[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raw carrots = delicious cooked carrots = nasty crap explain this /ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Raw-and-cooked-carrots-008.jpg (9KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Raw-and-cooked-carrots-008.jpg
9KB, 460x276px
Raw carrots = delicious
cooked carrots = nasty crap

explain this /ck/
>>
>>8837504
Cooked carrots are fine, they're just squishy. They taste better if you cook them in brown sugar.
>>
>>8837504
Except it's literally the exact fucking opposite
>>
I think of carrots as an ingredient, not a food item
>>
>>8837544
I think baby carrots are good for snacks.
>>
>>8837504

Nah, pureed cooked carrots make an awesome soup; steamed or boiled or roasted carrots are awesome pureed and mixed with mashed potato, too.
>>
File: no.jpg (51KB, 698x904px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
51KB, 698x904px
>>8837504
>>
>>8837504
I like both. Why are you a faggot OP?
>>
>>8837504
I guess you've never had confit carrots; slowly braised in butter until they melt in your mouth, seasoned to perfection with salt and topped with minced scallions....hnnnnnggggg.......one of the best side dishes ever.
>>
>>8837504
I agree, but only for cooked and sweet carrots. If you glaze your carrots you are horrible and your carrots are completely shit, but if you cook your carrots with say ginger, salt, pepper, and onions as a simple sautee you'll have some pretty good cooked carrots
>>
>>8837504
>he doesn't activate his carrots
>>
>>8837743
This
>>
Cook them in liquid and the nutrients/flavour go into the liquid. That's it, not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>8837504
I enjoy a good raw carrot, but I started roasting them a while ago with olive oil, curry powder, shallots, and lemon juice and they're a staple of my "I can't be assed to actually cook" diet. Throw in the tops with some minced pepper, zest from the lemon, and it's all good.
>>
carrot and fish sauteed along is a good pair
- fish removes earth taste from carrots
- carrots remove sea smell from fish and adds sweetness

works for canned fish as well, minced tin can fish, oil, shredded carrots and onion is a fine cheap pasta sauce
>>
*fried together
>>
>>8837515
>Americans
>>
>>8837504

Gotta roast them mate. Boiling can work but do it shortly as to not get them mushy as shit.
>>
Make a plain, unleavened dough and wrap it around the carrots, put that shit in the oven so that the outside will be crispy. It's the best
>>
>>8837504

Glazed carrots are god-tier.
>>
>>8838515
>putting whiskey on your carrots
EPIC LMAO XD BOOZE I BET THOSE CARROTS ARE TOTALLY WASTED XD XD
>>
File: 16930758.jpg (114KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
16930758.jpg
114KB, 600x600px
What about carrot cakes
>>
Activate carrots with butter and garlic
>>
>>8837504
>no fried in butter until golden brown option

You're just not trying at all, huh?
>>
>>8838520

Whiskey is used to add sweetness and smoke flavor.
>>
>>8837552
never research how baby carrots are made
>>
i microwave baby carrots for 40 seconds
>>
>>8838382
>implying I don't just save the brown sugar for special occasions and eat them normally the rest of the time
>>
>>8837984
>>8837743
theyre also good pickled.
>>
>>8840362
Yes
>>
>>8838382
OBSESSED
>>
>>8841060
O
B U T T E R
E
A
S H A R T
E
>>
File: How-To-Make-Carrot-Juice.jpg (35KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
How-To-Make-Carrot-Juice.jpg
35KB, 700x450px
you're forgetting the real MVP of the carrot world
>>
>>8841073
>obease
oh i see
>>
>>8838382
>Escoffier
All root veg is glazed in his cookbook. Thought you'd like to know.
>>
>>8837515
>>8837504
keep the skin on them when you cook them

they will taste muuuuch better
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.