[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mexican Vs. Tex-Mex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 34

Which taco reigns supreme /ck/?
>>
All tacos are Tex-Mex. Real Mexican food is boring and bland. Do either of those look like they taste boring or bland?
>>
>>8839370
You could add "store-bought" to everything on both fucking tacos. And corn tortillas are nasty.
>>
The image is obviously trying to be insulting to Tex-Mex by implying that all Tex-Mex uses store bought rather than home made, which is asinine.

This image is meant to be an argument starter.
>>
Wow, what a shitty, biased infographic.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (130KB, 1123x1713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
130KB, 1123x1713px
>>8839391
pleb alert
>>
>>8839392
Mexicans not buying food and ingredients from grocery stores and doing literally everything from scratch is the weirdest fucking stereotype
>>
>>8839370
Ok, so taco bell tacos are true mexican cuisine? This chart is fucking bad.
>>
>but its authentico
corn tortillas are greasy trash. they overwhelm and ruin the taste of everything inside.
>>
>>8839370
I love all tacos as everyone should. Picking one kind indicates that you have serious mental deficiencies
>>
>>8839392
The image is shit. There are a variety of Mexican tacos. Tacos arabes use flour tortillas, for example. And most Mexican tacos don't come with a layer of salsa on them. You add that if you want it. Mexican tacos usually come with chopped onion and cilantro on top of the meat.

I will admit I've been to Texas several times, and was not a fan of the style of Mexican food there. Just too heavy overall, and too cheeseburger-like - flour, beef and cheese too much the focus for my taste. Much prefer what I've had in Mexico and eaten in NYC made by immigrants from Puebla.

The image is shit, however.
>>
>>8839450
bingo, as long as it's good I like it.
One time my buddy made tacos with meat loaf and they were really good.
>>
>>8839370
>shell
both of them are clapakistan trash
>>
File: potato_taco_tolteca.jpg (37KB, 550x383px) Image search: [Google]
potato_taco_tolteca.jpg
37KB, 550x383px
Potato tacos
>>
>>8839370
well, comparing taco bell to the local mexican place, i would give it to taco bell every time. if all "authentic" mexican is as dry as the "authentic" tacos i get from there, then we need to double time it with the wall. meanwhile, taco bell kills it consistently.
>>
File: texmex.jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
texmex.jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
>>8839370
Tex-Mex is absolute shit for the most part. It's all soggy burritos covered in "enchilada sauce" and rubbery cheddar cheese served with flavorless rice and beans, pic related. Real Mexican is much more varied and can be good or bad, but when it's good it is one of the world's great cuisines and blows Tex-Mex out of the water.
>>
File: cage2.gif (1MB, 320x173px) Image search: [Google]
cage2.gif
1MB, 320x173px
>>8839532
>Real Mexican is much more varied

