[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a longtime NEET who will be starting a new job on Monday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1254172884282.jpg (41KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1254172884282.jpg
41KB, 600x455px
I'm a longtime NEET who will be starting a new job on Monday. What kind of food should I buy for lunches? I don't really want to take my dinner leftovers to work. I am thinking about buying a box of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I will grill a chicken breast in the evening and use it for either a sandwich or salad to take with me in the morning. Any other suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>8835760
How long have you been a NEET?
>>
>>8835760
Cold cuts
>>
>>8835765

This.

A $10 investment into ham, cheese and bread goes a LONG way.
>>
>>8835765
>>8835773

You guys think that is the way to go? That's another option I was thinking about. Pick up some deli meat, bread, a block of cheese, and also a bag of apples so I can take one with me to have with my lunch.
>>
>>8835764
A few years. I have worked before, but have had a rough time recently.
>>
Wow, these suggestions are fucking horrible. Animal products are highly perishable, so you shouldn't leave them unrefrigerated to begin with. They're also expensive, unhealthy and taste like shit unless heated. It's like you deliberately picked the worst possible option for the task. How about you take a raw egg with you as well, Einstein?
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (43KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
43KB, 460x288px
>>8835837
There's the door
>>
>>8835845
Alright here's something productive:

Bananas, apples, other fruits
Oats, cereal
Trail mix, nuts, seeds, dried fruits
Canned beans
Bread
>>
>>8835787
Fruit is also a great idea. That plus the sandwiches is basically the easiest you're going to find.
>>
>>8835837
>Animal products are highly perishable, so you shouldn't leave them unrefrigerated to begin with.

Ham is cured. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. That's the fucking point of curing meat, anon.

>>How about you take a raw egg with you as well

Those don't need refrigeration either.
>>
>>8835865
>Ham is cured. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. That's the fucking point of curing meat, anon.
Wrong
>>
>>8835860
>Bananas, apples, other fruits
Okay, fruit already mentioned. Not a lunch by itself
>Oats, cereal
That's a breakfast
>Trail mix, nuts, seeds, dried fruits
A snack maybe, not a lunch
>Canned beans
You wat
>Bread
Already mentioned, and what would you have with it if not animal products? Veggies only?
>>
>>8835875
I think he meant real cured hams, meats and sausages like they have in Europe, not the garbage americans buy at the supermarket that has "ham" or "bacon" on the label.
>>
fruits, nuts and seeds
>>
File: 6258147021_41a8d03cab_b.jpg (554KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6258147021_41a8d03cab_b.jpg
554KB, 1024x768px
>>8835875
You must be used to shitty ham then.

Do you think that ham didn't exist before the advent of the refrigerator? The whole fucking point of ham was that you could cure it so it could be stored for later back in the days before refrigeration.
>>
File: 1280px-Allan_Benton.jpg (309KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Allan_Benton.jpg
309KB, 1280x958px
>>8835891
Not just Europe, anon. Here's an example from Tennessee.

And you know what's pretty cool? Not only does this stuff kick the shit out of anything you'd find in a typical US deli or supermarket, it's cheaper than most of it too!

Last ham I bought, from Benton's, weighed right at 15 lbs and cost $74 (that includes the cost of shipping). That's less than $5/lb. Cheaper than all but the crappiest of wal-mart deli hams.
>>
>>8835882
>fruit already mentioned. Not a lunch by itself
Wrong. Bring 10 bananas, 30 almonds and it's a lunch
>That's a breakfast
Wrong
It's a lunch when you eat it at lunchtime. That's why they call it lunch.
And only if you're an obese carbphobe who can't digest a potato without losing a leg.
>A snack maybe, not a lunch
Wrong
>Already mentioned, and what would you have with it if not animal products? Veggies only?
Peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower spread, beans, fruits, or just nothing

And yes, you can bring vegetables. But vegetables are full of water instead of calories, so you're just carrying a bunch of water from A to B. You can eat this at home
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.