[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 33

File: alcoholism.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
al/ck/ general
here goes another one edition
>>
>>8830386
Had a turning point just over a week ago where I was sat in my room at 4am a bottle of whiskey and a few beers deep, but feeling totally fine. Realised I was just drinking out of habit, and it wasn't actually having much effect. Sure, my motor function was pretty fucked but my head felt fine. Realised I had to turn things around as it simply wasn't fun or relaxing any more.

Haven't had a drink since, feeling pretty good. Good sleep and solid shits are a nice bonus, as is actually being able to get up in the mornings. I think that part of life is behind me now.
>>
>>8830386
Started a taper yesterday and withdrawling hardcore and want to die

Trying to taper down from 1Liter of whiskey a day to nothing in 14 days :(
>>
How do you guys afford drinking a whole litre of whiskey or any alcoholic beverage each day?
That shit is expensive
>>
>>8830489
I made 130k/yr until I got fired yesterday

Guess why I got fired lol
>>
>>8830496
hmm I think it might be because the drinking
>>
>>8830496
What job did you have?

Do you have anything else lined up now?
>>
>>8830603
Software Architect

I have another position lined up in two weeks that pays 140k, assuming my background check comes back good (which it might not, long story)

Figure I can keep the job easily for about 3-4 months before getting fired and that will get me enough money to last long enough until I'll probably die in 6 months
>>
File: 1447618188189.png (169KB, 575x446px) Image search: [Google]
1447618188189.png
169KB, 575x446px
What's the best way to keep drinking while trying to lose weight?

I don't wanna get /fit/ just thin.
>>
>>8830618
Stop drinkin.
>>
>>8830618
Drink just a bit for the taste I guess.
Beer is hard with this, but wine can be nicely limited to a glass a day.
Out of meals, many liquors are great for sipping. Take a sip, return to your other activities. You'll want to drink more, but if you can control yourself, a short glass of whiskey can easily last twenty minutes and be your only drink for the night.
>>
>>8830638
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why the fuck drink if you aren't going to drink enough to at least get tipsy/buzzed/feel good?
>>
>>8830644
Mild addiction and taste are my answers, is that good enough?
I don't know if you're the same anon I was replying to, but if you're not a sissy who goes drunk with 1 beer you're in bad luck, alcohol is a sugar you know.
>>
>>8830618
Mix booze with seltzer or diet soda.
>>
>>8830638
>>8830655
Makes sense, I'm not really sure what answer i was expecting.

>>8830644
One big glass of wine can be enough to get me somewhat tipsy.
>>
>>8830409

I had the same feeling about 12 days ago. I know it isn't saying much, but its the longest I have been sober for 8 years.

Realized I hated "clubbing", bars, for the most part, were full of miserable and embarrassing losers (of all ages and both genders), and at that point I was just drinking because everyone else was... so why was I drinking? To self medicate?

Then it came to me that booze does nothing to fix my ailments. In fact, it makes them worse. It enhances depression. It lowers performance at work. It makes your mood constantly in flux. It ruins relationships with friends and lovers.

So fuck it. I think I am done.
>>
>>8830644

With psychological you don't need to get drunk to satisfy it, you just need a small taste
It's your poor impulse control that will probably make you keep drinking
>>
File: IMG_1780.jpg (34KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1780.jpg
34KB, 326x326px
>have a dr appointment at 315
>7 hours from now
>shouldn't drink before it
>>
Is it possible to mitigate my tolerance for alcohol? Like if I stop drinking for a while, will I get drunk easier when I start again?

I had three glasses of whiskey last night and wasn't even feeling it. Which is gonna get expensive.
>>
What do you consider a lightweight?
>>
>>8826713
So what else do you do with these flavoured vodkas if you're not supposed to mix them? Do people drink them straight? Any time I've tried them their sweetness is so overpowering that I can only imagine drinking them diluted
>>
>>8830386
How to hide alcohol breath?
>>
>>8831185
Learn to talk while inhaling
>>
>>8831162
>Like if I stop drinking for a while, will I get drunk easier when I start again?

Yes.
>>
>>8830618

stop drinking,
but also stop EATING
boom, feel the self-destruction set in as the hours crawl by
Works for me!
>>
>>8830386
wait is this thread literally about alcoholism or do we discuss the actual liquids?

if it's the latter, i'm in need of a good sipping rum. i usually just drink Bacardi Gold but looking to upgrade. thanks.
>>
File: 1354059231517.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1354059231517.png
10KB, 327x173px
>>8831223
Hey that's exactly what I'm doing!
>>
>>8830618
Gin and tonics
>>
>feel pretty ok sober
>get drunk
>feel a lot shittier
>wish you could get un-drunk

Anybody knows this feel? I fucking hate it and I have some work (intellectual kind of) that I should've done, but I feel too dumb-dumb now
>>
>>8831370
You're getting too drunk. Drink a little less and give it time to kick in. Try switching to hard liquor if you're a beer drinker.
>>
File: 1492480932282.jpg (51KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492480932282.jpg
51KB, 948x960px
>>8831303
I wish I was joking but it does feel a little better to have someone in it together

Before Easter dinner I made it ~36+ hours without any calories whatsoever
Video games helped
>>
>>8831378
I slammed a 0.2 of 35% alcohol. Feel okay now, just bored and want to drink more now, lol. I was drinking too fast, for about 10 minutes time almost felt slower and I had this weird anxious feeling. Felt it some times before when slamming liquor, I guess alcohol does have a comeup if you consume it fast enough, weirdly enough it has paradoxical effects. The again I think it's similar with all drugs because your psyche needs time to adjust
>>
Didn't drank a single drop of alcohol for the past ten (10) years. Yet i feel like i'm dying every single day.

Just wanted to post my thoughts.
>>
>>8831280
Both. Anything really, as long as it's alcohol related.
>>
>>8831478
That's very admirable of you. I guess it's hard to be a person in the world either way. But still, congratulations.
>>
>>8831478
That's my worry: quit drinking and things don't get any better.
>>
>>8831423
I'm not that extreme yet but i usually limit myself to one small meal per day.

How's it working out for ya?
>>
>>8831677
It doesn't fix everything, alcohol is a symptom. isn't that why they have the term "dry drunk"?
Now as far as finding ways to live a happy, fulfilling life worth living... Well, isn't that the question we ponder our whole lives long?
>>
>>8831370
No, I no longer know that feel. Honestly it may have never even happened to me.
>>
>>8831695

Binging after long enough. I point that one out because it was probably a record. Usually I'll just starve myself as long as possible and eat too much pasta late at night.
But a lot of really bad shit all came together and every time I thought of eating, the idea of being full (which makes me feel guilty and gross) while imagining "her" put me off.
We're not even "together", we're not "broken up", but I got really invested in her for the first time in a long time and it's been a while since we've seen each other. That doesn't necessarily mean she's pulling away, but it's also exactly what someone WOULD do if they WERE pulling away. And, moreso than any other person, I have no clue what's going on in her head. I haven't done anything, but women are fickle, this one especially. And I just know confronting her about it, asking if things are still where we left them, betraying that insecurity, or even just being open and saying "I miss you", would probably put her off and make her more likely to pull away. What a shitty situation. /blog
>>
>>8830618
Stop eating. Replace food with alcohol. Drink until throwing up if you do eat. Drink no sugar mixers, and do not drink anything sweet creamy or frozen. Also, consider mixing alcohol with cocaine or speed.