Tex-Mex was created because Mexican food is boring. Maybe you should stick to the children's chicken fingers next time you eat Tex-Mex.
>>
>>8839370
Lol what a retarded infographic. What would you call a taco with corn tortillas, cheese, store-bought salsa and stewed meat? Mex-Tex-Tex-Mex?
>>
>>8839500
>sour cream, sour cream, and a little more sour cream in my taco, thanks
>>
>>8839370
this is ridiculous. an authentic mexican taco is literally just seasoned meat on a tortilla. i'm white and I know that
>>
>>8839544
>Tex-Mex was created because Mexican food is boring.
No, TexMax was created because cowboys unsurprisingly liked to eat lots beef and lots of dairy, and preferred wheat flour over masa, given the option. It's just norteno cooking with more US influences on it. Not nearly as interesting as the food from Puebla, Oaxaca or DF. Even Baja amd Yucatan have more interesting food than TexMex.
>>
File: oaxaca-food-guide.jpg (193KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
oaxaca-food-guide.jpg
193KB, 750x750px
>>8839388
Bland? I think the exact opposite, in fact I think it is way too rich in flavors. Corn tortillas, spice, cheese, beans, "chorizo", mole sauce. Most of their recipes have cream, avocado or rice to simmer down the taste.
>>
File: 1487017098513.jpg (49KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
1487017098513.jpg
49KB, 784x643px
>>8839605
Tex-Mex was created by Mexican and German cowboys. They both found it superior to any of your sub genre Mexican foods, and so does the rest of the world. There's nothing interesting about authentic Mexican food. It's bad
>>
File: 1489117126867.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
1489117126867.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
>>8839370
what is it about mexican food that draws out the most autistic of people
i haven't read the thread, but i'm assuming there are by this time at least 3 retarded indios screaming about "NOT REAL MEXICAN" and "MUH SPICES"
>>
>>8839640
yeah yeah, go back to your tendies
>>
>>8839640
Not him but what exactly is the diference between tex mex and true mexican food? They both look similar except for tex mex using fried tortillas and chips more often.
>>
>>8839610
I see Tex-Mex. Stop appropriating white creations to cover for gross 'authentic' Mexican food.
>>
>>8839646
>i only know tacos
>>
>>8839649
Oh I see, you confuse tex mex with mexican food so thats why you think mexican food is bland and boring.
>>
>>8839640
>Mexican and German cowboys. They both found it superior to any of your sub genre Mexican foods
Cowboys weren't exactly gourmands, but I'll agree TexMex is the kind of food people not all that worldly nor affluent would find exciting.
>>8839640
>so does the rest of the world.
The rest of the world is well aware that some of the best food on the planet can be found in upscale DF restaurants and even on the streets there.
>>
>>8839482
>Tacos arabes
It's called shawarma in English and it uses a pita not a tortilla.
>>
>>8839646
Aztec food is real Mexican food. Everything else is a conversion backwards from Tex-Mex. Tacos of any kind are not Mexican food.
>>
>>8839661
is not the same nigger
>>8839664
do you have brain damage
>>
>>8839664
What a retard.
>>
>drench in mole because boring
>drench in hot sauce because boring
>>
>>8839646
TexMex is based on one regional style of Mexican cooking (norteno). That's one of at least six other regional cuisines in Mexico. The others lean more heavily on masa flour and are less inclined toward beef and dairy, because they're not cow country as much.
>>8839661
The dish changed quite a bit once the Lebanese brought it to DF. Those immigrants are also the source for al Pastor and quipe. It's a very cosmopolitan place with immigrants from all over the world, so the food there has a wide set of influences compared to the much more narrow set that gave us TexMex.
>>
>>8839370
I eat what ever tastes better. I've had people take me out to "authentic mexican places" and everything tastes like bland crap, like not worth paying for. I don't give a fuck if it is ~~~authentic~~~ give me something that tastes worth the money I am spending
>>
>>8839747
>muh money's worth
TexMex is for you, then, because the plates at most TexMex joints are usually heaped with two meals' worth of food. It might not be very good, but there will be a lot of it.
>>
File: McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
For me it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich
>>
>>8839702
>Stuff salami and cheese in calzone because boring
>Cover hamburger with vegetables and bread because boring
>Roll rice with seaweed and raw fish because boring
>Fry chicken because boring
>>
O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>8839747
>Mexican
>Bland
Nice bait, faggot
>>
>>8839449
Then you have eaten shit corn tortillas, but you like so much your 'chili' covered pork anus that you cant tell your stupidity
>>
>>8839391
Whitey detected
>>
Whoever made this shitty bait chart has clearly never eaten at a Mexican person's house.
Mexicans use wheat flour tortillas pretty often (mostly in Northern Mexico, not so much in Central or Southern Mexico). They also use store-bought spice mixes and salsas. Believe it or not, they use cheese too. And not everybody adds fresh-chopped cilantro, onions, and tomatoes to their tacos. Some people can't stand that stuff at all.
Tex-Mex isn't so much of a bastardized version of Mexican cuisine as much as it's more of a combination of different regional Mexican and American cuisines.
>>
File: 29AdcaT.png (3MB, 1680x996px) Image search: [Google]
29AdcaT.png
3MB, 1680x996px
>>8839370
Nachos
>>
Protips:

white cheese = good
yellow cheese = bad

tortilla = good
"shell" = bad

green sauce = good
red sauce = bad

avocado, onion, cilantro, tomato = good
everyting else = bad
>>
>>8840144
nigger opinion
>>
>>8840151
He's right, though. You're the nigger.
>>
>>8840105
The only not stupid opinion in this thread.
>>
>>8839370
The only corn tortillas available in my area are shitty and tear themselves apart in the bag.
>>
>>8839370

