[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

asparagus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Big-Green-Asparagus.png (148KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Green-Asparagus.png
148KB, 500x264px
asparagus
>>
>>8838215
Ok.
Where exactly did you think this thread would go?
>>
>>8838216
He got a reply, I say that's pretty good for something worthless.
>>
File: ayyza.jpg (20KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
ayyza.jpg
20KB, 354x354px
>>8838215
yes, asparagus is good
>>
>>8838229
what
>>
I've got some in my fruit bowl waiting to be cooked in the morning - butter, garlic, and chilli will do it, with a splash of citrus. Don't know which one, but I've got lemons, limes, a mandarin. One of them. It'll be bloody delicious with an egg, probably soft fried, but I might not be lazy and go with soft poached instead.
>>
Blanche it in boiling water with salt and sugar for a minute or few.

Cool in cold water.

Finish on a pan with butter and chopped garlic.

That's the only way you should do asparagus.

[spoiler]Or rather, that's the only way I know how to do it...[/spoiler]
>>
It makes my pee smell funny
>>
>>8838588
throw it on a sheet tray and pop it in the oven.
a little oil and salt and pepper.
400 for about 10-15 minutes depending on if they are thick or thin.
>>
I've heard it gives you bad cummies
>>
>>8838588
the green is particularly good for risotto

wash them, cut the lower part (which is harder to eat), the top, and then peel the middle as you'd do with a potato.
boil the middle parts in vegetable broth (along with the lower part, just to extract all the flavor), takes about 10 minutes, then blend it with a little bit of broth.
put some olive oil in a pot or saucepan, heat it, throw in chopped onions, then the chopped tips of the asparagus. stir fry for 1-2 minutes, toss in the rice and toast it for a minute.
then continue the usual way you'd do for risotto, use the broth you coocked the asparagus in, it has all the flavor; after 3-4 minutes add the blended asparagus, then continue with broth until coocked.
dont overcoock though, take it off the flame half a minute earlier, add butter and parmesan or grana cheese and mix.
>>
fine
>>
Aspergers
>>
>>8838588
olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, grill- try that out :)
>>
>>8840029
If you're making risotto, couldn't you just skip the boiling it bit and cook it with the risotto? i mean it's going to be soft enough by the time the risotto is ready
>>
>>8838215
asparagus
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.