Either that, or just drink a little bit and include alcohol calories in your total calorie count by replacing a snack or dessert with a beer/drink/glass o wine.

I mean, it totally depends on the lifestyle you are more interested in.
>>
File: 1470592580367.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470592580367.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>8831773
That first option does sound pretty exciting.
>>
>>8830618
Cocaine/amphetamines

>posting this while sitting in drug court
>>
>>8831423
Kittehhhh!
>>
>>8831987
I like how every time someone posts that picture, people respond as if they're talking to the cat
Hell, when I saw it (and saved it) all I did was say "Kitty!"

I'm pretty sure I've seen other pictures from a set, would love to find more.
She's so pretty!
>>
File: e5f33864.jpg (41KB, 776x600px) Image search: [Google]
e5f33864.jpg
41KB, 776x600px
>>8831992

confirmed. I won't dump, but reverse-google-search worked out.
>>
>Body hurts
>Constant hot flashes
>Sides ache
>Greasy shits all day
>Sharp stomach pains all day
I'm probably dying aren't I
>>
>>8832007
Kitteh, have you been drinking tonight?
>>
What is it about enjoying cooking and alcoholism that goes hand in hand. Literally everyone i've ever met that works in a kitchen is some kind of drug addict
I wonder if gordon ramsey and the like drink to excess
>>
>>8832036

nothing so far, but I have some nice vodka because I was feeling fancy, and Hamm's!

(is this how pretty girls feel? shucks!)
>>
>>8832022
it's menopause
>>
>>8832044
Marco probably hammered down a good amount in his day.
>>
File: 1289056822531.png (31KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1289056822531.png
31KB, 2560x1600px
Fast food + music + cool pictures + 500ml/whisky/day

Is this my ceiling? I think this is the best I can hope for. Maybe I accept it and not fight any longer - because I am tired.
>>
I only bought and drank 4 today. I have some weird illness so I'm trying to drink less.
>>
>>8832200
Cooking your own stuff isn't hard or expensive and would be a bit better for you. I'm not going to tell you you should never eat fast food like some kind of health faggot, but I'm just mentioning it's pretty easy and imo fun to cook for yourself.
>>
>>8832044

Gordy' father was an alcoholic so he doesn't drink much.
>>
>>8832044
Ikr? I used to think it was the stress of fast-paced kitchen work, but even those among us who love that environment are either using coke or getting drunk near enough every day. Weird, really is.
>>
am I on the path to becoming an alcoholic if I get a pit of anxiety in my chest once I realize I can't drink for a night because of obligations the next day

or is that just me being a retard
>>
>>8832235

>not drinking during said obligations

You're fine.
>>
>>8830454
You should be able to do it in 1-2 days. No reason to take 14 days.
>>
I had to wedge my elbow between the bed and my ribs when I woke up this morning. My liver/kidney/pancreas soft area was incredibly painful if I even touched the bed with my abdomen. Still kinda hurts sitting in my chair.
>>
does alcoholism show up in blood tests? the doctor asked for one, and I've been hiding my alcoholism from them for awhile now
>>
>>8832330
only if they're testing your blood alcohol levels, they don't usually test those unless you specifically request them. Might show up with a high ATL though, those are your liver enzymes
>>
trying to get them to not cut off my klonopin - which helps me when im not drunk get through the day, but you know how psychiatrists can be
>>
>>8832330
It can show up in liver enzyme ratios, but why the fuck are you hiding that from your doctor
>>
>>8832375
this, dont hide that shit from your doctor, thats literally point of doctors
>>
File: 0007874204810_A.jpg (11KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
0007874204810_A.jpg
11KB, 380x380px
all day erryday
>>
why do i always shit so much after a night of heavy drinking? I've shit like 5 times today already. Big ones too. I went 30 minutes ago and already feel another coming on. It's really annoying
>>
>>8832261
yeah that shit made me quit. woke up sore as fuck in that area and just poured everything out. its been a month and my sleeping is finally getting back on track
>>
What's in your shopping basket when you go to the liquor store, al/ck/?
>>
Anybody work while drunk? How do you do it, I need some tips. Also what is your longest being drunk everyday streak
>>
>>8831185

Start smoking
>>
>>8831280
so no rum drunks itt?
>>
>>8832396
10 years and counting
>>
>>8832377
In the past I was denied from being registered for serious anxiety counselling group at the hospital, and basically left to get sober before I got signed up, when I got sober quickly, it mean I missed the chance and it took another 18 months to get into the group but I had already moved to another city by then, and similar things.

I just now think I have to work the system as best as I can
>>
>>8831773
>Also, consider mixing alcohol with cocaine or speed.

I've been doing this for a few years now
Logic says when you're drinking liters and liters of 7% beer you should get fat, except I haven't gained weight at all
Eating burgers or pizza most days, taking vitamin supplements
>>
>>8831185
mouthwash, alcohol based hand sanitizer used often and on your desk, vodka, gum + gin,
>>
>>8832044

>tfw too lazy to cook
>only buy shitty premade food or frozen shit or things you don't need to cook ie bread
>>
Anybody else drink wine? I've been drinking about 1-1.5 L of wine most nights for about a year. At least it's one of the healthier drinks?
>>
>>8832427
>one of the healthier drinks
too much sugar
>>
>>8832427

I shat my pants after waking up after drinking wine once, never touched that shit again
>>
>>8832403
how much per day? do you start first thing in the morn
>>
>>8830454
Google taper alcohol. 2-3 units every 2-3 days is about what a Doc would recommend. The guy telling you to do it in 2 days is nuts.
>>
>>8832419

Gin? That's one of the moat aromatic liquors. I'd always be walking around with a water bottle.
>>
>>8832432
I drink mostly dry white though. Sometimes I'll mix it with diet pop or juice to make it go down easier since I buy cheap shit
>>
>>8832427
don't get into "healthier" nonsense, but
I like wine
It tastes good, no need for mixers, but being inert and ~13%abv means it goes down easier than beer and gets me drunk without the bloating. My preferred way to do it.
2.89 a bottle at Aldi. I like cold pinot grigio. Yuk it up if you want.
>>
>>8832451
I'm a leaf unfortunately. I usually buy it in bulk anyway, but those 4L boxes can be a killer if I'm not paying attention
>>
>>8832427
I enjoy white zinfandels sometimes. Really dry wine feels weird on my palate so I don't really drink it.
>>
>all these anons quitting drinking

I think I would have an easier time drinking if there were the faintest amount of social stigma around drinking. It's way too socially acceptable. The fact that I can casually joke to people about how I need a drink and they'll just laugh is shameful.