>mexicans don't use stores

ya ok
>>
>>8839501
You poor poor soul. If your near an agricultural area find the nearest migrant field and the closest whole in the wall cafeteria. If it doesn't have floutas or queso fresco leave and try again.
>>
>>8839544
Real Mexican food has like 10-15 ingredients tops in different arrangements
>>
>>8839449
you know you can heat them up without grease right?
>>
>>8839570
Nah add queso freso a Chile sauce and possibly cortido and your getting closer
>>
Who cares, tacos are basic bitch food, literally no point in caring about authenticity or quality

You may as well get fussy about if someone prefers pickles on a fucking hamburger or not, or their hot dog with relish
>>
>>8839654
>Mexican
>Worldly

LMAO fucking yurofaggots, I swear
>>
>>8839370
if the options are as shown in the pic, mexican all day every day
>>
I'm mexican and find tex-mex "tacos" disgusting.
The point of tacos is to keep it simple. Just put meat inside of a tortilla (not a fucking shell) and add cilantro/cebolla/salsa if you want.
>>
Aren't we all ignoring that all tacos are shit? It's a trash food
>>
>>8840453
You need to eat true tacos, but that exists only in Mexico. I wouldn't risk getting beheaded for tacos
>>
>>8840450
>add 10 ounces of cilantro per taco
>mexican """""cuisine"""""
>>
>>8839392
>The image is obviously trying to be insulting to Tex-Mex by implying that all Tex-Mex uses store bought rather than home made, which is asinine.
I agree with this bit

>This image is meant to be an argument starter.
No it's just some leftist cucks that think they're superior for having "le genuine mexican tacos"
>>
>>8840453
Some of the best eating experiences I've had in my life have been good Mexican tacos. I've been to France, Italy, Spain, Japan, all over the states, I've eaten at michelin starred restaurants... There are few things better than well marinated cooked meat in a homemade tortilla with cilantro, onion lime and maybe salsa verde. Simple, subtle, perfect. You're quite obviously not eating the right ones
>>
>>8839370
Street tacos are best tacos.
>>
>>8840105
You ate at a Texans house. Probably put sour cream on everything too.
>>
>>8840468
Yeah i get that it's "simple good", like pancakes or Hamburger or schnitzel. No reason to even talk about though because it can't be elevated without transforming it into a completely different dish. It's just trash food for when you're feeling too lazy for anything other than marinated grilled meat.
>>
Tex Mex don't have a chance. There's like literally every type of taco imaginable in Mexico. While the majority of tex mex is ground beef
>>
>>8840543
>Grilled meat
its more complex than that
>>
>>8840286
make your own pleb, it's not hard

i pity non mexicans who cannot into mexican food
>>
>>8840144
>red sauce = bad
What a dumb fucking opinion. Red sauce can mean anything from tomato salsa to a smoked pepper puree.
>>
>>8840605
Red sauce implies (red) tomatoes, chile de color, chile de arbol, etc. or matured peppers, which are inferior to (green) tomato (tomatillo) and fresh serrano and jalapeño 97% of the time.
>>
>>8840655
No one makes salsa out of jalapeños. They are baby shit. It's either with serranos or habaneros.
>>
>>8840509
Why?
>>
>>8840686
The worms and car pollution add flavor
>>
File: 20170216_173343.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_173343.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8840587
Agree. Fucking mexicans who wail and gnash their teeth about authentic and can't do this.
>>
File: silos_panorama.jpg (848KB, 3543x2362px) Image search: [Google]
silos_panorama.jpg
848KB, 3543x2362px
>>8839392
>>8839391
>>8839415
All of these.
It's been 30 years since Mexico and most other Latin American nations actually had local masa available to make fresh tortillas with. Basically automation, NAFTA, and changes in agriculture subsidies drove the rise of corn flour (some sourced from the US) as a substitute which is cheaper, less nutritious, and reportedly blander tasting.

https://grist.org/article/masa/
http://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2017/04/06/la-tortilla-mexicana-en-crisis-menos-nutritiva-y-con-menos-ventas/
^Use Google Translate:
>In Mexico the corn flour market is dominated by two large companies : Maseca and Gruma , who, according to the COA representative , pressed to displace the traditional tortilla production process by arguing market reasons, such as the fact that one kilo Of maize dough that is prepared manually produces 800 grams of tortilla, while with flour they achieve 100 percent yield.

>" The tortilla is being lost ," said Rafael Mier, founder of the Mexican Maize Tortilla Organization, who in various forums has stated that the introduction of corn flour resulted in the appearance of a new "tortilla", which replaced the traditional And that not only has less nutritional qualities but also lower quality that is noticed from the taste.

