[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working in the kitchen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: kitchen.jpg (114KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
kitchen.jpg
114KB, 940x500px
Anyone here work in a restaurant or bar?

What are the entry level positions like?

I might have a chance to get a job in the back of a yuppie style casual dining restaurant/bar (you know the type - big drink menu, $17 - $35 entrees, big outdoor patio, etc) and I'm not sure what to expect. I used to work in a factory, so being on my feet and being hot/sweaty isn't a big deal.
>>
>>8829224
>What are the entry level positions like?
Shitty.

>being on my feet and being hot/sweaty isn't a big deal.
good, go for it.
>>
>>8829245
ok, but what is the range of tasks/responsibilities?
>>
entry level is usually dishwasher
>>
>>8829262
is it a good idea to have latex or nitrile gloves to keep hands from drying out when working the dishes? or will they give me something at work
>>
>>8829294
Hahaha, nigga yo hands are getting wet and staying wet, gloves or no gloves

You'll have more to worry about than your skin moisture

Just keep your chin up and roll with any punches, bust ass, and be glad you aren't washing dishes at a Japanese place

You'll be okay
>>
Yeah homie fr that shit the least of your problems, I just got my first chef position at that's after 6 years of hard grinding in the industry starting as dishwasher. It's hot, sweaty, exhausting, your hands will be wet and covered in all types of food throughout your shift lol, get used to smelling like onions and garlic 24/7. You can't be squeamish to do this job you're going to have to get your hands really dirty. And also you gotta be able to follow orders and do it quick. If you can kill it though eventually you end up working your way up and it gets a lot more fun, but still just as physically demanding. Oh also the pay is shit most of the way up so be ready to live that poor life for a couple years lol. It's okay if you find a good place they'll feed you, I haven't bought groceries in 6 years lmao.
>>
I wanted to be a cook once, worked in a diner for a year but then nobody would hire me, what gives?

I'm white, speak English, don't have any tattoos or piercing, and no red flags such as drug use that would dissuade someone from hiring me.
>>
>>8829962
This is the joke. Bottom kek.
>>
>>8829962
everything you described is exactly the opposite of every chef i know
>>
>>8829962
Maybe because white English-speaking dudes who work in kitchens have tattoos and do a bunch of drugs. You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8829962
They only hire women with extremely scarce availability friend. I've been at it for 6 years and gotten one call, same situation.
I want to die, do you? It's better than begging churches for every calorie I get.
>>
>>8829977
I actually hate that the 'look' of a chef has been warped to the point where you have to look like an idiot with unnecessary tattoos and piercings.
>>
>>8829294
gloves you can skip however a rubber bib/good fucking slip proof shoes are a must

washing dishes is easy as fuck the worst job desu is busboy they are the niggers of a restaurant
>>
>>8829224
Say goodbye to your soul.
>>
>>8829977
white English-speaking dude who works in a kitchen and has tattoos and does a bunch of drugs here, can confirm.
>>
>>8829962

Because you sound boring as fuck, bruh
>>
Starting my Maccas UK shift at 12, so an hour and twentyish, just spent 5 days hurling my guts up from what I'm sure must've been some twit fucking up their hygiene on Wednesday. Don't do kitchen, mostly stuck on service and fries (fry station a best), but feel free to ask me anything and I'll answer soon as I can
>>
>>8830136
Kill yourself faster faggot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.