So yeah basically I blame society for me being a massive piece of shit.
>>
>>8832474

there's insane social stigma towards being a drunk, you drunk
>>
>>8832485
this
>>
>>8832485
There's "insane social stigma" toward being a dysfunctional drunk. If you're productive and hold a job, nobody gives a shit. That's true for most sins of life. You can rail meth and nobody would bat an eye provided you get a fat paycheck at the end of the week.

Hobos get judged the hardest regardless if they're drunks or not.
>>
>>8832507
thats a bingo
>>
>>8832474
Just wait until you're a bit deeper down the rabbit hole, start drinking every waking hour, mixing with benzos and find yourself stumbling down the street with your coat on inside out, shit seeping down both legs, screaming at passers-by, falling over, throwing up, taking a swing at the shopkeeper and ending up back in a police cell for the third time that week.
I'm four days sober at the moment, longest I've been sober for a while, and I'm just starting to realise how much of my furniture is broken and how many marks are all on all of the walls, presumably because I've fallen over so many times and smashed into just about every possession in my house. Being totally devoted to alcohol will turn you into a fucking human tornado of faggotry. I've (apparently) drawn audiences of like 30 people on the street with my blackout outbursts.
>>
File: 20170419_165850.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170419_165850.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I think I got tricked into buying a meme beer.
>>
>>8832534
>I've (apparently) drawn audiences of like 30 people on the street with my blackout outbursts.

What the fuck did you do?
>>
>>8832541

Try Ale'Coq Porter or Saku Porter.
>>
>>8832552
I'll keep an eye out. This baby isn't too bad, if a little strong with its bitter notes. I imagine it's what underage Warcraft raiders drink to feel badass.
>>
>>8832558

Actually I don't even know if that beer is exported to America
>>
>>8832534

Fucking kek. Tell more about the outbursts.
>>
>>8832562

This, it's story time now
>>
been on a health kick that last 3 months. now im on hokiday and drunk on a small bottle of cptn morgan and a baileys shake. i love 4chan. you people wpuld turn on a dime and shit on me but damn i feel so comfortable on /fit/ , /ck/, and /v/
>>
>>8832567
I love you too anon. I don't know what I'd do without this site.
>>
>>8832573
stay humorous, hateful and sexy, /ck/. forgive ne for binging, but prague is so fun, and being drunk; moreso.
>>
>drinking increases from weekends to thurs-sunday
>start skipping uni on modays, maybe a hair of the dog? monday added to roster
>tuesday next, need break so wednesdays are sober days
>alcohol consumption continues to increase, a bottle a night won't do, add beers
>skip beers and just buy a 1l bottle of spirits
>can't remember last time I went to uni
>wednesday turns from sober day to sleep through day
>still manage to complete uni work but will graduate without hons, just a plain BSc
>student loan payments will stop soon then no more booze
>need job, can't sustain lifestyle without money

Fuck, Thanks for that uni. 4 years and I get a ton of debt an alcohol dependence and a shitty degree.
>>
>>8832584
at least you got the degree. i didnt get that far
>>
>>8832584
Literally me
Fuck man I'm so scared for the summer
>>
>>8832591
True but it was comp sci and no honours means shitty programmer. Maybe try and get a shitty job with the government where I can slack off.

>>8832594
Me too man, worried about rent. I'm going to get kicked out if I don't find a job pronto.
>>
>>8832584
You're forgetting that you'll eventually need a job that will both sustain you and your student loan repayment. Enjoy that.
>>
>>8832614
Nah, luckily I live in Scotland. The payments were government funded and your repayments are based on your income. Still be harsh and interest will accumulate but I won't have to give up a whole months wage ever and I could get lucky and flee the country and work outside the UK and fuck the payments then. I'd feel like shit doing that though, don't want to fuck over my own.
>>
>>8832598
I'm gonna have to get some shitty part time job if I don't find something full time, and going back to living with my parents isn't going to be pleasant. I have no idea how to hide my alcohol when I'll be using their car and my room isn't very private.
>>
>>8832624
You might be underestimating how much of your income it will amount to. I live in Canada and there's hardship programs for debts but it's still brutal even at the minimum level.

Though I probably shouldn't scare you too much about how your thirties are going to be.
>>
>>8832628
I'm lucky that if the worst happens my mum and dad are seperated and my dad is an old drunk so I could crash at his and he probably wouldn't even notice. But fuck living with others, need space.

>>8832630
Nah, I know what is coming. I was a mature student. I'm 31. I spent my 20's smoking pot and working kitchen jobs. Amazed it was uni that made me an alchie and not kitchen work, then again I stopped smoking when I started uni s maybe not that surprising.
>>
>>8832584

Literally me except no debt and maybe no degree, only many years wasted of my life
>>
>Gas station burger has shit tons of different veggies on it

This must be healthy right and vitamin rich
>>
>>8832681
Meat, grains and veg? Of course it is. Don't think because it has a high fat content it is bad. You would die without fat.
>>
>>8832628
get a voss water bottle, dump the water, fill with vodka
no one will suspect a thing
unless your mom is some kind of fucking weirdo or already suspects your drinking habit and goes around sniffing water
>>
>>8832235
Yes, that's a standard sign you've started down that route.
Turn back now before it's too late
>>
>>8832681
Yeah man. All the best cuts of meat can be fully cooked in 30 seconds in a microwave. Just add some lettuce flavoured imitation vegetable product and a slice of American cheese. some haribo strawbs will provide a tasty, vitamin rich fruit dessert. a feast fit for a king.
>>
>>8832761

Different types of vegs, lettuce, pickles, onion, tomato I think there was some other shit I didn't recognize too
>>
>>8832764
Are you honestly asking whether a gas station burger is a healthy, vitamin rich, nutritious food?
Fuck it, gotta be better than my diet has been recently. At one point in my desperately to get anything solid into my stomach with out immediately throwing up, i mashed some toilet roll up in one of my drinks.
Probably about as nutritious as a gas station burger to be honest.
>>
>>8832776

A lettuce is a lettuce and a tomato is a tomato no matter where you get them
>>
File: BomNnGF.gif (1MB, 227x152px) Image search: [Google]
BomNnGF.gif
1MB, 227x152px
>>8832761
>All the best cuts of meat can be fully cooked in 30 seconds in a microwave

No one said anything about it being a fucking filet mignon you prick. Which incidentally can be cooked in 30 seconds. Nice meme retard.

>lettuce flavoured imitation vegetable product

I don't know where to start with how retarded this is.