>In a tour of Infobae by different tortillerías of Mexico City, some managers assure that they do not know how the mass is made, since they buy it by wholesale to some distributor and only put it in the mill that cuts them in pieces and passes them By a cooking process.

>The COA researcher, a member of the Alliance for Food Health - a civil society initiative to promote healthy eating among Mexicans - explained that Official Mexican Standard (NOM) 051, referring to food and beverage labeling, does not obligate the flour manufacturers to report the raw material they use for their preparation, so there exists a problem that prevents them from knowing what the tortillas are made of.

(1/2)
>>
>>8840872
Presently, the domestic producers there are trying to hammer out a certification for the heirloom varieties of maize that remain so that they can go upmarket.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-corn-certification-idUSKBN1790I2
>Entrepreneurs see a huge profit to be made in higher-margin tortillas and chips sold at restaurants like Bayless' Frontera Grill in Chicago and Enrique Olvera's Cosme in New York, and mass marketed at higher-end retailers like Whole Foods Market Inc.

>Several of the nearly 60 native varieties, or landraces, of this heirloom corn often grow alongside corn's ancestor teocintle, a skimpy stalk with a few meager kernels that Mexican farmers transformed in a dizzying series of improvements over some 8,000 years.

>The first is whether Mexican scientists can hammer out a first-ever fair trade certification for traditional corn farmers, similar to certifications for organic coffee or chocolate. Once an accord is reached, which is expected later this year, organizers say a civic association or panel of experts will provide the voluntary certification.

>If successful, exports of Mexico's gourmet maize could start to reverse a flood of cheap U.S. yellow corn imports that have pushed more than 1 million Mexican farmers off their fields since the enactment of the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994.

>Commodity benchmark "Yellow 2" corn, a grain used mostly for animal feed, has little in common with Mexican corns that come in a kaleidoscope of colors and in some cases can be traced back for centuries to a specific mountain valley, says Flavio Aragon, one of the scientists behind the certification.

(2/2)
>>
>>8839388
Yeah it needs more corn syrup, right?
>>
>>8840734
>haha just get a unitasker brah
>>
idk if you can really categorize them that easily, but meat+cilantro+onion tacos in soft shells with a lemon/lime will always be the best.
>>
>>8839449
>greasy
You fucking what? It's just corn flour and water. What do you make yours out of? Oh wait, you buy them premade? Fucking pleb.
>>
File: C8QL_C6VYAEgv_G.jpg (194KB, 900x1045px) Image search: [Google]
C8QL_C6VYAEgv_G.jpg
194KB, 900x1045px
>>8839370
That image is wrong in so many levels.
>>
>>8841004
I came
Fukken saved
/thread
>>
>>8839652
no just trolling
use of "appropriating" should have been pretty obvious
>>
>>8839370
Wow what an unbiased and informative graph. I'm sure the author is a quality individual that in no way has an ironic beard.
>>
>>8841004
>indígenas o prehispanicos
>insectos

Is this insinuating precolumbian people ate bugs all day?
>>
>>8839370
There is literally nothing wrong with frying flour tortillas to make crispy taco shells. Fight me.
>>
>>8841093
Crispy shells are fucking dumb, they don't taste better and they are inconvenient to eat
>>
File: carnitas1.jpg (744KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
carnitas1.jpg
744KB, 2240x1344px
This was made in Palm Springs, CA.

WTF is it? Mexican or Tex-Mex?
>>
>>8841107
They're not crispy like corn shells where they snap when bitten into. They're just fried until you get a light golden brown shell. It still has give.
>>
>>8840918
>unitasker

Fuck off Alton, I use it every 3 or four days, faggot.
>>
>>8839500
how to make this
>>
>>8841118
That's mex and looks pretty good. How was it?
>>
>>8841249

Tasty. I used Chef John's Carnitas recipe.
>>
>Tex-mex tacos
>Mild, store bought salsa
What piece of shit beaner made this?
>>
half half.

flour tortilla heated in pan topped with seasoned mince, avo, capsicum, salsa, lettuce. pretty good try it some time
>>
>>8839370
I hate how people act like flour tortillas are so much worse than corn
I lived in tucson and you got the best flour tortillas from the local places there, you could eat those shits plain i swear to god
>>
>>8843034
They're not worse, but nothing beats a good home made corn tortilla
>>
>>8843034
Freshly made corn is way better than flour. Flour is way better than corn that's cooled down.
>>
>>8843036
This.
>>
>>8843036
>>8843049
I like homemade corn tortillas, I just usually prefer flour
>>
>>8839370
Hey listen.

