[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I need help. I have a spaghetti squash prepared and NONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1492647679559.png (179KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1492647679559.png
179KB, 500x358px
Guys, I need help. I have a spaghetti squash prepared and NONE of the recipes I see sounds even vaguely appetising. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>8839856
Do you want a sweet or savory squash?
>>
>>8839883
Also, with or without meat? Is this a side dish or a main?
>>
>>8839883
Ugh, honestly it could go either way. I'm intrigued by a dessert idea but I don't know.
>>
>>8839887
Side dish or dessert please.
>>
>>8839891
>>8839895
Well, there's a few ways this could go.

You could roast the squash, make a thick mash of it with egg yolks and cream and brown sugar (cinnamon and nutmeg to taste) and then use this as a filling for pies or pastry. Just make and prep the crust, or get layered flake pastry, assemble, top with merengue, bake, garnish with powdered sugar. If you make pastries be sure to score the tops in fun line patterns. If you make a crust, poke some holes in the bottom of the crust and fill it with an aluminum foil package of raw, dry beans to make the crust not puff up and take up pie filling room.
>>
>>8840104
You could also make it a side dish.

For savory, roast it to golden brown in slices with shredded brussel sprouts and walnuts. Everything will turn into sweet, roasted glory. All hail maillard reactions. Top with some freshly shredded parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Use a good olive oil, and be careful to use a minimal amount.
>>
>>8840116
For sweet side dish, you could also roast the chunks with cinnamon, brown sugar, allspice, apple cider vinegar, and whole cloves. I guess you could use olive oil here as well, but I'd go with a neutral or nutty oil if you have it instead.
>>
>>8840122
If you need more ideas, or don't like an ingredient, we can still figure something out.
>>
>>8839856
The problem with spaghetti squash is that it isn't appealing.
>>
Thanks for the ideas every one. I can mix and match some ideas and some up with something!!!
>>
>>8840174
Lmao this is true...It's my first time trying one so yeah. Slightly bitter. Idk.
>>
>>8839856
You sound like a ditzy femanon
>>
>>8840257
Yeah you're right. Fuck.
>>
>>8840247
Your welcome. Be sure to blend well if you're going the dessert route.
>>
>>8840280
Sorry, you're.

Fucking autocorrect.
>>
Nigger, bake and eat with cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter.
>>
>>8839856
lots of curry powder, some half and half, butter, some stock, and a stick blender will make a good curry squash soup
>>
throw it in the trash
>>
>>8840255
Never found it bitter. It's just that I have no interest in a pasta substitute that tastes vaguely like zucchini.I'd rather just eat zucchini instead of trying to reconcile it with pasta.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.