Are you actually a retard or just baiting, you baited me. Are you proud?
>>
File: 1438470230233.jpg (19KB, 242x320px) Image search: [Google]
1438470230233.jpg
19KB, 242x320px
>>8832681
>>
File: 745631287518956344u28.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
745631287518956344u28.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
Just ruined my first ever 100 day sober streak. Back to day one after a 6 day bender and hate myself right now. I think I need to cut out all of my old friends and find people who don't drink. Can't keep doing this or I'll end up in jail or dead
>>
>>8832859
100 days is a hell of a streak to fuck up. How much did you drink during this 6 days
>>
>>8832859
I've destroyed 8tb of music because music makes me crave drink, changed my phone number and isolated myself for years and even moved house in an attempt to stop. I always relapse. It's the addiction I need to escape, not its 'triggers'. So, essentially I think we're fucked.
100 days is superb though. Maybe just aim to do that again now that you know you can do it. It's a hell of a lot healthier than simply never taking breaks at all. Your liver has had some great regeneration space.
>>
File: IMG_1666.jpg (56KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1666.jpg
56KB, 450x450px
>>8832584

>not drinking before his 7am comparative anatomy lab where you dissect all sorts of strange and smelly creatures

Git gud
>>
File: 1453778052983.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1453778052983.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>8832897
>going to a lab session
>not just making an excuse 3 days later
>>
>>8832897
>>8832937
>going to school

lol, do you guys actually do this?
>>
File: 1476983438382.jpg (119KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
1476983438382.jpg
119KB, 617x932px
>>8832941
You don't actually go in, you just do the bare minimum to keep the loan payments coming.
>>
>>8832941
>>8832937

Full scholarship, lab is fun.
>>
>>8832474
Eventually you may realize that how you feel about yourself is more important than how "socially acceptable" your vices seem. Especially when those vices cause your social circle and abilities to dwindle and you spend more time alone with a bottle, trying not to think about who you have become.
>>
>>8832859
Don't feel bad. When I was attending AA there were always people starting over after breaking 1 or 2 years of sobriety. It's more common than not, really
>>
>>8832961
delete
>>
>>8832964
I'm having trouble believing you are even old enough to drink. You need to go back anon.
>>
>>8832022
I'm right there with ya. Same shit. I tell myself I'll quit every morning. Break down every night.
>>
>>8832022
It would be nice to hear the opinion of a long term alch but I guess they are all dead or incapable. We're fucked boyos.
>>
>two months left on probation
>worried im gonna fuck it all up again like I have done so many times in the past.
>>
>>8833022
Then do it, you won't have to worry any more.
>>
>>8833016
Been drunk for 23 years. I have to put a pillow underneath my torso if I want to lie on my side, have needed to for years. Turns out the pain in the top left quadrant was due to an inflamed spleen, top right quadrant was my liver and everything else was intestinal pain. In short, everything is falling to pieces. I don't suppose you're going to drop dead any moment now, but get it checked out if you can.
>>
>>8833022
Power through it and get off paper you god damn special ed motherfucker
>>
>>8833034
Do you get a feeling like you are folding your liver when you bend down?
>>
>>8833031
>>8833042
Im good now, im just worried ill start doing stupid shit like drinking all the time when im off. I currently get random UAs for drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>8832387
what kind of shit though
alcohol doesn't give any bulk mass to your poo so if you're shitting "big ones" then you probably ate a lot of food since you last pooed
unless they're "big" liquid shits
>>
>>8832447
2-3 days is flat out retarded, im doing 1-2 units a day to be on safe side. Technically 3rd day in and down a total of 4 units and the withdrawls suck but are manageable
>>
>>8832874
Don't know if I remember perfectly, but at least a 30 case of beer, i think 4 40oz high gravs, 5L box of wine. Also a few miscellaneous craft beers. Don't think I drank any liquor except for a shot or two of SoCo that was left in a bottle that I found. It started off reasonably tame, but the last couple days were completely out of control
>>8832896
only reason I got the 100 days is because I changed my number and isolated myself after I dropped out of school. I'm pretty good at not drinking when I'm alone now. I'll be moving to a new location for work in about a month so I'll be getting away from all my old friends anyways. I guess I'll find out if I'm just blaming my friends or if they actually are the problem. I think every time I want to drink I just use visiting them as an excuse to get drunk. I told them I would come up and visit one more time before I left but I already know they are drinking the entire weekend. If I go no contact on them now I already know I will have at least a 3 month sober streak because once I move I will be in an environment where it is impossible to get alcohol for a while.
>>8832968
I know it just sucks feeling like you ruined everything you accomplished. I always just feel really down after drinking and it makes my mind a mess trying to curb the feelings of guilt, embarrassment, and anxiety. Wasn't even physically hung over after this bender, but my mind is crippling me right now.
>>
>>8833050
Yeah I suppose I can relate, plus there's a constant ache and random stabbing pains too.
>>
>>8832534
Are you the new smirnoff-bro?
What's your usual poison?

>>8832584
>>still manage to complete uni work but will graduate without hons, just a plain BSc
I switched from heavy consumption to alcoholism during my final internship for my diploma. 10 years later, I haven't made use of said diploma.
Anon, may I suggest you take a turn in your life now. Sober up, get a job and a not too shitty situation, you'll see then about drinking moderately.
You can read ITT where the path of drinking goes. It's not a pleasant death.
>>8832642
Go back to smoking.

>A dirty hobo, reeking of booze
>Carry around a sleek and refined VOSS bottle
>>8832727
>no one will suspect a thing
>>
>>8833034
So you can deal with the pain for years? I thought I was on the verge of death and it just started getting bad.
>>
I started a new job this week after being unemployed for three months, most of which I spent at the bottom of a wine bottle. It's nice to be back at work, and I haven't drank for seven days. My problem is I CAN'T FUCKING SLEEP!!

No matter what I'll fall asleep for an hour or so, and then I'm fully awake for another couple of hours, making me drag at work all day.

What can I do to resolve this insomnia?
>>
>>8833088
I get drunk.
>>
>>8833094
darknet, ghb.

drink one little cap, get like 5 hours of wonder rem 3 sleep..

its that salt water of life
>>
Some advice anons, make fucking sure to eat at least a sandwich everyday. When you stop eating you will really fuck your insides up.
>>
>>8833130

how so? can you be more specific? I'm the starving-myself-because-I-miss-a-girl guy from before.
I haven't even drank but I've just been knocking back kratom all day
>>
>>8832982

Back to where? I'm 27 and still have my textbook
>>
>>8833138
When you stop eating then your liver has to start breaking down fat to feed you, add alcohol on top and that is bad news. Your pancreas will get funky as well, pancreatitis is no laugjing matter and it happens when you drink and don't eat.
>>
>>8833158

what if you don't drink either?
>>
>>8833192
Not eating WILL fuck up your liver, read about anorexic liver damage. Your liver is a busy chap.
>>
>>8833211
I don't have any sad reaction images
I guess it's not like I thought this was healthy...
>>
File: 1448738502007.jpg (38KB, 343x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448738502007.jpg
38KB, 343x600px
>>8833222
Here you go, now have something to eat m8. I'm an alchie and I force it down, you can manage as well.
>>
>>8833236

You know what, I will. Thanks for this... Very minute action of caring. As good a reason as anything. Kindness of strangers...
>>
>Blacked out
>Woke up to find my room covered in blood, piss and vomit

jesus christ
>>
File: grrr.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
grrr.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
>>8833249
Good luck m8, I was trying to think of advice but that would be patronising. Just fucking get on with life m8, enjoy.
>>
>>8833278
Hmm, wrong pic selected but I like it in context anyway. GRRR!
>>
>>8832427
My supermarket sells €3.99 liters of their name-brand wine, I usually get the Chilean red because it's the least sweet and has the most alcohol (13%). I get the white in summer. That shit is like crack for me.
>>
>>8833290
Man, does that give you sever heartburn? I tried to move to wine from spirits because it is more alc % per £ spent but I would be in agony all night.
>>
>>8833271
Christ, how much did you drink?