The Luxor hotel in Vegas is a terrible place to stay and play, BUT they have a restaurant called "Tacos and Tequila"

Its an Oosh/10
>>
>>8839391
This
>>
>>8839482
>I will admit I've been to Texas several times, and was not a fan of the style of Mexican food there.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>8839391
Whitey can't handle corn tortillas
>>
File: taco.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
taco.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>8839392
m8 the insult here is that that shit on the left has nothing to do with tacos, here enjoy
>>
>>8841085

eating bugs is actually still a huge thing in Mexico
it's not weird except exclusively in Western-European-derived cultures.
Bugs are the future of protein, pretty much the only sustainable future for humanity.
That said, I fucking hate bugs. But I BELIEVE in eating bugs. Lucky me, I was born young enough where mechanically-processed-cricket-flour isn't a standard ingredient in most of the world-diet.
>>
>>8839664
Mexico is not Aztec. Mexico is fundamentally a melting pot of European and indigenous culture and ppl.
>>
>>8843578
Its not a huge thing. Sushi is a bigger thing in Mexico than eating bugs.
>>
File: 1784523135063.jpg (26KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1784523135063.jpg
26KB, 375x500px
>>8840033
O B E S E
B
E
S
E

Have a pure glass of water to calm down a bit.
>>
I've spent thousands and thousands of hours in Mexico eating everything from ant eggs to mole. The best by far are road side al pastor tacos.
>al pastor is not native to Mexico. The technique came from Lebanon.

Bottom line is "authentic" is a myth. There is only "it tastes good" or "it tastes like shit"

God I'm starting to hate /ck/
>>
>>8841004
Do you have this image in American?
>>
>>8840144
>green sauce = good
>red sauce = bad
correction baby
depending on meats seasoning red may perfect and green bad
not really the other way around
green sauces generally will be what matches lighter seasoned meats
red sauces are more traditionally used to match with generally heavily seasoned meats

These days sauces are all over the place
colors don't mean what they may have, specifically within the last 5/10 years /hipsters
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 697x838px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 697x838px
>>8843845
>American is a language
tard.
>>
File: 2-22-1016 8888 032.gif (214KB, 144x255px) Image search: [Google]
2-22-1016 8888 032.gif
214KB, 144x255px
>>8843845
>Do you have this image in American?
nitwit images would easily be located in the area www.404.com site
>>
>>8841166

Step one: make mashed potatoes
Step two: pan, nice and hot.
Step three: oil in pan
Step four: Oil, nice and hot
Step five: tortilla, load with potato
Step six: taco in pan until tortilla crispy
Step seven: out of pan, onto paper towels
Step eight: add lettuce
Step nine: sour cream
Step ten: more sour cream, enjoy
>>
>>8841004
Goddamn tacos al pastor are so fucking good but they make my shit stink like toxic waste
>>
>>8841118
Looks very mexican. Southern mexicans might argue about the flour tortilla tho.
>>
>>8843767

Maybe my word choice wasn't perfect, but in a relative sense, it's a million times more popular than in the US. I've lost the numbers but while I'm sure it's not like a Starbucks on every corner, but Mexico is one of the top insect-consuming countries in the world.
>>
>>8843774
He's right though. You people are obsessed.
>>
>make corn crepe
>Call it tortilla
>>
>Putting mint into tacos.
What's wrong with you? Cilantro is nasty and never should be used.
>>
>>8839532
"real" mexican food is meat, vegetables and tortillas.
>They don't have any real culture or food, just shitty simple crap any moron can make.
>>
>>8839449
Corn tortillas are masa and water and they are healthier both in terms of calories and sodium. What have you been eating?!
>>
>amerifats
>>
>>8839482
>I will admit I've been to Texas several times, and was not a fan of the style of Mexican food there. Just too heavy overall, and too cheeseburger-like - flour, beef and cheese too much the focus for my taste. Much prefer what I've had in Mexico and NYC made by immigrants from Puebla.
I can just see the sniveling little hipster nu-male faggot behind this post.
>>
>>8844230
I agree though, Tex-Mex, to me, a Californian, is too Tex and not enough Mex. Nothing "hipster" about it.
>>
File: 1492749237868.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492749237868.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>8839654
>upscale
>df
Pick one and live with it
>>
>>8839388
xd
>>
File: df dem dorfs.png (74KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
df dem dorfs.png
74KB, 800x1200px
>>8839654
>upscale DF restaurants
>>
>>8839388
>Real Mexican food is boring and bland
t. faggot Texan
You still mad about the Alamo?
>>8839391
You've never eaten an actual corn tortilla
You're supposed to put them on the pan for a few moments to let them crisp
Raw tortillas tend to have a bitter taste, you're just stupid
>>8839449
You've never eaten corn tortillas either
You're not supposed to fry them with grease dipshit
You literally just put the tortilla itself in the pan
>>
>>8839640

