[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dried out pinto beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20170420_142931.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_142931.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I over cooked these pintos in the pressure cooker in the first place, then put them in the refrigerator for 5 days uncovered and they've dried out.

Anyone have any ideas how I could salvage them and make them palatable?
>>
IMHO would feed to dog
>>
>>8836107
Buy some more and start over you broke nigger
>>
Sit in brine for a few hours, lightly cook, serve with lemon, ginger, chilli, and soy? They look pretty horrific, bro, but that's what I would do.
>>
>>8836111
I have some more in the pantry I could cook but I just hate to waste food.
>>
>>8836146
They've already been wasted lol just throw them out
>>
>>8836107
boil them in a soup. theyll get mushier
>>
>>8836107
heat them up, add some fat to them, cumin, garlic, and then smash into cakes and fry into patties. bread with panko or flour first if you want
>>
>>8836107
put them in a pot with water and simmer until they are soft again. Then you can mash them and have refried beans. Add some kind of fat if you wish (bacon or butter would be good if you can). I had shitty hard beans once and they worked fine as a thick soup.
>>
Make hummus with it
>>
>>8836212
THIS
>>
>>8836212
>>8836225

I think I'm going to do a combination of these 2 but aim for more the refried soupy style rather than the breaded and fried.

But I won't be starting for a couple hours so I'll keep checking back to see if I like anything better.
>>
>>8836333
use wine instead of water and just enough to make them a wet paste, then cook some of the liquid out instead
>>
Bean brownies
>>
>>8836333
Beansoup with fried beanballs in it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.