20 days ago I practically chugged a 4loko, followed by a tallboy of Natty ice, and then nearly half of a large bottle of wine.

Woke up covered in piss and haven't drank since that night.
>>
>>8832776
>At one point in my desperately to get anything solid into my stomach with out immediately throwing up, i mashed some toilet roll up in one of my drinks.
isn't this what they call 'hitting rock bottom'?
>>
>>8833115
Stay away from that shit, it's no good. Worse than heroin when you get hooked.
>>
File: oooh.png (638KB, 512x550px) Image search: [Google]
oooh.png
638KB, 512x550px
>>8833328
>this guy hasn't eaten rocks
>>
>>8833302
>Man, does that give you sever heartburn?
Why would it? Read again, I'm not talking about a 4 liter bottle of wine, it's a liter bottle that costs 4 euros.

Anyway, no I've never had heartburn. And it's not uncommon for me to have some more beers after one of those bottles is gone (anywhere from 2 to 8 before I pass out).
>>
>>8833328
Actually the sentiment behind it isn't that bad since cellulose is dietary fiber, i would however think that cotton would be easier to get down, or even straight up paper
>>
File: bnb8.jpg (85KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
bnb8.jpg
85KB, 720x480px
>>8833356
>I've never had heartburn
>>
>>8833380
I didn't until I was in my 20's and even since then, I've only had a few light cases.
>>
>>8833372
wow I fucking love science now
>>
>>8833346
this is also true...
>>
>>8833386
>in my 20's

That is usually when it starts. Kids and teens don't usually get heartburn.
>>
'the fear' pls go ;_;
>>
>>8833422
Ye cannae hae the fear at 2 am ye wee shitebag.
>>
>>8833430
Everything makes me gasp with fear and every twitch, I think is a seizure starting. Sat here wide eyed, short of breath and petrified of everything. No lorazepam left either.
Fuck this, I'm hiding under my duvet until mr Patel opens his doors. 4 hours. I can make it.
>impending doom intensifies >>8833430
>>
>>8833468

Get good and distract yourself. The fear isn't an imminent seizure.
>>
>>8833468
Get a book and read it in a hot bath, your safe in the bath with locked doors.
>>
>>8833372
isn't paper treated with a variety of chemicals, including bleach
just drink a powdered fiber supplement, you can add it to your alcohol even
>>
Wew so I had some bloodwork done last week and even though I've had to do a 10 day detox to skirt the test in the past I decided to keep rolling with my 1.75l/week (low for here, but we all know that isn't a normal person's consumption). I decided I finally want some actual help and figured I'd see how bad the results are and tell him I really need it.

Doc specifically tests for AST, ALT, and GGT since I told him about drinking issues in the past and even though I drank heavily right up to within a few hours of the test everything came back completely normal. I still told him I want some fucking help since the mental dependency is driving me mad so now I've got to try to try to sober up before he can put me on depression meds. I'm worried it won't be worth it.

>>8833328
I think my low point was running to Walmart at 4 am for Listerine since the booze store was closed.
>>
>>8833483
>drink protein and fiber powder with booze
>liver gets muscles and bad attitude
>literally slaps drinks out my hand with liver muscle
>Slave to liver now and must feed on virgin blood

No thanks
>>
>>8833489

Well if you're young your blood work will of course be fine. You're still killing germs yourself though 1.75L/wk isn't bad.
>>
>>8833498

No idea where germs came from..
>>
>>8833489

You sound more neurotic than anything else.
>>
File: _73793871_liver.jpg (54KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_73793871_liver.jpg
54KB, 1024x576px
>>8833491
this guy walks up to your drink and slaps her on the ass
waht do you do?
>>
File: 1458152522032.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458152522032.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>finally have a job which allows me to purchase the alcohol i desire after years of un(der)employment
>too tired to get past a full handle of vodka by the time the weekend comes

side note, i find hangovers are nonexistent since switching from beer/wine to spirits
a pleasant find at least
>>
>>8833498
>>8833489

For a while I knew it would still come up fine even if I drank so I did and it was. Then 2 years ago all of my liver enzymes came up elevated on a few successive tests so I started doing the detox to make sure things could still normalize and they did. Now I didn't bother and everything appears fine again but I want to crack the habit.

Of course I am a lightweight by al/ck/ standards since I still operate as a normal human being for 90% of my awake day. I can't do the wake up and drink thing without feeling deathly ill almost immediately. I've always kept it to a 2-3 hour period at night which is nothing here but I also haven't not drank before bed for probably 7 years now and I can't take the fact that I can't go to bed without it.
>>
>>8833559
>say 's-sorry liver'
>leave bar
>buy bottle of scotch, I'll teach him a lesson
>sit down, pour drink
>"You know I can see you anon"
>chest starts roiling
>"Put that bottle down little man"
>Liver punches stomach
>puke everywhere
>"Bed time little boy"
>'s-sorry liver'
>liver flexes and causes you to shit yourself

A nightmarish thought, let's all refrain from any healthy activity and keep these livers in place
>>
What's the best whiskey for around 20 dollars a handle?
>>
I've made it to 10pm without drinking! Withdrawal settling in now though.
>>
God almight, the alcoshits are murdering me here
Brown water out of my ass
>>
>>8833663
Not much of a whiskey/bourbon guy, but I like Woodford Reserve from time to time. It just tastes smoother than others I've had. Can't remember if that is <20$ or not.
>>
>>8830496
I make over 150k usd per year.

I show up hungover almost every day. I bullshit until lunch. Then do just enough to get by in the afternoon. Leave on time. Drink again.
>>
>>8833669
Congrats anon. I'm always amazed when I can make it one full day. So amazed that I then manage to do at least a few more days thereafter, sometimes weeks, one time months. Day 1 is right up there with the most difficult of all hurdles to conquer.
>>
>>8833695

Give me 200 bucks for my rent then
>>
>>8830754
Ugh, during the year or so I spent as a hardcore alchy I didn't go to the doctor once. I can't imagine how I would have managed to, honestly.
>>
>>8833710
Why?
>>
>>8831280
Bacardi Gold tastes horrible for sipping lol. Get a spiced rum
>>
>>8833741
Because you have substantially more money than me. I'm not saying I deserve it or you don't but these are the facts, now cut a brother some slack so we can all enjoy a drink.
>>
>>8831478

Interesting. How long did you drink before this. Also what did you do during the 10 years? Did you actively try to better yourself and your life? Was it much better for the first years sober then got progressively worse but you stayed sober telling yourself at least your still staying clean ?Sorry for so many questions
>>
>>8833479