>>8839664
Just shut the fuck up Texas
A German car engineer could take his shit to you, you'd slap some fucking scrap and shitty tractor engine in his car and call it better
>>
>>8844006
>Just about everything can be oversimplified to the point of sounding stupid
And the French, oh they just rot milk to make cheese, any faggot can do that
Oh, the Italians? Ah, they just fuck with tomatoes until some vomit combination works, any faggot can do that
>>
>>8840543
>It's simple so it's trash
Faggot
>>
>store bought
>mild

Going by this "infographic", I've never had either of these tacos.
>>
>>8840734
As a Mexican, why woud I make my own tortillas when I can just go to the tortilleria and get some freshly made tortillas? It's like saying that youshould make your own bread instead of going to a baker
>>
>>8845918
I do make my own bread though.
>>
>>8839388
>Bland
They literally used spice to cover up the taste of spoiled meat.
>>
Whichever has least poo in it
>>
>>8845043
>>8845005
do people not know about the top 50 restaurants in the world?
>>
>>8845918
people who don't have good bakeries or tortillerias just assume everywhere is like where they are

inb4 "but I'm better than professional bakers", no, you're better than the shitty parbakery at publix, or panera or some shit like that, you are NOT better than a top tier bakery that actually cares about its product

yeah if you live in some uncultured shit hole where there are literally no retail options of course you should bake your own bread but in real places that don't suck, the only reason to do that is as a hobby, not because it's a better result
>>
>>8839370
>mild, store bought salsa
>baked mean with store-bought seasoning
>butthurt spic
kek'd that "store bought" gets a hyphen added to it on #5

ironic since most mexican restaurants are glorified SYSCO vending machines, and the white owned+operated make everything by hand
the asspain is palpable
>>
>>8845409
>doesn't like something
>you've never had it

>don't fry my food

brown people are insufferable, can't wait for that wall
>>
>>8845918
because the OP infographic implies that you are stupid white redneck hillbilly gringo trash if you use store bought ingredients
>>
>>8847759
pues no esta equivocado nocierto cleetus?
>>
>>8847773
I'm an anglo Texan and I make my own tortillas and bread.

WALL.
>>
>>8847784
I agree, we should have a wall between america and texas. but what does that have to do with your wheat ''''tortillas'''''', cleetus?
>>
>>8847790
Paco, I use corn masa for my tortillas. I'm sorry that your poor diet, err, I mean, Mexican food has caused to to be ass ravaged.
>>
>Baked chicken or pork

What? It's always been pan fried ground beef, sometimes chicken.

And they forgot to throw "Authentic old fashion homemade" in front of everything on the Mexican version.

