, just thorough wiping. It's as simple as rinsing out the filter of your French press.
>>
>>8857126
You just rinse the end of it under running water for a few seconds. It's the easiest of anything by some margin.
>>
>>8857542
I knew that you were the anon who was telling the truth
>>8857227
I was just trying to 'smoke out' that other lazy Satan, KEK

I'm using my moka pot for like 4 years and I never once yet clean it with soap, I just rinse under running water and let it dry.
Cleaning moka pot is as simple as making/brewing instant coffee.

If that other anon thinks that cleaning moka pot is time consuming he should switch to brewing instant coffee.
>>
>>8857636
No need to be so critical. The guy who thought it would be a hassle is merely seeking information, having not used one before. He had a false pretense. which he was wise enough to inquire about.
>>
>>8857671
OK, tell him that his sins are forgiven.
And tell him first time brewing coffee in his moka pot he should use Holy Water, not the regular tap water.
Many times demons are hiding inside of moka pots. They like that dark steamy environment.
>>
>>8846549
I usually just have a teaspoon of Douwe Egberts, teaspoon of honey, near boiling water and some milk
>>
>>8846265

I work in a coffee shop and have been professionally trained with espresso machines etc whatever, but I swear cafetiere (french press) coffee is just the best

Anyone agree?
>>
>>8858058
>Anyone agree?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>8856141
>>
>>8846265
People like milky coffee. Why not put a little grease in your coffee?
>>
Which is better for a cheap fuckFolgers or Maxwell house?
>>
>>8858769
folgers, but it only lasts a week before it goes completely stale.
keep it in an airtight jar, the packaging it comes in is NOT sufficient
>>
>>8858769
>Which is better for a cheap fuckFolgers or Maxwell house?
I honestly think that good quality instant coffee is better than coffee made from freshly grounded shitty coffee beans.
>>8856141
>>
I am a coffee pleb
I use a keurig and brew half a cup of hot chocolate and half a cup of whatever dark roast is lying around. Tastes good man
>>
File: 2.jpg (132KB, 728x1021px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
132KB, 728x1021px
>>8854876
No anon, you don't understand. Instant coffee was made to be like that: instant, in the sense that you just warm some water (or boil if you are lazy) and put the stuff in your mug

If you don't enjoy opening the bag, measuring the beans with a scale, grinding beans, warming water with a thermometer in and doing the aeropress procedure, then you just sell it to someone else
>>
File: coffee.jpg (491KB, 868x1862px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
491KB, 868x1862px
>>8846549
>>
>>8858969
you taking drinking brown water way too serious anon
>>
>>8846549

I like mochas and don't care if people judge.
>>
>>8859291
I judge you not, because I'm also sophisticated coffee connoisseur and I like instant coffee
>>
>>8856438
>>8856443
Yeah, I figured it starts to go stale on you. That's why I only buy one pound at a time. Or have a one pound bag open at a time. I just keep it in the original bag with the air valve, then put that in plastic bags and store in the kitchen cabinet. I know firsthand that coffee in the freezer will eventually taste freezer burnt, so I don't do that. I'm not really sure why you shouldn't put coffee in the refrigerator. I've never done it, but if I had to guess it's because it'll slowly take on the smells of everything else in there. False sense of security? Once the bean is roasted and hermetically sealed, it'll still turn to shit in an unopened bag in a few months.
>>
>>8859695
Anecdotal story time.
I have a friend who doesn't really drink coffee often, so a 1lb bag lasts her like 3 months maybe. She keeps it in the fridge in a plastic zipper bag. It does taste assy, but it tastes less assy than mine would at 3 months in the cabinet at room temp. She does not cook, so there's never anything in there that would make it absorb odors, though.
>>
Are pour overs a meme or are they actually worth it
>>
>>8859717
I prefer sleep overs
>>
>>8859717
How do you mean worth it? You don't even need to buy any stupid shit if you don't want to. Put a funnel over a cup. Put a filter and ground coffee in it. Pour hot water just off the boil over the coffee. Go really slow and it steeps longer. It can only go through the filter so fast. When the cup is full, it's done. It's not rocket science. Yeah, sure. Fucking try it. I do it. It's good. It's easy. Shit, you can make a funnel from the cut top of a plastic soda bottle or something. Got a pot to heat water? Great, that'll work fine. I've been doing it for decades. Long before it had a stupid name.
>>
>>8859731
you are in big shit now anon for this yahoo coffee brewing instructions.
I'm mean really big shit from that faggot who has $200 weight scale to weighing his water and coffee beans to maintain perfect ratios.
>fuck you are so in big trouble now
>you better hide and change your IP, that fucker is going to waste you for your maverick coffee brewing style
>>
>>8859731
Keep your panties on, let me rephrase; Does the "pour over" technique produce a superior enough taste compared to other popular methods (such as French press or Moka) to justify the purchasing of suitable paraphernalia?
>>
>>8859746
>(such as French press or Moka)
> and instant coffee
>don't forget instant coffee faggots
>>
for me it is the starbucks instant packets
>>
>>8859695
coffe in the fridge makes beans coffee moist. Coffee doesn't spoil but loses quality over time, so the best place to keep it is in a dark and dry enviroment with the less amount of air in the bag as possible. Also grinding the amount you need at the moment makes it better to preserve it's flavor
>>
>>8859746
Entirely depends on the process the bean was. I've heard that honey and washed do better with pour over methods while natural does better with infusion methods, but i'm not certain about that

https://www.perfectdailygrind.com/2016/07/washed-natural-honey-coffee-processing-101/
>>
>>8859746
No. That's fucking retarded. That's the whole reason I posted. It should cost you nothing to very little to make a good cup of coffee with a pour over technique. It is the one method of making brewed coffee in which you can easily bypass the buying stupid shit step. And yeah, it makes a damn good cup of coffee if you figure out how to do it how you like it. Don't fall for all the coffee gadget consumerism bullshit. Spend the money on better beans. Don't buy shit to try it. Go ahead and spend your money on special kitchen thingies if it makes you happy though. I don't care if people do this. I'd bet $20 I could brew a better cup than them with a 2 liter soda bottle and a paper towel.

Protip: you can do an immersion brew without a french press by steeping coarsely ground coffee in anything, then pouring it into a cup through a mesh strainer.
>>
>>8859742
Well, you know, as much as I love being a nerd I save that for work. I could totally use my Ohaus triple beam balance to weigh beans (digital scales are not accurate enough to warrant those posters' dweebery), but I don't because for all intents and purposes, volumetric measurements are just fine. I'm okay with people being autistic coffee hobbyists, but I'm not okay with the lying and shilling gadgets that it makes a perceivable difference to uphold their illusion of being the gatekeepers of a really good cup of coffee. It's funny, but come on.
>>
>>8860146
Stop strawmanning. Just because I'm not ready to start crafting my own funnel and filters out of scrap material, doesn't mean I'm going to be buying a $6000 hand made silver trim pour over stand. All I asked was if it was worth it, and you flew into an autistic rage
>>
>>8860237
I think it's a pretty good brewing method.
>>
>>8860237
I just bought one of the ones made out of plastic with the glass carafe. If I remember right it was $15-$20 and I noticed a major improvement over a drip machine.
>>
>>8860493
Yeah that's the one I'm looking at. My guess is the expensive ones (glass, ceramic etc) don't actually improve flavor, they just look nicer
>>
do you guys wear air plugs to reduce the noise your coffee grinder makes?
I do it now all the time, because it drives me crazy the loud annoying sound of my fancy electric coffee grinder makes
>>
>>8846549
1 cream and 4 sugars. I have a sweet-tooth, sue me.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.