[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spouts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: BrusselsSprouts.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BrusselsSprouts.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
How can i cook these booger sprouts and make them taste good..? todays my first time eating them..
>>
cook them covered in a pan with a shallow pool of chicken broth, butter and black pepper
>>
cut sprouts in half, butter in the pan, medium heat, toss in some minced garlic and salt.stir till tender.
>>
Steam them until soft, then fry them in a pan with butter and already cooked bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Could eat this every meal.
>>
>>8845534
this cut them in half first
>>
File: 1487964314546.png (173KB, 449x337px) Image search: [Google]
1487964314546.png
173KB, 449x337px
can i put vinagar on them like i do cooked cabbage.?
>>
Cut them in half, cut off the stump, put them all face down in a stainless skillet. Preheat oven to 350. Add a couple mm of water and throw some olive oil or butter in. Crack on some black pepper. Bring the heat up stovetop till the water boils and evaporates then add some more oil and pop in the oven and roast for 12 mins
>>
>>8845549
they're already going to have too much bitterness
>>
>>8845536
Won't they be soggy?
>>
heat oven to 450F
boil a pot of salted water
trim sprouts and halve them
boil them for 2 minutes
remove from water and toss with oil, season with salt and pepper
spread them on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until you like it
>>
>>8845561
yes, ignore that post
>>
>>8845559
Disagree. I love butter and red wine vinegar on steamed brussels sprouts.
>>
>>8845570
But I also don't taste any bitterness in them, they taste sweet to me. You have fucked up tastebuds.
>>
>>8845517
Cut the bigger ones in half, and cut off a little bit of the white bottom portion. Mix together some olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic (sometimes I like to add a little balsamic vinegar or Parmesan here). Toss with the sprouts. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring them after 10 minutes.
>>
put in mouth and munch
>>
How about just cooking them properly instead of all this fancy shit?

>Boil water
>Put sprouts into water
>Leave for 20 minutes
>check if soft
>Drain and eat if soft

you don't need all this dumb shit, try them for what they are not the 12 things you add to them.
>>
File: 1465951514056.jpg (59KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465951514056.jpg
59KB, 480x640px
>>8845883
Way to get rid of all the nutrients and flavor, idiot.
>>
shred them (or cut in half and then slice thin) and saute in a pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper

add some balsamic vinegar and honey when they're close to done
>>
>>8846638
not to mention texture
>>
>>8845517
olive oil, sriracha, honey
thank me later
>>
>>8845517
>slice them in half
>steam until tender, but not soft
>place them next to a side of creamy mashed potato
>eat each sprout with a layer of mashed potato
>heaven
>>
>>8845549
That's how I cook them. I put a little bit of vinegar in the water and it cuts down on some of the bitterness. They're pretty good roasted, too. Butter, salt, and pepper are great friends of spouts.
>>
are sprouts just little cabbages, or are cabbages big sprouts?
>>
>>8847501
Pretty much, I was thinking of making a slaw with quartered sprouts
>>
cut in half, salt & pepper, grill or fry

fuck steaming/boiling them, you want them somewhat firm
>>
I preheatan oven to 450, cut sprouts in half, toss em in olive oil, salt and pepper (sometimes lemon pepper if I'm feeling fancy), put them cut side down in a cast iron skillet and roasting em till crispy.

I've had several people who have hated sprouts their whole lives tell me they love em this way.

Another good way is to trim, half, and boil the sprouts. In a skillet, render some thick slab bacon till crispy, remove the bacon and all but a tablespoon of the fat. In the remaining fat saute one thin sliced shallot and one cubed apple. When the apple is tender, add in the cooked brussles, some craisins, and some roasted hazelnuts. Pull off heat and add a few table spoons of maple syrup and apple cider vinegar.

A bit more complicated, but I now make this as a hot salad on thanksgiving and people generally dig it.
>>
>>8845536
Came here to post this.

>>8845561
Frying crisps them up.
>>
>slice in half
>toss with oil
>roast them in the oven for 20 minutes
>toss some maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, chopped nuts, whatever
>roast for another 20 minutes
>>
>>8847631
>you want them somewhat firm

WRONG
>>
File: 11.jpg (219KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
219KB, 600x400px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.