I do like the subtle vagueness of "Stewed, fried, or grilled """meat""""
>>
>>8847839
Ground beef is the worst taco filling though. Literally any other common ingredient is better
>>
>>8847759
that's true though
>>
>>8840050
so it must be bait that he went to a restaurant and the food wasn't good. but it's bait because that could never happen with mexican food, is what you are implying? fucking retarded spic.
>>
>>8840444
>>8845005
DF is a world class cosmopolitan city with as many people as the entire population of Texas. In one city. Where do you think you'll find better food?
>>8844230
>sniveling little hipster nu-male faggot
Thios is the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from someone who lives in a backwater. You gotta eat garbage to be manly - aspiring to anything better means you're not a real man. I can kind of understand it if you spend all day herding cattle or drilling oil. But realize folks who do that rarely know much about good food beyond BBQ. Because good things are somehow a threat to their masculinity. Not the way I wanna live my life.
>>
>>8839370
Spics get out of my fucking state! Texas used to be beautiful everywhere! Now you faggots infested parts of it and have turned it into a shithole! I fucking hate Mexicans I have always hated Mexicans I fucking hate you beaner spic faggots and your hideous fucking bean speak language, your women fucking shave their eyebrows and redraw them with marker. Your men all drink and smoke and listen to fucking shit beaner music while their sons are off being cholo gangbangers pretending they're black and taking advantage of this country's hospitality while fucking it by turning it into a shithole! Your kids are retarded and bring down the educational standard in the cities you've infected! Your women are whores who fuck everyone and then get pregnant in highschool and get gibsmedats to feed little paco and send money back to your fucking spic family in mexico even your food is shit! It's only good when it has Texan culture mixed in, Tex-Mex is excellent, but anytime I eat not Texanized spic food it tastes horrible. You fucking wave your flag around in another country and shit on your host country and demand that it conform to your culture and inevitably ends up making the city a shithole. You pretend to be Catholic, but then don't even pay attention to biblical teaching and live a purely secular life never even thinking about the faith you claim to have, also you're Catholic which means you love sucking the Pope's dick, even more so since you don't pay attention to biblical teaching anyways. You all sing the praises of criminals and fucking love them like they're heroes! Fuck you spics for everything you've done to me, my city, my state, and my people, I despise you, you have lowered my quality of life by an extreme amount, I'm white and I have been a minority my entire fucking life because of you beaners, I FUCKING HATE YOU
>>
File: safespace.jpg (92KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
safespace.jpg
92KB, 600x579px
Why are Drumpfags so triggered by Mexican food?
>>
>>8849084
I'm mexican.
I voted for Trump.
I love mexican food.
Fuck off libtard.
>>
>My 150,000 dollar art/design degree is worth absolutely nothing so I think I'll talk shit about tacos using this pirated copy of Photoshop CS3
>>
>>8849169
Did your husband get deported yet like that poor delusional fucknut that voted for him?
>>
>>8849504
>He's mexican so he must be illegal
Good job showing those drumpfkins what for, you tremendous racist.
>>
File: ancestry.png (380KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
ancestry.png
380KB, 800x593px
>>8849002
Calm down friend, there's nothing here to be upset about :^)
>>
>>8847839
ground beef isnt even tex mex, its american.
>>
>>8843800
you're only just starting?
>>
File: laughing-cowboys-texas-tim-webb.jpg (68KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-cowboys-texas-tim-webb.jpg
68KB, 900x728px
>>8849002
>he doesn't know that texas has always been mexican
>>
Does anyone else like hard shell inside a soft shell?
Something about the texture is nice. I usually dislike hard shell but wrapped in a soft shell it's very good.
>>
>>8849169
>>8849514
mexican is a nationality not a race.
you are a fucking chicano
>>
File: ss (2015-12-22 at 08.03.33).png (2MB, 1053x788px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-22 at 08.03.33).png
2MB, 1053x788px
Reminder that ketchup > Salsa
>>
>>8839370
Minced pork/beef mix is the best meat for taco
>>
>>8850021
>American is an ancestry
Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>8851500
>ground beef better than steak
Who are these weirdos that think this?
>>
>>8851500
kys
>>
>>8839370

Some "muh authenticity" California faggot must have made this.
>>
>Tex-Mex
>store bought

Whoever made this is such a fucking retard
>>
>>8839391
>corn tortillas are nasty

Eat a dick.
>>
>>8839370
tex mex for life.
>>
>>8839370
Tbh, the one with the pork.
>>
>>8839370
White people don't use chicken or pork, they use packs of "taco seasoning" and beef

My mom used to cook that crap
>>
>>8839370
>salsa on an American taco
>>
>>8854337
Your mom sounds like a bitch
>>
>>8843991
>Cilantro
>Mint

Either bait or you're dumb as shit, anon
>>
>>8849169
0/10
Try again next time bud
>>
>>8840570
Ground beef is fucking disgusting my flyover family tried to feed it to me whenever they can
>>
>>8854337
Its dumbfuck flyovers that think every taco must be like taco bell. Fucking nasty
>>
>>8839370
Wow, the butthurt in that image is palpable.