Not if Freddy Kruger finds you
>>
>>8833762
Baths are for suicide, murdering someone in the bath is just fucking rude.
>>
>>8831363
Naw man, tonic water has a lot of sugar/carbs in it. Not recommended.
>>
>>8833796

get diet tonic!
>>
>>8833796
Shit tonic water does. A little sugar for decent stuff but it is 10x better than a coke or something.
>>
>>8832382
whew boi that looks rough.
>>
Weird as fuck question but is there anywhere that delivers that has grape soda? Just looking for a two liter of Fanta or something
>>
>>8833837
Anon, you should know that the internet, which includes 4chan, is a thing that spans every country in the world. That means we couldn't possibly give you advice on such a specific request without your address and bank details.
>>
>>8833837
>>8833858
While this is true I'm gonna take a guess. Fanta is a popular drink of white trash in Detroit. So were gonna go with that Mich area, lower middle white guy,
>>
>>8833837
>>8833858
>>8833878
Now I'm interested, is anon right?
>>
>>8833858
>>8833878
>>8833891
I'm from Orlando, I really just wanna know if any pizza places or anything carry it.
>>
>>8833900
Anon, do you realise how fucking retarded it was to ask that question on here? Why did you think anyone would know where you were or how to help you?
>>
>>8833094
For the time being, just a simple benadryl should do the trick. Just stay on the sober train and trust me, you'll regain the ability to sleep. I went YEARS of not being able to sleep without booze in me, and I still remember when I was able to gain that ability back. One of my prouder moments. And god damn, you feel AMAZING when you wake up from a completely sober sleep.
>>
>>8833913
Fuck off nigger I wondered if anyone knew a delivery place that had grape fanta
>>
>>8833936
Benadryl will still have anon waking up after a few hours, the best thing is to skip a nights sleep at the weekend. You'll be so fucking tired by 9pm the next day you will crash and your body resumes a normal sleep pattern.
>>
>>8833953
Yeah I do, but it doesn't deliver 20000 miles away you tit.
>>
>>8833955
Nope. When I try to quit, I still won't sleep and start getting chest pains around day 3 and have to start drinking again. I consider it a miracle if I can get past 2 hours in the first 2 nights combined.
>>
>>8834003
you dont have to sleep
just lay down in the dark
>>
>>8834003
wait u wake up in the middle of the night and drink?

what how why wut
>>
>>8834003
We were discussing anons insomnia after 7 days sober, if you cnan't follow a conversation then don't comment you spaz. That said, day 3 is the breaking point.
>>
>>8834003
oh get some ghb from the darknet
>>
>>8834024
I barely get any sleep at all for 72+ hours, then get chest pains and get scared from being so exhasted. Then I drink until I pass out.
>>
>>8833819
Just saying it's not exactly good for a diet. Even a nice tonic like fever tree has more calories than you'd want to have if you want to eat normally

>>8833819
Correct, it just tastes like shit
>>
>>8834039
are u above getting some perscription sleep aid from a dr
>>
>>8833900
Hey, I live in Orlando too. What part of town are you in? I'm downtown in Thornton Park
>>
>>8833955
This is not how sleep works.
>>
File: 929174_product_front_0.png (393KB, 1024x747px) Image search: [Google]
929174_product_front_0.png
393KB, 1024x747px
What are you drinking al/ck/
>>
>>8834051
I mean I kind of want to, but I don't really wanna tell him it's for alcohol. I've been able to make it past day 3 about half the time I've tried. So I usually wait a week or 12 and try again.
>>
>>8834074
White Claws
>>
>>8834070
Sorry Dr. Anon. You seem to have unraveled the mysteries of sleep. Please enlighten us?

My post was based on experience and it does work. I have done this multiple times with withdrawl. Just force yourself to stay awake 24+ hours until the sun sets and then crash. You will sleep like a baby for 5-6 hours solid.
>>
>>8834097
I should add that that means stay awake, no naps or closing your eyes for a few minutes. You need to fry your mind.
>>
>>8834097
Don't be condescending. Sleep is known to not be a matter of accumulation. It's hard to discount anecdotal personal experience, which is what you are relying on. Not saying it's wrong, just that from a perspective of what little we still know about sleeping, it's not exactly accurate. Whatever works for you is best for you
>>
>>8834119
>Sleep is known to not be a matter of accumulation

Seems to support my theory retard.
>>
>>8834125
Why are you so upset and resorting to insults? Accumulation as in it's not the total amount of sleep you get over X amount of time, which is what you're basing it on :)
>>
>>8834125
>retard

lol it's okay I remember my first drunken tirade, too
>>
>>8830618
Personally I do pretty good cardio when a bit drunk - you don't really feel most of the pain.

Get drunk, exercise, eat less.
>>
>>8834097
5 or 6 hours is nothing tho :( I need more than that
>>
>>8834140
I just feel overly exhausted like I'm going to pass out if I do much exercise after drinking
>>
>>8834129
Can I see your credentials again? You seem to talk a lot of nonsense. Your argument to me, correct me if I'm wrong, is that staying awake for a long time doesn't mean you will sleep later? My argument to you was that staying awake a long time will make sleep easier and last longer. You find a flaw in this because? Sleep is not accumulation? Read back everything you said. You have said nothing of any factual basis and ignored the only evidence presented, my anecdotes that have been tested multiple times.
>>
>>8834144
Use my system and 6 hours is solid, you won't dream but you will know you slept. Better than 12 hours in bed with occasional 1 hour sleeps.
>>
>>8834156
Can I see your credentials? If we're going to go that route...obviously nobody here is a doctor.

My argument is not that it won't force you to sleep later (obviously staying up a long time WILL make you tired). My argument is that forcing yourself to stay up for an extended period of time does not result in a better sleep. Substance abuse disrupts sleep cycles and simply staying up for a long time to the point where you sleep for 5 hours does not mean those 5 hours are actually good, restorative sleep. It's all about hitting your REM cycles, not the amount.

I'm not trying to be anything but civil here. I believe you when you say it "works" for you, but I also have to point out that it's not a matter of hitting some weekly quota of sleep, or a certain number of hours in a given time.

Just chill out. Relying strictly on personal anecdotes without a scientific basis to back those up is not good reasoning. I trust what you say has worked for you, but that doesn't mean it's "good" for your body.
>>
File: 1487369228161.jpg (43KB, 503x641px) Image search: [Google]
1487369228161.jpg
43KB, 503x641px
>>8834156
y'all taking about normal people not fuck nigger withdrawaling from alcohol. Fuck of
>>
whenever I've skimped out on sleep to study or finish an assignment that I put off until the last minute, I'm always really exhausted the next day and I sleep a long deep sleep at the end of the week when I have time
>>
>>8834193
Yes, of course you're going to sleep a long time. But your perception of a lengthy sleep as good sleep is not necessarily true. I've done it too, and it feels amazing but that doesn't mean you are getting the kind of sleep you actually need. Forced lack of sleep is not a healthy way to go about it
>>
>>8834185
You sound drunk. Just follow this advice and you'll be fine
>>
>>8834184
You seem to have entirely missed my point. I wasn't saying staying up was good or healthy, or even that the sleep after was good. I was saying it almost reboots your sleeping pattern. After that you can go to bed at night again.

