[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well /ck/ I basically never cook because I'm afraid of fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: my first steak.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
my first steak.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
well /ck/ I basically never cook because I'm afraid of fucking shit up, but I tried my best. Its delicious!

what are some of your experiences cooking things for the first time?
>>
You need to get your pan about three times hotter, to just about when it begins to smoke. That's the way to cook a steak rare while still getting a good sear.

That looks like a raw steak sat out in the sun for a couple for a couple hours.
>>
>>8825798
I don't actually have a proper stove or anything desu
>>
>>8825781
lower heat, longer cooking.

after you make the steak like it looks in your pic, lower the heat and let it cook for a while. more fat will melt down without really cooking your steak too much.
>>
File: 1489033690496.jpg (78KB, 900x821px) Image search: [Google]
1489033690496.jpg
78KB, 900x821px
>>8825822
>>8825781
sometimes i turn my stove burner as hot as it will go, i place a pan on it and pour in a little oil.

when the oil starts to smoke i know my pan is hot. i throw my steak on it and brace myself for hot flying oil.

after about a minute of smoke and steam i flip the steak over.

this follows for about a minute.

i then turn down the the heat. i let the steak slow cook, sometimes with a lid on the pan.

the steak is always tender.
>>
>>8825781
I've had mostly success with trying to cook stuff the first time. Usually I won't get it quite right, but it will still be tasty and edible. Only the Spanish omelette was a challenge. Had to make that shit 4 times to even get close.
>>
File: IMG_0591.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0591.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My roast venison turned out well. Was delicious with chips and onion gravy.

Searing the outside causes it to retain all the red juice inside, which I don't recommend. Next time I'll cook it covered in tin foil and use stock.
>>
>>8825781
>but I tried my best. Its delicious!
You just described why this board, other food forums, and food-related subreddits are cancer. It doesn't take much effort to produce something decent. The result is a bunch of arrogant cooks online.
>>
Tried cooking a steak. Triggered the fire alarm in my building block.

Room temperature, cook the steak when its room temperature.
>>
>>8826395
And you're an arrogant cook online.
>>
>>8826474

He's right though.

The internet is full of people posting standard food with captions saying how delicious it is when 95% of the time just passable home cooking.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.