I'm guessing some tumblrina raging about "cultural appropriation" shat that out.
>>
>>8851511
Only in the bible belt.
>>
>>8851511
When your nation is superior, you'll be able to have an ancestry too anon
>>
File: images (1).jpg (26KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
26KB, 443x332px
>>8839370
but none of those are mexicans.
also
>Shells
>>
>actually preferring hard shell
Oh fuck I LOVE eating shit that falls apart the moment I breathe I on it
>>
>>8855725
>point out cultural differences, make no negative comments about either
>LMAO BUTTHURT SJWS LMAOOO
Good god you're retarded
>>
File: u_mad_bro.jpg (90KB, 980x550px) Image search: [Google]
u_mad_bro.jpg
90KB, 980x550px
>tacos gringos.
>>
>>8855772
>literally having to use holders because hard shell is fucking fragile garbage
Why even bother
>>
>>8839370
What kind of stupid infograph is this? Real mexican food isn't made with shell tacos, and both corn and flour tortillas are used. Is this meant to trigger people?
>>
>>8849002
Shut the fuck up white boy, Texas is for Mexicans why don't you get the fuck out
>>
Implying mexican fillings in a crunchy taco or fry bread isn't the superior food.
>>
>>8856194

>listening to tuba polka all day

I bet you're 5'4 and look like a grill cleaning brush
>>
>>8843991
>Doesn't like cilantro

Babby tier palate detected, go eat tendies with catsup and mom's tacos
>>
File: 1492457387354.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492457387354.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
>>8856311
>look like a grill cleaning brush

lol
>>
>>8839391
Are corn tortillas too spicy for you?
>>
>>8856360
Epic meme! XD
I too get my humor from tumblr! how can white people even compete?? XDD
>>
>>8839391

You're right about the store-bought comment, and wrong about the corn tortillas comment. corn tortillas are fucking delicious and if you don't think so you have no business posting in a mexican thread
>>
>>8855791
the holders are so they don't fall over, retard
>>
>>8839388
>All tacos are Tex-Mex
>>
>>8850450

I want to die
>>
File: IMG_2720.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2720.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>8857996
Is something wrong anon?
>>
>>8839640
>German cowboys
Lol shut up. There were German immigrants. The cowboys were mostly Mexicans and blacks. It's manual labor.
>>
>>8850273
You know most of the english-speaking world uses "racist" to describe xenophobic, nationalistic bigotry as well, right, you fucking fat idiot?
>>
>>8851511
When your ancestors have been here 300 years, yes, it makes more sense to call yourself American than "three-twelfths Irish"
>>
>>8858105
People who cry racism are racist and boring
>>
File: 1492962518420.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
1492962518420.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
>>8850450
kys
>>
>>8858132
For what reason?
>>
>>8839610
Just because it's in a picture doesn't mean it tastes good
>>
>>8840093
REEEEE SHUT UP BEANER

you think it's hard to be a poor Mexican but you have no idea how easy you have it. Whites need to go to the store and handle dirty money to get their goods. When you're in Mexico, you can just pick up a piece of trash off the ground and use it as a condom. You complain about no clean water but you keep from us the rivers of fucking nacho cheese you use to drink and bathe.
>>
Guise OP here glad to see this thread still up and all the butthurt.

I'm on the way to Mexico City to have some authentic tacos de perro.
>>
>>8847724
walls not happening, happened this week. no funding.
>>
>>8850450
I would eat this, looks good, 8/10 anon
>>
i'd like corn tortillas if they didnt fucking fall apart every single FUCKING GOD DAMN TIME FUCK

also this infographic is false, mexicans don't eat spicy shit they eat bland
>>
>>8858121
So, you're a boring racist, then?
>>
>>8841166
1. buy toritllas
2. go on 3-week fap strike until your cum has blood in it, at which point you use the taco shell as a condom, bust your nut and garnish the mess with strips of green apple skin and celery
>>
>>8839370
But then why is it that at "authentic mexican" fast food joints I get the right but at dine-in Tex-Mex restaurants I get the left?

Shitty chart, everyone does their tacos differently.
>>
>>8843961
He's right though. You people are obese
>>
>>8848046
You're fucking retarded the dude said authentic Mexican food in general is bland not the particular restaurant. Fucking moron.
>>
>>8840543
>I require my meals to be as complex as possible in order for me to even consider it decent.
>thinks Carl's Jr baby back rib burger is complex.
>>
>>8843875
>>8843896
It's a jokey way of saying English calm the fuck down
>>
>>8843939
Me! Flour tortillas!? So wierd.
>>
>>8839370
tacos without flour shells are garbage
>>
File: S9N3kkE.jpg (49KB, 634x640px) Image search: [Google]
S9N3kkE.jpg
49KB, 634x640px
>>8856311
To bad we can't all have the good looking and tall genes all white people posses.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.