I admit to being rude earlier but you are being a child, you condescend and provide nothing but opinion. You are conjecturing without even anecdote as evidence.
>>
>>8834156
>personal anecdotes
>evidence
>>
>>8834238
Interestingly, I haven't seen any facts from the other anon so I can only conclude that my anecdotes are correct. I say other anon, but I obviously mean you. It is obvious you are samefagging.
>>
>>8834246
>>8834238
>>8834233
>>8834225
>>8834204
>>8834184
>>8834178

You children are harshing the mood, even for an al/ck/ thread.
>>
>>8834233
I don't think either of us are arguing our points very well since neither of us have linked to any actual studies or data. I respect what works for you..it hasn't worked for me that way, but that doesn't mean it won't work for others. I think we both misunderstood the point the other was trying to make. Everyone in this thread has a hard enough life without us resorting to a stupid 4chan argument. Good luck to you, me, and anyone else here suffering. I'm sorry if I offended you
>>
>>8834264
They are both faggots and need to fuck off.

To the anon trying to sleep try to eat a large meal and fuck yourself.

And fuck everyone else as well.
>>
>>8834275
Fuck off, you tried to sound smart by refuting anecdotes with 'science' and no facts and got shown to be a fucking tool. Learn from this, an anonymous image board is one place but you will look a right tit if you try that shit in real life.

That said, all the best lad. Have a good day/night.
>>
>>8834292
So angry
>>
File: 2XuiXLn.jpg (54KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
2XuiXLn.jpg
54KB, 640x603px
>>8834299
grrrr
>>
So back on track, guys - any plans for the weekend?
>>
>>8834144
>>8834178
From my own experience he is right. I've had to do this many times due to withdrawal and attempting to force myself back into normal sleep. Grab some caffeine and video games and just stay up for 24 hours. Once you start to feel a little tired then go start cleaning your bathroom or something, you'll get bored as shit and crash land in your bed. It won't be long sleep and if you are like me you will still be thrashing in a cold sweat, but it's a lot better than just deciding "I'm going to lay in bed now and sleep even though I'm not tired at all".
>>
>>8834333
Thats not how sleep works
>>
File: HGd50Wp.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
HGd50Wp.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>8834338
pls stop
>>
>>8834333
I totally understand that, but I think that him and I did not understand the point we were each trying to make initially. Simple miscommunication, both of us had valid points respective of what we thought. What you say definitely makes sense
>>
>>8834358
Not the anon you were talking to but the problem with the argument is youre a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1452745410576.gif (476KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
1452745410576.gif
476KB, 400x290px
>>8834358
Still thinking about me, huh? You'll get over it babe.
>>
>>8834074
>refreshingly honest

lel, so the beer tells you that it's destroying your life while you drink it?
>>
>>8834371
After I sleep 5 hours, yes I will
>>
File: 1451853181527.gif (839KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1451853181527.gif
839KB, 500x650px
>>8834382
Oooh do we have a secret joke now? This has taken a sexy turn.

You're not a blimp are you?
>>
>>8834390
5'11, 160 lbs. You decide ;)
>>
>>8834395
Btw those are my cawk measurements
>>
>>8834395
less than 6, you are quick to disappoint
>>
>>8834399
post it and I might be interested again. Otherwise I can only imagine you are a child.
>>
>>8834401
>>8834399
>>8834395
>>8834390
>>8834382
Faggots. I came on 4chan for support and all I got was faggots.
>>
Anyone heard from Smirnoffbro or Mall Drinker?
>>
>>8834410
>I came on 4chan for support
>calling other people faggot
:^)
>>
>>8834410
Ill support your ass with my dick
>>
File: boobies.jpg (33KB, 311x346px) Image search: [Google]
boobies.jpg
33KB, 311x346px
>>8834410
I actually am a grill you prick.

I shouldn't do this but here.
>>
>>8834430
Troll. That's Fat Bastard.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 208x242px
>>8834432
Fine here is my true self.
>>
>>8834450
Holy shit lol I actually know that guy he used to date my sister. Very physically and emotionally abusive haha wow. Always thought I'd recognize a girl posted on 4chan, not a guy. Yeesh.
>>
you think life can't get any worse, then you come into al/ck/ and have to look at man tits. Really makes you think.
>>
>>8834414
a couple threads back he was going to kill himself but then decided not to
because if you kill yourself you can't drink anymore which sucks
think of how boring that would be
>>
>>8834457
yeesh

kek, are you 70?
>>
>>8834473
:(
>>
>>8834478
kek, showing your age grandpa

You're alright by me though, it's cute.
>>
>>8830618
vodka tampons in ur ass.
>>
2 days since my last drink. imma make it.
>>
>>8834466
>a couple threads back he was going to kill himself but then decided not to
Wait really? I lost track of him after he posted the pic of the rope.

I hope mall drinker is still sober, he was trying really hard.
>>
>>8835073
Here's his last post I remember >>8811677
not sure if you can see it
>>
File: Schermopname (734).png (39KB, 309x239px) Image search: [Google]
Schermopname (734).png
39KB, 309x239px
>>8835088
>Couldn't fucking find a tree I could climb high enough.

Well good to know he doesn't really want to die.

Hang in there Smirnoffbro.

>captcha: unsuitable wood
>>
>>8834410
>>8834284
>>8834264
This. Holy shit it's toe curling, please someone make it stop, this isn't /b/.
>>
Smirnoff bro?
>>
>>8830386
For anyone who wants to answer, how do you deal with hangover anxiety that doesn't involve drugs or alcohol?
>>
Fucking what
What is going on
I've been getting runny nose, sneezing, left eye constantly feeling like something's in there, then it gets sore from rubbing, there's shit loads of that mucus or w/e when waking up, you know the shit that hardens
I literally only get ill once a year and it's a common cold, nothing else for the past 2 decades
Christ
>>
>>8835241
Conjunctivitis maybe. It'll be a couple days.
>>
>>8835247

Problem is it happens every few weeks
>>
>>8835241
its called allergies you idiot
>>
>>8835241
Apparently alcohol can exacerbate sinus issues due to the dehydration it causes. If you have any existing issues like a sinus infection or are are suffering from a deviated septum expect the issues to worsen tenfold.

I'm honestly considering surgery. My sinuses are so fucked. Days when I drink are undoubtedly worse but even on good days I can barely breathe through my nose any more.

I think it's a genetic issue at its core though. Positive I have extremely narrow nasal cavities or a massively deviated septum. I've been a mouth breather for a few years.
>>
>>8835254

Since when do allergies manifest when you're over 25?
>>
>>8835197
Prevention is key, nigger.
Drink lots of water/gatorade/powerade, nigger.
Only way to stop a hangover is do it while you're drinking, nigger.
Before/during your binge eat a nice, fat, greasy, burger, nigger. Or asian food, or really anything with a ton of grease and fat, nigger.
Don't drink $9 bottles of whiskey, nigger. The good shit has more toxins and garbage filtered out, helps way more with the hangover, nigger.
Take more vitamins and shit, nigger.

I may feel groggy in the morning but as long as I eat before drinking and drink water or something during binge, only hangover is a bit of grogginess, nigger.
>>
>>8835258
literally all the time
I didnt start having allergies until 23
>>
>>8835258
Adult onset allergies are normal.
>>
>>8835258
this
>>8835262

"adult onset allergies"
sounds gay as fuck but when you think about it it kinda makes sense. you're around the same mold/pollen/dust your entire life and after awhile it compromises your immune system to that particular particle.
>>
>>8835259
This is basically what I expected people to say and I already do a lot of this stuff. I just am particularly susceptible to anxiety if I drink more than I usually do. Just kind of seeing if anything new might come up.
>>
>>8834410
story of my life pal
>>
Who here A.M drinking?
>>
Say you had to take a drug test for a job, what if they were to find trace amounts of alcohol in your blood that was below the legal limit? Does that even happen? What would happen?
>>
>>8835390

It doesn't happen. You don't have anything to worry about.

Any al/ck/ members ever had any success with moderation? I've been sober for a month and plan to start drinking again 30 days from now... trying to decide how to approach it without going back to drinking 10+ beers a day again.
>>
>>8835400
I wouldn't call it proper moderation because I still drink like a bottle of wine every day pretty much. But I used to exclusively drink a bunch of liquor everyday until I got so bad I checked myself into a detox. After like a month of sobriety I started again as well. I've never been completely sober for over a month at a time in like the past 9 years.
But it is true that I don't drink liquor nearly as much any more by a long shot. I mean, I know this doesn't really help you, but it is an account of a kind of change.
>>
Guys I have a problem. I recently got some Laphroaig 10 year old and one the first day it was absolutely glorious. Lovely taste of iodine, peat, smoke and seaweed.

I went for another glass three days later and all those distinct taste's are now lost one me. It starts with a sweet note followed by a jumble of tastes that don't resemble the first glass I had from this bottle at all.
>>
>>8835400
So are you saying that like 99% of the time they are just testing for marijuana and other harder drugs?
I don't do anything else besides drink and I wanted to keep it at an absolute minimum if I'm going to be tested.
>>
2 shots in not even noon..
>>
>>8835400
10 beers a day? Jeeezum crow that's a lot.
All those calories!

But yeah, try to find something to fill your time entirely
You won't need to drink if you're just always busy
>>
>>8835432
Had you been drinking before you tried it for the second time? Try it as your first drink of the night and see how that goes. It is only 40% so doesn't need much water at all. Ice will totally kill the flavour of it too.

If you like it, try the Quarter Cask version
>>
>>8835454
absolute madman
>>
>>8835460
Drank it straight and it was the first glass of the evening both time.

The taste just seems to have dulled in two days time. Maybe its the remnants of the cold or something.
>>
File: solarweight.png (984KB, 1538x1119px) Image search: [Google]
solarweight.png
984KB, 1538x1119px
>>8835439

Yep, just drugs. The problem with alcohol testing is that it's legal, and you pretty much can't accurately monitor whether or not someone's a problem/habit drinker through a simple hair/urine test, or just tell if they had a crazier night recently. They'd need special testing for it, and it's very costly. Unless you're getting a very specialized job, worry not.

>>8835459
Yeah, it's more on days where I "go out," and includes shots and stuff, plus food. But it's why I've cut it out and lost weight through diet.

I cut out booze for six months last year and this was my transformation with diet and exercise. (Yeah I should have hit the weights more.)
>>
im drunk
>>
I.. i c-can safely have like, 1, right guys? Or even 2, that's healthy...
Of course, if I buy 4 it's cheaper and well... cheaper still if I buy a crate of 24.
Yeah.
I mean it's only beer... it's not like it's a crate of vodka or anything, I just... I'm normal now. I've gone five days without a drop. I can handle it. Yeah. Just a nice, frosty pint or two, to wet the whistle. Nothing wrong with that.
Brb shop
>>
>>8830489

I drink cheap vodka

3 handles of popov = 46 dollars.

That lasts me the whole week, I spend more then that on fucking gas.

It's not that expensive to drink every day
>>
I'm 2 monthes dry. Depressed and anxious. I still have a codeine addiction but cannot go cold turkey and maintain my job. Anyone here successfully tapered codéine?
>>
>>8835667
Don't.
>>
>>8835823
No but I feel your pain. I went cold turkey after a five-year daily habit. Not quite as bad as alcohol withdrawal, but a lot worse than heroin because it goes on for so long. I pretty much just had to lay on the floor and try to meditate for two weeks solid.
>>
>>8835823
>>8835848
never go cold turkey, just get on a taper schedule. Why do this to yourself.
>>
What is the highest container-deposit sum you have ever returned?
>>
>>8835863
Codéine is harder to taper than booze. Do you have any experience of opiates?
>>
>>8835897
yea, i got hooked once went cold turkey went through hell.. fucked around got hooked again. tapered down a quarter of a pill every 3 days. painless.

All drugs can be tapered off of painlessly its all relative. It will still take time to get over the mental hump of not being high, but you will experience zero physical withdrawal
>>
>>8835928
You're giving me hope.
>>
>>8835928
What pills were you on?
>>
>>8835928
Also how long did it take to taper?
>>
>>8835949
its the absolute truth, same can be done with Alch. It is painless.
>>8835954
Roxy (blues) the first time. Second time it was oxy but it wasn't as a strong a the blue ones per pill, but it was a high mg.
>>8835961
I didnt really keep track I just stuck with my program till I was down to a quarter pill, then did 1/2 a quarter pill for a couple days and jumped off.. absolutely painless

It took me going through 2 different real deal withdrawals, straight hell on earth before doing it right with a taper. I think it's ego that makes us go cold turkey. Like FUCK IT I quit sort of mentality, its the stupidest shit of all time.. To willingly go through that crazyness..

But it took over a month. You start by finding the amount you can take to feel normal. not high normal, take that dose at the same time every day give or take an hour or two, and drop some every third day..

Goodluck guys you got this, always taper
>>
How bad is it to drink consistently throughout the day and never get really drunk? Most of my problems with booze come from binge drinking, but what if I "moderate" and just drink throughout the day. If I just have a beer when I wake up and then have one every 2 hours after that and maybe a few before I go to bed. Will that cause significant problems? It's got to be better than just having 12+ every night, right? I know I need to quit completely eventually, but I want to wait for my anxiety from my last drunken fuckups to die down a bit.
>>
>>8835994
>I know I need to quit completely eventually, but I want to wait for my anxiety from my last drunken fuckups to die down a bit.

You do know your anxiety is going to skyrocket anyway when you do quit right?
>>
>>8836041
ya but I think it will be less so if I wait it out for a couple weeks while drinking with no problems. also it will help me face the people who were with me and pretend to laugh off the situation
>>
one month down boys. 11 more to go
then i dunno
>>
>>8835928
This man speaks the truth. Going cold turkey is literally begging for a relapse due to physical withdrawal. Tapering slowly is the best thing any of you guys can do to get off of the sauce. There's one guy who said everyone here drinks until they blackout. Start your taper by not blacking out.
>>
>>8832022
Sounds like pancreatitis to me.
Eat something. If you can't keep it down, go to the hospital.

Next time, don't drink without eating, >>8833130 is the advice nobody told me at the hospital, and I've been a few times.
>>
>>8832515
You just say bingo
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.